Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

1-15 to 1-6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I heard that they weren't at full strength. Brophy and Hyland only played a half each and Kelly is to come back in. Have to say though that it's unlikely this group will go as far as last year's team.

Has Chris Healy to come in too? Daniel Flynn is naturally a massive loss for the U21s especially. Roscommon have been strong at this grade for quite a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Has Chris Healy to come in too? Daniel Flynn is naturally a massive loss for the U21s especially. Roscommon have been strong at this grade for quite a while now.
    The Two Mile House lads aren't involved yet as they are preparing for an AI club semi final.

I'd say Healy and Mark Sherry will be involved with them this year at some point.

Anyone in Newbridge today? It sounded like Hanafin played well.

UCD at home next Sunday in the semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Yeah im just back in the door. 1-11 to 0-8 final score. It wasnt a pretty game kildare looked that they were for the taking if ya keep running at them but a wins a win.

• Advertisement

They're playing Waterford on Tuesday night and the panel is being cut after that. I hope Ollie Lyons isn't out injured for too long. We need him back for the start of the league with Peter Kelly out of action.

Playing a semi v UCD next Sunday in Newbridge.

Rob Kelly and Seamus Hanafin seemed to be the standouts going by the commentary on KFM. A little worrying to let Carlow get that close to us, they were well in it with 10 mins to go.

Dublin are out, they lost to DCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Royce McCutcheon

First post here lads, Overseas at the moment so am missing out on the usual Pre-Season craic in the stand in Newbridge, is there any stand out players so far in our opinion from seeing the lads in the flesh? Sounds like O'Flaherty is taking on a bit of a leadership role in the forward's at the moment which is great to see of a lad that can be unsure of himself at times in my opinion.Early days I know but is there any young lads coming through that could stake a claim for a spot given the casualty list we have at the moment?

First post here lads, Overseas at the moment so am missing out on the usual Pre-Season craic in the stand in Newbridge, is there any stand out players so far in our opinion from seeing the lads in the flesh? Sounds like O'Flaherty is taking on a bit of a leadership role in the forward's at the moment which is great to see of a lad that can be unsure of himself at times in my opinion.Early days I know but is there any young lads coming through that could stake a claim for a spot given the casualty list we have at the moment?
    O'Flaherty is flying at the moment, in fairness he was pretty good last year too considering the bad year we had. He seems to be maturing into a brilliant footballer.

Darroch Mulhall of Athy has impressed in the one and a half games he's played. He has an eye for a goal and his free taking is a huge plus. Conor Tiernan of Sarsfields has impressed me as has Adam Tyrell of Moorefield. Sean Hurley played well last Sunday against Carlow by all accounts. Others like Joe Kinahan, Kevin Murnaghan and Seamus Hanafin (1-2 from play v Carlow) are also in with a shout. Sean Campbell of Sarsfields was MOTM on Sunday, I wasn't at this game so I can't say if he was or not. Podge Fogarty scored 1-2 against Athlone so he's in the mix too.

We should learn a little more on Sunday against UCD, they won't be pushovers that's for sure.

I thought Tommy Moolick was very impressive against Longford. He's not as flash as some of the midfielders he would have played alongside at underage level but he has always struck me as a real solid dependable type. I hope this could be the year where he finally shows why he was fast-tracked into the senior setup straight after minor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

BNMC wrote: »
    The Two Mile House lads aren't involved yet as they are preparing for an AI club semi final.

I'd say Healy and Mark Sherry will be involved with them this year at some point.

We were missing about 10 or 11, all either starters or in contention for starts.

Great to see the newer lads really putting it up to the older fellows. Sean cmpbell was soild on Sunday didnt give the lad an inch.
    mickey conway could of played his last game for kildare he was dreadful apart from the steal he got to get the goal. But apart from that he was out paced, bad shot selection, butter fingers. Same old......
    Hurley was very good in the middle but sgain it was carlow we were playing and not tyrone or dublin so it wouldnt be to hard to look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

Any news on how the Kildare V Waterford challenge game went last night?

Any one hear that moorefield are buying in players from kerry.
    Word has it that jack o connor son or sons will be playing for moorefield in the near future.
    I hope this is not another sj saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Any one hear that moorefield are buying in players from kerry.
    Word has it that jack o connor son or sons will be playing for moorefield in the near future.
    I hope this is not another sj saga.

The two lads are teaching in Kildare. It's a long drive from Maynooth to South Kerry for club training tbf. There's nothing untoward in this.

keane2097 wrote: »
    The two lads are teaching in Kildare. It's a long drive from Maynooth to South Kerry for club training tbf. There's nothing untoward in this.

Why cant they play for maynooth then or celbridge maybe kilcock. It be a 40 mins drive to moorefield from maynooth.

Why cant they play for maynooth then or celbridge maybe kilcock. It be a 40 mins drive to moorefield from maynooth.

Sorry, Maynooth was a typo, not sure where they are based.

I've heard they are living in Naas. I suppose it's possible they are teaching in Newbridge which may explain the Moorefield link. Serious boost for Moorefield. Paddy Murray and Roli probably won't be around for much longer and these two lads are great replacements.

Any news on how the Kildare V Waterford challenge game went last night?
    I heard Waterford won 0-10 to 0-9.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

I've heard they are living in Naas. I suppose it's possible they are teaching in Newbridge which may explain the Moorefield link. Serious boost for Moorefield. Paddy Murray and Roli probably won't be around for much longer and these two lads are great replacements.

Not sure exactly where but I heard they were teaching somewhere in Kildare alright.

I did hear that Jack has a brother in Kildare so it might be that they end up involved in whatever club he has links with?

• Advertisement

It would sicken my tonsils if moorefield buy these players because we all know how good they are with their cheque book . they are always paying top dollar for managers, sure they can go a little deeper to bring in players instead of investing the money into the youths or a home bred manager.
    moorefield would be the chelsea of kildare football always trying to buy success!! ( in fairness it has worked):)

I remember a fellow telling me before that a certain mr mcgeeny wanted 10k to play for a club in kildare . the club rejected him!

they are always paying top dollar for managers, sure they can go a little deeper to bring in players instead of investing the money into the youths or a home bred manager.
    moorefield would be the chelsea of kildare football always trying to buy success!! ( in fairness it was worked):)

I don't get the obsession with the outside manager in Kildare clubs, way too many cowboys doing the rounds. There are a small few who I would rate but clubs are paying top dollar for these guys. Moorefield achieved most when Sos was over them.

KfmSport ‏@KfmSport
    Hearing some tough decisions were made by Jason Ryan & his management team tonight #panel

Anyone know more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

BNMC wrote: »
    KfmSport ‏@KfmSport
    Hearing some tough decisions were made by Jason Ryan & his management team tonight #panel

Anyone know more?

A lot of lads that played against Carlow have been left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Royce McCutcheon

Red Crow wrote: »
    A lot of lads that played against Carlow have been left out.
    Any word on who exactly was left out?

Any word on who exactly was left out?

I hear rob kelly was dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

I believe the Kerry boys are living and working in Naas and looked to play with Raheens but were not impressed with the setup there.According to a Kerry friend of mine they are average club players but one of them did play with the Kerry minors. Also Cian O Neill was a factor in them going to the Moors. As regards the Moorfield Manager,he does not cost the Club anything as his EXPENSES are sponsored by the proprietor of a well known Moorfield pub. I am reliably told between €15000 to €20,000. Nice money if you can get it.

I'll never drink a pint in there again if that is where the money is going too. Pure poision.

lanomist wrote: »
    I believe the Kerry boys are living and working in Naas and looked to play with Raheens but were not impressed with the setup there.According to a Kerry friend of mine they are average club players but one of them did play with the Kerry minors. Also Cian O Neill was a factor in them going to the Moors. As regards the Moorfield Manager,he does not cost the Club anything as his EXPENSES are sponsored by the proprietor of a well known Moorfield pub. I am reliably told between €15000 to €20,000. Nice money if you can get it.

They're a bit better than average club players in fairness. Eanna wouldn't be a million miles off the Kerry panel if he stuck around and while Cian probably wouldn't be good enough for Kerry he's definitely a good club player.

• Advertisement

Kildare team to play UCD:

1. Shane Connolly - St Laurence's
    2. Mick O’Grady - Celbridge
    3. Mick Foley - Athy
    4. Hugh McGrillen - Celbridge
    5. David Hyland - Athy
    6. Fergal Conway - Celbridge
    7. Emmet Bolton - Eadestown
    8. Tommy Moolick - Leixlip
    9. Gary White - Sarsfields