Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

As a Mayo fan and not a ST holder if the game is in Newbridge i doubt ill get a ticket but so be it, fair play to Kildare,. Hope they dont back down on this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭tanko

How can Kildare say that Newbridge is capable of holding the crowd that will attend the game.
    Surely there will be at least 15,000 at it if its not all ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dollar bill

I hope Kildare,Cian O Neill and all the supporters show up in Newbridge Saturday night and await the offical fixture,Then take it to the Court of arbitration and hold up the championship.

Or...Bring 15 auld fellas up to Croker,Pull them out of the stand 1min before throw in with the Jerseys on over an auld pair of jeans and let the ref start the game.

How would SKY like showing 70 minutes of that??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

tanko wrote: »
    How can Kildare say that Newbridge is capable of holding the crowd that will attend the game.

What? Of course it will be all ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

That's not the point.

It is home draw against one of the two top teams in the country and they are entitled to have it in Newbridge, as per the draw.

And lest anyone accuse me of being hypocrite, I said same on Dublin thread about our game against Wicklow. And we had home game against the Cats in Parnell which hold approximately the same as Conleths, and thousands were turned away on the day, and others couldn't get their Parnell passes honoured for the stand.

There was always bound to be situations like this, so they can't keep moving the goalposts. Literally in this case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

You know when there is a shooting in a school in the US and people tweet things like "Thoughts and Prayers" and it all becomes a bit shallow ?

Well I hope this does not come across as some like that, but fair fcuks to ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭howiya

Fair play to Kildare. About time a county made a stand. Wicklow and Waterford should have done something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Can't get that to open/download.

Can someone post the text of what it says?

Please and thank you.

Much like the county grounds, the website capacity leaves a lot to be desired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

I hope Kildare,Cian O Neill and all the supporters show up in Newbridge Saturday night and await the offical fixture,

But the official fixture is in Croke Park. What's the point in awaiting it in Newbridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Not everyone gets an All Ireland Final ticket either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Powerhouse wrote: »
    But the official fixture is in Croke Park. What's the point in awaiting it in Newbridge?

Kildare were drawn to play at home thus they are going to turn up at their home stadium.

I don't get what part of this is confusing for you. It's really quite simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,499 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hope your CB hold firm on this one. Our own (Waterford) should have done the same this year in the hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Ehh because in simple terms the GAA have no right taking home advantage away from Kildare. Fair play to Kildare, hopefully more teams stand up to the bullies in the GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

What's the point in awaiting it in Newbridge?

The players will probably sign autographs. Put on a good training game as well. Should have the numbers for 15 on 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭doc_17

Donegal man here. Since the qualifiers/quarter finals were introduced Donegal have played Dublin 3 times in quarter finals and twice in semi finals. All matches played at CP. Now, I don’t mind the semis being played there. But 3 QFs between us and Dublin were played at CP. in 2002 the first game was a draw and the rematch was also at CP. Home venues matter. Home teams have an advantage. This is fact. Donegal should follow your lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I also really hope that Kildare stand their ground on this one. If they get shafted, they should take HQ and the Championship to the cleaners. WTF are the GAA thinking (apart from money and convenience.:rolleyes:) Its a home draw and as someone else said that was part of the Super 8s set up too. Are we to assume that this will happen at that stage of the Championship? Bollocks to it.:rolleyes:

Mokuba wrote: »

I don't get what part of this is confusing for you. .

The part where they know the match is not on there but they show up anyway. That makes no sense.

• Site Banned Posts: 7 Diesel Weasel

The part where they know the match is not on there but they show up anyway. That makes no sense.
    But Croke Park isn't Kildare's home ground. That makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Feargal McGill, is this your boards account?

Between this thread and the main AI one, give it a rest!

But Croke Park isn't Kildare's home ground. That makes no sense.

What said Croke Park is Kildare's home ground? Why the need to comment on that? They have been given a fixture for Croke Park on Saturday. If they intend to play it go to Croke Park. If they don't stay at home. Why go to a venue and tog out knowing their is not match on other than to give a few photographers a laugh?!

• Advertisement

John.Icy wrote: »
    Feargal McGill, is this your boards account?

Between this thread and the main AI one, give it a rest!

And you own name is?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I really hope Kildare stick to their guns and GAA has to back down.Its greed pure and simple.

All ticket game with 8500 capacity, if you cant get a ticket then thats unlucky. Not everyone can be looked after but its Kildares home game and they should have the right to get it.

• Site Banned Posts: 7 Diesel Weasel

What said Croke Park is Kildare's home ground? Why the need to comment on that? They have been given a fixture for Croke Park on Saturday. If they intend to play it go to Croke Park. If they don't stay at home. Why go to a venue and tog out knowing their is not match on other than to give a few photographers a laugh?!
    Why would Mayo go to a venue, tog out knowing there is no match and give a few photographers a laugh?

Rules are rules. The GAA can't be making it up as they go along.

Makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

No surrender:

1524226.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭munster87

Some things are hard to grasp. Such as there v their.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dollar bill

SKY TV had an input to this also

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

SKY TV had an input to this also

They should have absolutely no say whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The GAA will back down and the game will rightly be played in Newbridge. If they don't I'd expect groundbreaking stuff to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Kildare will be treated to a garbage bag full of popcorn money and the match will be played in Croker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Should be a big crowd in for the u17s on Wednesday off the back of this.

Advertisement