Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

FT: Moores 1-11 JTB 0-10

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Celbridge 0-14 Carbury 0-11 FT

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭KeefF

paulie21 wrote: »
    Celbridge 0-14 Carbury 0-11 FT

Great win - some good performances from Celbridge's county players but Shane Harte stole the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Éanna O'Connor is a serious addition to that Moorefield team.

Good win for Celbridge in Kilcock. If Paddy Brophy is back for the semi final they will be tough to beat.

Sarsfields v Maynooth today. This is an interesting one, while I think The Sash will win, I wouldn't be at all too shocked to see Maynooth win. Has the potential to be a high scoring game.

The Division 3 final is also on today, Nurney play Suncroft. Nurney to win that IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

After 10 mins sash 1-04 maynooth no score

20mins gone sarsfields 3-8 maynooth 0-02

Sarsfields are out of there skins

Sarsfields winning 3-13 to 0-4 at HT

Ht 3-13 to 0-04 sarsfields.

sarsfields looking shape and fast.
    Looking at them tonight they have improved leaps and bounds

SHC sfs:

Coill Dubh 0-20 Éire Óg Corra Choill 2-9 (FT)

Cill Droichid 0-9 Árd Cloch 0-5 (HT)

Coill Dubh well worth their win in the opener. Get the impression watching this one that Celbridge can kick it up another few gears if needs be but hoping that Ardclough can make a game of it in the second half.

That sounds like a real one sided affair Roy. I expected Maynooth to push Sarsfields all the way. Any players standing out?

• Advertisement

They're all playing well. Smithy and ray cahill are picking off some nice scores.
    alan scully making plenty of runs from the back.

There must be at least three or four minors in that Sarsfields 15. Very bright future ahead of them.

Ardclough back to within a point 10-9

Celbridge back ahead by 3

45mis sarsfields 3-18 to maynooth 0-07

Celbridge 1-16 Ardclough 0-11

About 10 minutes remaining

Celbridge 2-20 Ardclough 0-13

Celbridge v Coill Dubh just like 2005, 2009 and 2010. I would expect the same outcome as those 3 finals.

Full time 3-22 to 0-12 sarsfields.

Sarsfields brought on 4 of the younger lads early in the second half and unlucky not to get another goal only for the cross bar.
    the future is bright in newbridge for sure.

Full time 3-22 to 0-12 sarsfields.

Sarsfields brought on 4 of the younger lads early in the second half and unlucky not to get another goal only for the cross bar.
    the future is bright in newbridge for sure.

Nurney beat Suncroft 0-13 to 1-5 to win Division 3 title

• Advertisement

Moorefield 7/4
    Athy 9/4
    Sarsfields 3/1
    Celbridge 4/1
    Allenwood 25/1

Moorefield 7/4
    Athy 9/4
    Sarsfields 3/1
    Celbridge 4/1
    Allenwood 25/1[/QUOTE/]

Yeah it is very hard pick a winner at this stage and them odds pretty much reflect that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Just seen in the Mayo thread amongst their county board shambles that Barry Solan has joined them. Potentially a big loss as it seemed he had the players on the right track. Hopefully he is replaced with somebody decent and hopefully the players are kept away from the Herbalife rubbish.

That's a shame.

A big loss?

We were relegated and underwhelmed in the championship. I don't get the fascination with these guys. If this guy was brought in long term to get our lads in perfect shape why has he jumped ship to Mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Just seen in the Mayo thread amongst their county board shambles that Barry Solan has joined them. Potentially a big loss as it seemed he had the players on the right track. Hopefully he is replaced with somebody decent and hopefully the players are kept away from the Herbalife rubbish.

Im hoping that Kevin McStay is still sniffing around the Kildare job now that he has missed out on the Mayo one, would love to see him take over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I'm happier with the imperfect Jason Ryan for the moment and am still hopeful that Cian O'Neill will be the next in line if possible. Being involved in 5 all Ireland finals in 7 years in his various roles is some record coupled with the fact that it seemed that Fitzmaurice has made very little decisions on the line without consulting him.

paulie21 wrote: »
    Moorefield 7/4
    Athy 9/4
    Sarsfields 3/1
    Celbridge 4/1
    Allenwood 25/1[/QUOTE/]

Yeah it is very hard pick a winner at this stage and them odds pretty much reflect that
    Sarsfields are a great price from what I saw last weekend. I'll be having a bit of that please..]

Should be straightforward for Athy tonight unless Johnny Doyle produces some magic again.

• Advertisement

Think I'll head over to that. Might be a decent game.

Relegation Final - Ballymore v Leixlip also on tonight, I'll eat my hat if Ballymore win.

Advertisement