Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery usage versus iphone?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Lads anyone able to figure this one out... Sony Ericsson Xperia (2.2), 13 hours from unchanging to phone die.. And i didn't even use it popped it into the pocket went to work and it dies on the way home...

Its a smartphone, what do you expect? If you want 3+ days of battery life a Smartphone is not for you.

We've loads of smartphones here in work for development on and none of them last more than a day even when left on their own whether it be an iPhone 4, an SGS or a Blackberry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭eggy81

Hi.I'm newly registered to the forum but have been reading the Android section with interest the last month or so.great source of info.
    I have the desire hd and this thread has piqued my curiosity.its running sense,no custom roms or rooting and battery wise I'm happy with it.when I first got it at christmas I had that Android battery drain which had Android OS at 35% and was draining my battery in 4 or 5 hours with very little use.I got it sorted by uninstalling apps till I found shock one was causing it.
    Now from reading battery stats of others on here I see that a healthy system has Android OS at around 5% but mine dosent even appear on battery stats at all and in the manage apps section shows data at 0.I think I may have hit clear data at some stage.phone is working perfectly any way but wondering if this may be an issue at all.
    Sorry for the long winded post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

eggy81 wrote: »
    Hi.I'm newly registered to the forum but have been reading the Android section with interest the last month or so.great source of info.
    I have the desire hd and this thread has piqued my curiosity.its running sense,no custom roms or rooting and battery wise I'm happy with it.when I first got it at christmas I had that Android battery drain which had Android OS at 35% and was draining my battery in 4 or 5 hours with very little use.I got it sorted by uninstalling apps till I found shock one was causing it.
    Now from reading battery stats of others on here I see that a healthy system has Android OS at around 5% but mine dosent even appear on battery stats at all and in the manage apps section shows data at 0.I think I may have hit clear data at some stage.phone is working perfectly any way but wondering if this may be an issue at all.
    Sorry for the long winded post.

Yeah, am beginning to wonder how accurate those stats are at all. My SGS2 at the moment (with custom ROM and Ninpo kernel) says 29% Android OS -have gotten a full days use out of it. My Dad has an SGS and I was over upgrading it last night, it said his display was 84%, voice calls 8% and cell standby 8% and nothing else featured after about 14hrs use!

So in short I would take these numbers with a pinch of salt, except that if you do notice battery drain, Android OS is using a lot of battery and you've installed a new app - you may have your problem

Advertisement