Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 20, Stage 17: Gap - Pinerolo 179km

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I can't wait for tomorrow's stage > ednwireland post it up...............quick :D

sorry i was out on the bike after work - done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Watching the last 20k again tonight.
    Why didnt Andy work with Contador when AC made his digs?
    He had two oppurtunitys.
    If AS and AC got away, it would force Evans to chase them down, let Frank sit on his wheel ... if Evans gets back on then Frank goes, if its just AC and AS get away before the descent AC is isolated and Andy can play him,. Evans is a huge threat but no ones working him over...
    Armstrong often worked with a GC competitor on a single stage to finish off another GC competitor

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

He had two oppurtunitys.
    If AS and AC got away, it would force Evans to chase them down, let Frank sit on his wheel ... if Evans gets back on then Frank goes, if its just AC and AS get away before the descent AC is isolated and Andy can play him,. Evans is a huge threat but no ones working him over...
    Armstrong often worked with a GC competitor on a single stage to finish off another GC competitor

like the way contador teamed up with sanchez at the end today... was thinking that might be an interesting one for tomorrow. if the attacks start coming and they end up out front together i can see them working well together and taking a big chunk of time out of the others

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

He had two oppurtunitys.

cos frandy have a singular lack of tactical ability

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

He had two oppurtunitys.

Yeah or why didn't Andy attack AC after he slackened off, again I think Andy just takes too long to recover after an attack, it's hardly a lack of a racing brain :o, I guessing AC knows this and it will be highlighted tomorrow if he's on 'top' form.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

schlecks whining that no-one wants to see tdf s won on descents well frandy I DO

Well lads, I want to see the tour won by the person who cycles the entire race in the least amount of time.

Learn to descend for jaysus sake. I reckon Seán Kelly should become some sort of descending coach and make a few quid out of people like the Schlecks and Basso.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Learn to descend for jaysus sake. I reckon Seán Kelly should become some sort of descending coach .

A master-class in how to descend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

We saw a lot of this yesterday and again today

bettiniphoto_0086307_1_full_600.jpg

and I was trying to think what he reminded me of................

then I remembered!

ALIEN !
    Lifesize-Alien-Figures.jpg

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭TheNah

class...i enjoyed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

just after watchin todays stage , final climb to the end , fantastic stuff , Contadors attacks are lethal , fearless descender , great comeback by AS , cant wait for next stage !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

A master-class in how to descend biggrin.gif

Thanks Rob, that was class !! Although I'm not sure about teaching descsnding; you either have a pair or you don't ;-)

I reckon Bertie is a master of PR. At the start of the tour he was hated and now nearly everyone is behind the "underdog". And now I believe he has done his first interview of the year in english ? Pure genius.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

NickDrake wrote: »
    Harmon knows his stuff.

So why does he spend so little time talking about it?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

twas truely an eventful stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

Can they compete uphill - kinda: 7/10

I would give them a 7 here, because if they were a 9 they would have won alot more by now.

So we have:

Can they compete uphill - kinda: 7/10
    Can they compete downhill - no: 3/10
    Can they time-trial - no: 4/10
    Can they sprint - no: 1/10

How come they're GC contenders then? Andy only lost last year's TdF by a matter of seconds.

Advertisement