Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 20, Stage 17: Gap - Pinerolo 179km

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Yep, break caught, all that speculation out the window now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

RobFowl wrote: »
    Break caught

Here's some live SRM data (for Lumen and Beasty esp)

http://data.srmlive.de/TDF/

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

jeez its going to be a long day for Roche if hes been shelled albeit it only for a few moments.

His legs must be shot to pieces. Good chance he wont finish the tour this year me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

average speed so far today is 50km/hr... no wonder the breaks aren't getting away. pray for nico, its going to be a LONG 3 days for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Backed Cunego yesterday, I'm going to have to go with him again today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

• attack_32.png
    A new break has formed. Boassan Hagen is there again and he's been joined by Perez, Tjallingii, Fofonov, Muravyev, Amador, Paterski, Chavanel, El Fares, Casar, Bozic, Leukmans, Hivert and the bunch are 1:30 back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

New break.
    Ruben Perez Moreno
    Bauke Mollema
    Maarten TJallngii
    Dmitriy Fofonov
    Andry Amador
    Maciej Paterski
    Edvald Boassen Hagen
    Sylvain Chavanel
    Sandy Casar
    Julien El Fares
    Borut Bozic
    Bjorn Leukmans
    Johnathan Hivert

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Average speeds for yesterday were 46+ for the whole stage which is ludicrous when you look at the profile. It seems that for whatever reason breaks are going later and having to try harder to get away than is usual for this phase of the tour.

I wonder if that very aggressive riding and bump in avg speed is hurting some of the GC contenders more than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

RobFowl wrote: »

never looked at that before...was just wondering why El Fares was going 10km/hr faster than anyone else and then realised there had been a break! :D

Tiralongo has withdrawn from the race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Tiralongone?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

mahoo wrote: »
    never looked at that before...was just wondering why El Fares was going 10km/hr faster than anyone else and then realised there had been a break! :D

Like it when it looks like the riders have taken a shortcut on the course when the map isn't updating correctly, or when someone updates all of a sudden and moves about a mile up the road instantly catapult style!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

G'wan Nico!!!

He needed to go. Hoogerland on the chase

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Roche on the attack, go on boy!

Have to leave the house in a few minutes... Bloody hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Legs looked good there for nico..maybe a better few days in prospect...the little trio have gained almost a minute already...

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

Brilliant stuff,go nic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

De Weert is a place above Ag2r's top placed rider. Will Nico work with him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Sean Kelly cut off in mid-sentence there by the advertisments. Sloppy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

needs to get off the bike full stop. Was hoping for rain just to see him throw a hissy fit. HTFU slacks. Most boring sportsperson in the world award to the pair of them. Even make damon hill look like a fun fellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭youwhoglue

Peleton pulling Nico group back slowly on the downhill

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

youwhoglue wrote: »
    Peleton pulling Nico group back slowly on the downhill

I think he will blow up again on the next climb - just doesnt seem to have the legs this tour (most likely due to injury this season).

Hope he proves me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Just reading Roche's article on yesterday's stage. I had to laugh when I read this:
    Petacchi can't climb out of bed, so I knew I was in trouble

On reading the article, I was very impressed by his honesty. Really enjoying the Tour diary overall, if not Roche's actual Tour! On another topic, anyone thing this break will stay out? Casar and Chavanel are always good bets if they do manage it, but there'll surely be more GC contender attacks on the last climb, given the Schlecks kindly told the world they can't descend. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Good to see him out the front for a change.
    Go on Nico.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Roche is 3:54 down on the breakaway, peleton at 6:25.

EDIT: 3:33 down, C'mon Nico! Keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭youwhoglue

Pulling away from peleton on the way up to Sestriere. 4'30 down now

(3'54 now)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

They are making it happen now the 3 of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

closig the gap to the leaders, opening it to the peleton as well! keep it up!

Advertisement