Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

^ that zombie flashes when Shane died also ruined the shocker, they totally telegraphed that Shame was gonna go zombie and ruined the whole point of the event....meh!

What should have happened is Rck kills Shame, Carl points the gun....you see Shane behind Rick and boom, Carl shoots....but those idiot writers decided to ruin the potential shock value.

Didn't Randall already give it away? I don't think they played it for shock value, more to add to the drama.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Who died as a result of the bite?

Are you talking about Jim? He didnt die, he was dying and left on the side of the road.....

Also the "flashes"....... we saw with Jim who was alive (presumably to represent his zombiefication), we saw them with Shane too. Shane is dead. But clearly, his brain function is still alive (otherwise why would destroying the brain be the only way of killing them). So either the flashes are the writers attempts to symbolise turning or it's a literal image in their brain/subconscious. Alive or dead the brain will still be active. Which is based on Randall and Shane both "turning" after death.

dead, dying whatever. he got bitten and the last we saw him he was 2 inches from being dead. so biting still kills people.

and yes obviously that's what the flashes represent but the way they used them doesnt make sense. does it only start to happen after the body has died? because it happened for jim or whoever when all that was wrong with him was he was sick (sick after being bitten)
    so if they're all infected why does being bitten matter, does it act as a catalyst to trigger whatever dormant infection they all have? is it just poor writing? wizards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

tvnutz wrote: »
    They definitely went through trees anyway,not a sweep alongside the woods,they were going through it at one stage and then came out into an open field.

Yep look at the map..... they went in to the woods beside the barn walked through the left side of the woods and exited on the field to the left. Think of it another way - if you walk into the Phoenix Park at Park Gate Street and walk along the left and walk out of it on the Chapelizod road side.....you've covered a good walk and walked "through" the park but still end up probably only half a mile from where you started.

People are not thinking clearly on it, it's not a small forest you walk through A to B in and out...there's tons of ways in and out and through. They just swept 1 portion of it.

dead, dying whatever. he got bitten and the last we saw him he was 2 inches from being dead. so biting still kills people.

and yes obviously that's what the flashes represent but the way they used them doesnt make sense. does it only start to happen after the body has died? because it happened for jim or whoever when all that was wrong with him was he was sick (sick after being bitten)
    so if they're all infected why does being bitten matter, does it act as a catalyst to trigger whatever dormant infection they all have? is it just poor writing? wizards?

"dead, dying whatever....."

No it's very relevant. He wasnt "dying" he was in the process of turning.

Whereas with Amy, she was most definitely dying and died. The zombie bite/fever didnt kill her though, her neck being ripped to shreds by a zombie killed her.......blood loss.....

Also it took amy many hours to zombiefy.....whereas it took shane minutes. And Jenner did say between 3 mins - 8 hours.....

Effectively, the writers have done a great job of avoiding continuity errors and unlike Lost, which i was a fan of, they have mapped it out pretty well from day 1. Which of course is easier with a comic book source.

So the infection is in the air now? And when they die it's triggered?

• Advertisement

you're making an impressive effort at missing my point

why was jim turning
    if they are already infected why does being bitten matter? its like an hiv positive person freaking out because they shared an infected needle

So the infection is in the air now? And when they die it's triggered?

we dont know yet. But it's possible it was always airborne from day 1.....neither the characters (or us the viewers) have yet to see 1 person die naturally or otherwise and stick around for the consequences. So it may be that it has always been the case that it's airborne, they just havent figured it out yet.

Remember the Hanged zombie in episode 3? and Daryll says "dumbass didnt even know to shoot himself in the head"...... its a learning process for them all. they cant exactly google it for answers, they have to find things out as they go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

why was jim turning
    if they are already infected why does being bitten matter? its like an hiv positive person freaking out because they shared an infected needle

I agree with your view that being bitten leads to death; I am pretty sure this was implied early on

My recollection is a fever-like illness leading to death, indeed an example is Jenner's wife being monitored as she died slowly

why was jim turning
    You had 2 points (being bitten causing death - false) but I/we dont know the answer to your question yet.

But i would more liken it to an AIDS victim catching pneumonia. The AIDS doesnt kill them, it's usually an infection of some sort. I'm no biologist but i would imagine they will go down the line of bites/scratches accelerating the infection. It's obviously some sort of infection that needs a trigger to worsen.

Riskymove wrote: »
    I agree with your view that being bitten leads to death; I am pretty sure this was implied early on

My recollection is a fever-like illness leading to death, indeed an example is Jenner's wife being monitored as she died slowly

sorry - yeah you're correct, i thought he meant that the bite kills in itself, the fever accompanying the bite did kill Jenners wife and Morgans wife........

So bites accelerate the infection leading to death/turning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

So bites accelerate the infection leading to death/turning

well I suppose the question now is....
    can the infection naturally lead to death, just over a much longer time, without a bite?
    ...i.e.
    will everyone die of the infection eventually?
    or
    can they live normal lifespan into old age?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

If anyones interested heres and amazing trailer for next weeks episode....Looks absolutely amazing, gave me the shivers...CANT WAIT!:D:D:D
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/walking-dead-episode-213-season-finale.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

did they ever follow up the Shane banging Andrea story line ? or was it just once off sex

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I think it was part of the 'lets throw in loads of situations to fill in time never return to them again'.
    see also:

Morgan and his kid
    Catatonic daughter
    The signs of life that darryl found out in the woods
    merle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

retalivity wrote: »
    I think it was part of the 'lets throw in loads of situations to fill in time never return to them again'.
    see also:

Morgan and his kid
    Catatonic daughter
    merle

Oh ye! Completely forgot about that, oh i really hope we get to hear about what that was!
    Well I'd say morgan and his kid and merle will all return some time.

retalivity wrote: »
    see also:

Morgan and his kid
    Catatonic daughter
    merle

the 2nd one might be considered a filler but she was in shock, the other 3 are not.

Exec Producers have said they Morgan & Kid will both defo return in the future
    being dealt with it in the Finale
    4. Both Robert Kirkman and Norman Reedus have said
    merle will likely return at some point, not in a hallucination as before

I think people are forgetting that the entirety of season 2 takes place over 14 days. .....Merle at this point is only MIA 20 days and Morgan n Rick parted ways the day before.

It might take us half a year to see it but for the characters battling for survival its all happening in a whirlwind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Carol and Hershal die. Maybe Daryl too. Glen'll save maggie and look really heroic and stuff :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

well one guy was already bitten in the show and he died as a result of it.
    now maybe it's just an infection as a result of zombies lax hygeine regimen but the "get bit - die - zombie" connection is definitely there. might be they can cure it with a focused course of anti biotics but.. doubtful.

one thing that bothers me about it is when the guy got bit in s1 and was dying, we saw "flashes" much like we saw when shane was zombifying.. but the guy was still alive. if the bite doesn't turn you, this doesn't make any sense.
    now it's probably just an oversight on their part, or they just wanted to throw some cool imagery into the ep.. but doesnt really make sense

The human mouth is full of germs add the fact that its decomposing and the extent of the injury and you're gonna get a nasty infection that without treatment with antivirals can kill you .

As to the Zombie Flashes I always assumed this was the persons life flashing before their eyes as they die and being that they have lived with the threat of being eaten by zombies for the last few months they would be bound to feature quite heavily .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I think people are forgetting that the entirety of season 2 takes place over 14 days.

What?! It felt like months watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,644 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think people are forgetting that the entirety of season 2 takes place over 14 days. .....Merle at this point is only MIA 20 days and Morgan n Rick parted ways the day before.

It might take us half a year to see it but for the characters battling for survival its all happening in a whirlwind.

That would be better put across if the episodes started with a date flashing up to give context or a "Day one.....Day two....". The problem is that certain character developments are happening that our intuition tells us should take longer than fourteen days like Shane's transition from Rick's best friend to his rival in love, his nemesis, and a cold blooded killer as well as Glenn and whatshername falling in love, and Andrea going from suicidal to relatively fine within barely two weeks of the gruesome death of her sister who she was very close to.

• Advertisement

Newaglish wrote: »
    What?! It felt like months watching it.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Television_show_Timeline

That's the full timeline but yeah season 2 takes place over 2 weeks, ..... so i think people complaining about Merle and Morgan, have to be a little patient, they aren't fillers (nor are the central to the plot) and for the characters they have more important things to be dealing with right now than out looking for merle and morgan!!

briany wrote: »
    That would be better put across if the episodes started with a date flashing up to give context or a "Day one.....Day two....". The problem is that certain character developments are happening that our intuition tells us should take longer than fourteen days like Shane's transition from Rick's best friend to his rival in love, his nemesis, and a cold blooded killer as well as Glenn and whatshername falling in love, and Andrea going from suicidal to relatively fine within barely two weeks of the gruesome death of her sister who she was very close to.

in a post-apocalyptic world every day probably feels like a lifetime, living on your nerves wondering are you gonna make it through the day 'alive'......it's hard to know obviously lol but if it were me i'd probably do as Glenn/Maggie did and just find the nearest thing to a hot girl lol...... to be fair Glenn does say "how can she love me, she barely knows me"

Also im not sure how long Rick was in a coma, but Lori moved on pretty fast either which way.......i suppose its just human nature, with the world about to end would you accelerate your life, your emotions and reactions? probably....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Agree that they should let us know how little time has been spent on the farm from the characters perspective. For starters it would hopefully put and end to the criticism that people have that Rick is too slow to make brutally tough decisions, or even for not been more Shane like (i.e. psychopathic).

I have thoroughly enjoyed this season, more then the first. It's not a faultless show by any means, but a show that attracts such a nerdish and cine-literate audience is always going to be picked apart in ways that other shows aren't.
    we dont know yet. But it's possible it was always airborne from day 1.....neither the characters (or us the viewers) have yet to see 1 person die naturally or otherwise and stick around for the consequences.

I can't recall but did Rick shoot both those interlopers from the bar in the head? I presume he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

How did Carl know where Shane & Rick were and how did he reach them so quickly? Someone mentioned he had binoculars, I can't rememeber that?

Shane turns into a zombie only minutes after dying, the only time this has happened on the show?

Are we to believe that Carl's gunshot made zombies come their way, yet all the other gunshots on the farm didn't? Like the zombies in the barn mega shootout? And what about Rick/Shane's gunshot just a few minutes before Carl's?

It's just as well Hershel decided to move everyone into the house and barricade up the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

How did Carl know where Shane & Rick were and how did he reach them so quickly? Someone mentioned he had binoculars, I can't rememeber that?
    We saw him with binoculars at the window. It was a rather stupid place for Shane to do the deed alright but sure it was a nice dramatic setting. Apparently the fog was real, how lucky is that!?
    Shane turns into a zombie only minutes after dying, the only time this has happened on the show?
    Dramatic license, but I don't know ANY film/show that doesn't take license when it comes to timing coincidences. Also all other zombies transformations we have seen have come from deaths caused by been bitten, and we really don't know what the virus does to the brain in death. So not to sound too scientificy, maybe Shane was deader then others we have seen?
    Are we to believe that Carl's gunshot made zombies come their way, yet all the other gunshots on the farm didn't? Like the zombies in the barn mega shootout?
    From the opening scene I'd imagine a herd of zombies were passing the surrounding area.
    And what about Rick/Shane's gunshot just a few minutes before Carl's?
    I presumed it was Shane's shot that attracted them in the first place, and Carl's that let them hone in.

It's just as well Hershel decided to move everyone into the house and barricade up the house.
    Are you saying it was a coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Herschel barricaded them in because they (mistakenly) believed randall was loose with a gun.

we dont know how long rick was sitting beside shanes body. from the camera cutaway I assumed it was a decent enough length of time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I like this faster pace. Even though the plot holes get bigger, at least it's fun to watch. Hopefully the first half of season three won't be anything like the first half of this season.

I wonder did any of the little tiny scratches that Shane took have any contribution towards his aggressive behaviour and blood lust. As in a very slow onset of infection. There were a lot of close-up sequences in the last episode where he was panting in apparent blood lust. It was a bit weird.

The next episode will be so intense. How will Carl cope with being barricaded into the house? How will everyone contain him?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

what ya think of the turning into zombie flashes? that was wierd.

why would you have visions of zombies eating you, when turning into a zombie when that's not how you went.

Maybe they're trying to show the zombie genes eating the healthy living genes...?

I fail to see how its only 14 days since Carl has been shot. Like the little brat was on deaths door and now he's running around being annoying. Surely he'd need more time to recuperate.
    Also it seems to have gone from being scorching with them dripping sweat to them all wearing thermals and jackets.
    How long is it since the original outbreak?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

remind me

Advertisement