Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 16, Stage 14: Saint-Gaudens - Plateau de Beille 168km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Great Stuff love this !

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

contador barely hanging on... 3rd attack by andy. he's looking good today. is he softening everyone up for frank again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

Get in there Vockler!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Roche is gonna lose a large chunk of time!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

mahoo wrote: »
    is he softening everyone up for frank again?
    my thoughts exactly !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

Roche is gonna lose a large chunk of time!:(

And possibly his role as team leader?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

My guesses:
    A Schleck is gonna wear himself out. with these attacks. If frank schleck is there he'll launch an almighty but futile attack.
    Basso is pacing himself nicely. I think he'll win the stage. Evans for second. Contador to get dropped again.

God I would PUNCH one of those runners :mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

happytramp wrote: »
    And possibly his role as team leader?

Think he will be ok, depending on whether he keeps the wheels going. Riblon got sucked up by the group and spat out the back straight away.

lookign good for sanchez again. no one intersted in chasing him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

copacetic wrote: »
    Think he will be ok, depending on whether he keeps the wheels going. Riblon got sucked up by the group and spat out the back straight away.

Peraud could get the leadership since he's doing quite well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

This is f**king amazing.. look at voeckler!!!!!

This is f**king amazing.. look at voeckler!!!!!

he's marked everything. . he could go for it now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

WTF is Voekler on ??!!
    / cue drug scandal :pac:
    and WTF were the Schlecks at, they could have put some more time into their rivals :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭corny

WTF is Voekler on ??!!
    and WTF were the Schlecks at, they could have put some more time into their rivals :confused:

Andy finishes like a train but for the 2k before he spent his time looking around him. I hope neither of them win the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Oh dear God Voeckler is awesome.

Andy "o brother where art thou" needs to break that invisible cord !:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

WTF is Voekler on ??!!
    Those f***ing Schlecks are chicken s***s. They just cycle and hold hands all the way round, they talk the talk and never walk the walk, hope neither get near Yellow, the only yellow they have is the streak down their back. Go Cadel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

voeckler awesome
    if contador is carrying an injury that was a great ride

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Call the Tour off now, Give Tommy the win. Wow Really hope he keeps that. Contador is playing possum, he was class today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Voeckler! This has another scandal written all over it. How can he totally turn around his performances?

He would usually loose 3 or 4 mins at least in these stages. I cannot understand it. Does not make any sense that he could totally change the way he rides.

I think it is pretty disgraceful to be honest.

Rasmussen all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭corny

Poor Nico completely cracked. Peraud will move ahead in GC and is a decent TT rider. Dupont will work for him in the Alps.

Yellow Jersey can do wonders for people.

Nico done well today tbh, Was dropped and got back on, gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

dedon wrote: »
    Voeckler! This has another scandal written all over it. How can he totally turn around his performances?

He would usually loose 3 or 4 mins at least in these stages. I cannot understand it. Does not make any sense that he could totally change the way he rides.

He kept the yellow jersey for ages when he had it in 2004. Hushovd climbed much better than he usually would when he had it on. Voeckler is a French man in the yellow jersey.He's probably riding way past his threshold atm.

Also,take into account that in other tours, he'd be trying to go on attacks every other day. He's been able to keep himself fresher with that, and his whole team are doing a great job

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Agree - hope anyone bar the schleks wins the tour. Absolutely sick of them - so negative and non stop looking around

dedon wrote: »

for feck sake. give the man some credit. he's in great form. maybe the others aren't in the best of form and it allowed him to hang on where he normally wouldn't have. if it was the contador of last year, sure, he might have lost 4mins. the yellow jersey makes everyone lift their game anyway. look at thor earlier in the race. thomas voekler = legend. fact

Edit: forgot to say.. rolland has done an amazing job for him in the mountains too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

AG2R wrote: »
    Nico done well today tbh, Was dropped and got back on, gutted.

It is did well by the way. Not done.

He had a shocker today and is probably still on the road

titan18 wrote: »
    He kept the yellow jersey for ages when he had it in 2004. Hushovd climbed much better than he usually would when he had it on. Voeckler is a French man in the yellow jersey.He's probably riding way past his threshold atm.

+1
    Was a stupid comment tbh. A rider does well and he gets accused of drugs. A french man who has had the jersey for 4 days is definitely going kill himself to hold onto it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

roche 33rd 6 mins 47s down

Advertisement