Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - add phone for 25 cent and up download speed to 25MB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,779 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

groom wrote: »
    Mine is €30.75 for the 12MB BB. Now I have 25MB BB and phone

and as far as you are concerned you are still paying 30.75? including the speed bump, but you have no tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Cyrus wrote: »
    and as far as you are concerned you are still paying 30.75? including the speed bump, but you have no tv

see post 29

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The 50Mb is the same if you're on 30Mb already - I upped and my bill reduced

from €42+€7.75 standalone charge for 30Mb
    to €47 for 50Mb and the phone with freetime world (offpeak calls to landlines in twentysomething countries)

I think their rationale is that you will probably use the phone a lot more for domestic mobiles etc and they will make ridiculous money off you that way. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

can everyone who got it please state what their monthly bill is now (excl sky sports or any other add ons)

Mine is 60 a month for 25mb BB, phone and digital tv

normal price for months now, so i dont see any special deal here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Only for new customers. Old Customers would have been paying 60ish for TV + BB alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

sdeire wrote: »
    The 50Mb is the same if you're on 30Mb already - I upped and my bill reduced

from €42+€7.75 standalone charge for 30Mb
    to €47 for 50Mb and the phone with freetime world (offpeak calls to landlines in twentysomething countries)

I think their rationale is that you will probably use the phone a lot more for domestic mobiles etc and they will make ridiculous money off you that way. ;)

What is the 7.75 standalone charge for?
    I have 30MB BB, phone and tv with them. I filled out the online form yesterday for the 25c a month phone package but haven't heard from them yet.

thats why i want to know if anyone has the same package and is paying less...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If we signed up for 25meg only today could we then add this deal to it? (making it 35.25)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

.. what speed is that net? you might be paying too much

I got a letter from them some months ago saying it was bumped up to 30MB... i've been thinking about moving the tv connection to Sky if I can save a few quid that way, they've got some good deals on.

thats why i want to know if anyone has the same package and is paying less...
    Existing customers who joined before the telephone was available could be paying 60ish for TV + BB alone on their package where as new customers can get all three for 60. So with this offer, existing customers, without telephone already, would essentially be getting the same deal as new customers .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

What is the 7.75 standalone charge for?
    I have 30MB BB, phone and tv with them. I filled out the online form yesterday for the 25c a month phone package but haven't heard from them yet.

It's a charge for having only broadband, with no other service. I'm not sure if it also applies to people who have only TV, or only phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭dubrov

I signed up on Thursday and was on the Digital Value/Digital+ and 5Mb Broadband package. The broadband has been upgraded a few times over the last year and was at 12Mb before I tried for the upgrade.

I jsut tested it there this morning and I am now on 25Mb broadband. I assume the phone is enabled as well but I haven't tested it yet

I was paying €48.75 a month so we'll see how much the next bill is for?

One of the key lines is in the deal is
    "This would normally cost €14 extra a month"
    Looking at their bundles for new customers, it is €60 for this package so not far off the €14 Euro. So I'm hopeful this is a genuine offer

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

Just so people know it isnt unlimited calls its 400 mins pre month in total. Found out the hard way.

knipper wrote: »
    Just so people know it isnt unlimited calls its world unlimited?0 mins pre month in total. Found out the hard way.

Is anytime wo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I've currently got the bundle with 50MB do i qualify?

By the way i just want the phone upgrade, i dont want to go from 50MB to 100MB, is this possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

yea anytime world

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Anyone got a bill yet since this upgrade?

Ours was just issued today and we've been charged €16.40 for the phone service.
    Previously we were on tv+bb.

The total bill is €17.85 more that the previous month. It should have been 25cent more as per this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭dubrov

I got the same extra charge.

I've sent them a mail asking them to correct the price or downgrade me back to what I was on.

It looks liek the deal was probably designed for people on really old packages.

this isnt for everyone, its only for people who are on certain BB packages and are paying near 60 as it is for tv & BB,

i know, ive tried

if you didnt get a flier, you dont get the deal

i did say this folks no one wanted to listen tho

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

dubrov wrote: »
    I got the same extra charge.

I've sent them a mail asking them to correct the price or downgrade me back to what I was on.

It looks liek the deal was probably designed for people on really old packages.

Did you get this sorted, any reply from them?

Just got my phone today....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I am currently paying €65. €31 for the TV and €34 (20mb) for the broadband.

Got a letter yesterday that from Sept I will be charged €35 for the broadband and the speed will be increased to 25mb.

If I take phone for 25 cents then the total in Sept will be €66.25.

I gave a call to the customer loyalty dept today and they straight away put me to the new customer €65 all in one package. Includes Digital Select+ , 25mb broadband and phone. So that's a saving of €1.25 and a free phone. Not bad. :)

PS - They change a once off fee of €15 for the phone set but that will be your property. Although I have seen the phone the quality is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

So I got today

37 Euro for 12Mbit BB (Which is going to 20Mbit in 2 weeks) + Phone + Anytime world.

Sweet. There seems to be only one department in UPC that knows whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

i availed of this deal but my bill has gone from 92.00 to 115.98 - i wouldnt have bothered only for the fact that it was cheap as i dont need the extra speed - anyone get a breakdown of the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Sligored wrote: »
    i availed of this deal but my bill has gone from 92.00 to 115.98 - i wouldnt have bothered only for the fact that it was cheap as i dont need the extra speed - anyone get a breakdown of the difference?

I have been in touch with them for the last 3 weeks on this - I know it has been said before but their customer service really is sh*t!

Lads, get on to eddie hobbs and his consumer show on RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Paulo_B

I signed up to this offer as well.My Bill went from €61 a month to €151.I was charged twice for installation as well as a full charge for the phone service and additional broadband.Been ringing UPC for 2 weeks now trying to get it sorted and getting nowhere. Been promised a call back every time i ring and am still waiting on someone to call me.Worst ever customer service.:mad:

Im calling them for 5 weeks now. Blue in the face

I got some resolution on this. I rang 1908 and asked to be put through to the Cancellations Dept. They hung up on me the first attempt. 2nd attempt the guy didn't give in straight away but pretty easily said he'd give me a total reduction of €11pm off my bill for 12 months. He said I should call back in 12 months to try get the same again. End result for me is that I'll be paying exactly what I initially would have expected and I'm getting a credit for the excess amount I was forced to pay in my last bill.

Just before I had this breakthrough I had received a very quick and interested response from the National Consumer Agency about the matter. So if my solution above doesn't work then get onto them. PM me for the Case# they gave me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

my bill went from 41.75 (34 for 20 meg +7.75 standalone) to 42.48
    (i have no idea how do they came with that amount, bill is three pages long and includes few disconnections & phone packs and bundles)

by the look of it it seems that they want to charge me 77.25 in september, contacted them a week ago and received this:

"Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that I have escalated your issue to our Sales
    Department and they will contact you regarding this. "

so far nothing else...

from the other hand, had technician to look at my modem today, brilliant lad, fixed everything (few meters of line + replaced modem) in no time...

if only their sales\accounting department were so good...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I know this is a very old thread but my query is directly related.

I took this deal in July 2011. Previously, my last change of service was sometime 2010 when I got Digital + HD.

I'm trying to cancel my TV service but UPC are saying that I signed up to another 12 month contract by taking the phone service. I dispute this as I read the T'S & C's at the time and am pretty sure that this was not the case. Unfortunately, the landing page has been removed.

Has anyone else been put into a further 12 month contract by talking this Loyalty deal?

* I wouldn't mind too much, but I never even used the phone service. Never even connected up a phone to the port to even test it. :(

Advertisement