Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - add phone for 25 cent and up download speed to 25MB

Options
  • 13-07-2011 10:55am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

As a loyal customer, we’d like to reward you with a special bundle which includes free off peak local, national and international calls and super fast Broadband speeds for just 25c extra a month. This would normally cost €14 extra a month. What’s more connection is free and you’ll continue to enjoy the same great TV service and features.

Expires July 31st
    Terms and Conditions:
    This special reward includes an upgrade to UPC’s Home Phone service with Freetime World and an upgrade of your Fibre Power Broadband service to 25Mb and is subject to these terms and conditions. The normal extra monthly amount shown is based on UPC list prices which you would pay if you did not avail of this special bundle offering. Reward available until 31 July 2011. Double your speed for €5 extra a month refers to increasing your broadband speed from 25Mb to 50Mb. To increase your speed from 25Mb to 100Mb is an additional €15 a month and to increase your speed from 50Mb to 100Mb is an additional €10 a month. Existing broadband customers will be required to swap out their modem to avail of the higher broadband speeds of 50Mb and 100Mb. The UPC Fibre Power Broadband 50Mb and 100Mb services are only available to enabled homes. As part of this special reward connection is free.

Thread from broadband forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

This thread is nearly active an hour and theres been no upc bashing WOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Bazzy wrote: »
    This thread is nearly active an hour and theres been no upc bashing WOW

Given the alternative is Rupert Murdoch, UPC are a fluffy puppy* in comparison.

*Pup may disobey commands and sh1t all over your broadband speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

What if you have the phone & calls deal already? Will they discount your subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I'm signing up for 12MB broadband on it's own today (just coincidental). I wonder is there a minimum time you must with UPC or will I be able to take up the offer? Worth a try anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,767 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

this isnt for everyone, its only for people who are on certain BB packages and are paying near 60 as it is for tv & BB,

i know, ive tried

if you didnt get a flier, you dont get the deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

We didnt get the flier, however applied and have now been upgraded.

Previously was on 20Mb BB + TV.

im guessing that you were prob paying around 60 a month anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭scorn

When accepting the new deal do they make you sign up again for 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

If you're on the 10Mb BB would you have to upgrade to the 25Mb package? (and thus be chaged for that)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

If you're on the 10Mb BB would you have to upgrade to the 25Mb package? (and thus be chaged for that)

I'm on 10mb (upgraded twice from 5mb) and call centre told me today I'd been upgraded to to 20mb this week or will be but moving up to 25mb would cost another c.€10 per week so clear as mud really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

groom wrote: »
    I'm on 10mb (upgraded twice from 5mb) and call centre told me today I'd been upgraded to to 20mb this week or will be but moving up to 25mb would cost another c.€10 per week so clear as mud really
    Were you talking to them about this offer? On the offer page you have to increase your broadband speed tp 25Mb as well, and I am wondering if that's the catch. You get the phone for 25c, but you have to pay extra for the 25Mb package - if you're not already on it (or higher) I assume. Can somebody clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I'm on 20 meg broadband. I don't have a phone or tv I have sky, is UPC better or cheaper than sky hd for the sports/full channels?how much would it cost me to get the 100 meg and tv a month on this deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,989 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I have the phone service from UPC nearly a year now and the quality is excellent. I can make UNLIMITED anytime landline calls to any civilised country in the world (US, UK, Australia, France, Germany, most of the rest of the old EU) absolutely for free!

I upgraded to the HD full service (for €5 more per month than I was paying for the more basic non-HD channel choice). The phone service was added for free (I pay nothing extra per month) and a cordless phone was added for free too

Recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

I hate it when people spew rubbish as if it were fact.
    I got the deal, was on 20MB broadband only and was not paying anywhere near €60.

Cyrus wrote: »
    this isnt for everyone, its only for people who are on certain BB packages and are paying near 60 as it is for tv & BB,

i know, ive tried

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

scorn wrote: »

Probably, this is the main reason I can see for the offer. That and probably hoping to get some extra revenue for out of bundle calls.

I rang them about this deal. The link says nothing about what package you need to be on but there seems to have been some literature sent out to certain packages

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

so you were paying 57, how much are you paying now?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

scorn wrote: »

Looks like it according to the T&C's:

...Subject to a minimum contract period of twelve months for all services. A cancellation fee will apply should you cancel your service during the first twelve months.

I'm on BB+TV for a few years now, for which they charge me 61.70 every month. I would like to get the phone service, but I'm not keen on signing into a contract.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

all their deals have contracts.

its not like yer gonna get a better deal from another company in 12 months!
    what speed is that net? you might be paying too much

HappyHarry wrote: »
    I hate it when people spew rubbish as if it were fact.
    I got the deal, was on 20MB broadband only and was not paying anywhere near €60.

i know, ive tried

I'm posting my own personal experience and what UPC told me

What is your monthly charge now and what package are you on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

What about people who just have tv pacakges? Would they need to add a BB package first? Wording is vague

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Are UPC not on boards? There is too much confusion about this we need someone to come on and explain

fox007 wrote: »
    Are UPC not on boards? There is too much confusion about this we need someone to come on and explain

a response from happyharry would help figure out whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

So I rang them up. The staff haven't got a clue about the deal. Then I was talking to someone who said I would have to apply online for that and that they would ring me back (some other department). I asked could I be patched through to that department and was told that she didn't know who they were. I am on the 12Mbit BB deal. I pay 25 Euro a month and a 7.75 standalone charge. So if I upgrade to this deal then I should get 25Mbit BB and homephone for 33 Euro a month or will it now be 25.25 as I shouldn't have to pay the standalone charge then ?

rom wrote: »
    So I rang them up. The staff haven't got a clue about the deal. Then I was talking to someone who said I would have to apply online for that and that they would ring me back (some other department). I asked could I be patched through to that department and was told that she didn't know who they were. I am on the 12Mbit BB deal. I pay 25 Euro a month and a 7.75 standalone charge. So if I upgrade to this deal then I should get 25Mbit BB and homephone for 33 Euro a month or will it now be 25.25 as I shouldn't have to pay the standalone charge then ?

if you read the very top bit it is clear that this is aimed at people with TV and BB.

obviously what this is, is an upgrade for people on older expensive BB packages who are nearly paying as much as what the newer faster bundles are being sold to new customers for,

they have made a pigs ear of the marketing of this tho

if you read the very top bit it is clear that this is aimed at people with TV and BB.

obviously what this is, is an upgrade for people on older expensive BB packages who are nearly paying as much as what the newer faster bundles are being sold to new customers for,

they have made a pigs ear of the marketing of this tho

Nothing about this is clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

is the 25c only for length of contract or indefinetly?

So I have been bumped up to 25mb since yesterday. Did a speedtest to confirm. I have a bad feeling though that there is some information vacuum in UPC about this and I'm going to see a bump in my bill.

Nobody in support can verify anything. MyUPC shows that I'm signed up to 25mb fibre BB where yesterday it said 5mb the original speed I signed up at despite several free upgrades

can everyone who got it please state what their monthly bill is now (excl sky sports or any other add ons)

Mine is 60 a month for 25mb BB, phone and digital tv

• Advertisement

Mine is €30.75 for the 12MB BB. Now I have 25MB BB and phone

Advertisement