Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Market in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Very few new detached houses in particular available.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Muttley79

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z4qVKvfr_kMwX0RN4TU9qo0aOsnlqfFB/view?usp=drivesdk
    Waterford to hit 10% rise next year.nearly double of most counties in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Muttley79 wrote: »
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z4qVKvfr_kMwX0RN4TU9qo0aOsnlqfFB/view?usp=drivesdk
    Waterford to hit 10% rise next year.nearly double of most counties in Ireland.

Not working for me:
    You need permission

Want in? Ask for access, or switch to an account with permission. Learn more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Muttley79 wrote: »
    Housing development is still very slow around waterford.dublin cork and Limerick are building a lot of properties.will Waterford ever get back to the good times again?
    Lots of planning permission going in around kilbarry and carrickpherish to build housing estates lately so that may change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Azatadine wrote: »
    Very few new detached houses in particular available.

Detached houses are expensive and inefficient as far as the construction companies are concerned so expensive is the price of planned land and financing. Blocks and short terraces are increasingly where it's at for them. Kill St Lawrence has detached home under construction right now but they're not cheap at all - nearly 300k for 3 bed and the borrowing limits are such that few people on a standard wage can get that kind of mortgage anyway.

• Advertisement

Lots of planning permission going in around kilbarry and carrickpherish to build housing estates lately so that may change.

I notice plenty of recent construction around Carrickpherish alright. How will they manage to get our 'friends' off the land?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I notice plenty of recent construction around Carrickpherish alright. How will they manage to get our 'friends' off the land?

Theres are least 3 different halting sites there at the moment... 2 chemical plants a couple of semi ghost estates... no-one will be paying top dollar for Carrickpherish road, so I imagine it will all be social housing up there. Which is needed to be fair.

Why have they got so many halting sites up there though? Very high concentration. At least one site is just an area that they just took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Kill St Lawrence has detached home under construction right now but they're not cheap at all - nearly 300k for 3 bed

€285K detached 4bed:
    https://www.daft.ie/11967535

Let's be honest the 4th bedroom is probably a box room :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Asset price inflation is good for the economy, particularly house price inflation, as the wealth created, trickles down!

The only thing that trickles down is yellow and smells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Let's be honest the 4th bedroom is probably a box room :D

Big houses on small plots. No 'breathing space' around them and poor light. Very typical - so go ahead - 'vote' for poor housing with yesterdays money (your savings), todays money (your wages) and tomorrows money (your mortgage).

Why have they got so many halting sites up there though? Very high concentration. At least one site is just an area that they just took over.

Yes, one official site and one area opposite blackberry fields where they have just taken over.. but there's another enclosure next to the main site or near to it on the same side a little further on and its hard to tell whether it was built for them and segregated for their use, or built for some other purpose and invaded.

Pretty bad to have such high concentration of them together. It's a pity because the Gaelscoil and Sanofi/West Pharma look good and then those crowds have the to whole middle section of that road taken over. The horses are always loose too (what a life those poor horses have...).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

The building has started behind Musgraves at 6 cross roads Business Park.

Davy Flynn is supposed to be building 100 houses and a nursing home on that site, the next phase will be released soon of Foxwood on the Kilbarry Road, nice houses to a nice spec,

But the prices in Kill St Lawerence seem to be a bit mad, 300 for a 4 bed?? The demand must be there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

The building has started behind Musgraves at 6 cross roads Business Park.

Davy Flynn is supposed to be building 100 houses and a nursing home on that site, the next phase will be released soon of Foxwood on the Kilbarry Road, nice houses to a nice spec,

But the prices in Kill St Lawerence seem to be a bit mad, 300 for a 4 bed?? The demand must be there!!!

Bananas stuff. Far better value in some second-hand houses.

7upfree wrote: »
    Bananas stuff. Far better value in some second-hand houses.

The next phase in FoxWood are starting at 235k I believe, well there;s one on sale on daft for 235 the prices just keep going up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The next phase in FoxWood are starting at 235k I believe, well there;s one on sale on daft for 235 the prices just keep going up!!!

ever rising house prices are good though, arent they?

ever rising house prices are good though, arent they?

Ha is that a trick question?? statement???

Equity is king! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

With another recession on the way it'd be wise to hold off buying anything for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Can never recall a wood or a fox on that land ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Hoffmans wrote: »

And on that note... Used there be a wood at the woodlands?

After anyone answers that I've a follow up question about the brass cock...

kuang1 wrote: »

Well that ones an easy one... take a look at the top of the tower of the old church next to the Brass cock and tell me what you see...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Well that ones an easy one... take a look at the top of the tower of the old church next to the Brass cock and tell me what you see...

Whooosh!

Hoffmans wrote: »

Im sure over the course of history there was a few trees and a few foxes passing by on there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

kuang1 wrote: »

Woodlands is named after the woods that's at the end of ballinakill downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭hardybuck

With another recession on the way it'd be wise to hold off buying anything for a while.

I'd tend to agree with you, but many of these houses aren't selling for far above what they actually cost to build.

If I needed a house, or if I needed a bigger house, I wouldn't hold off waiting for the next recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

hardybuck wrote: »
    I'd tend to agree with you, but many of these houses aren't selling for far above what they actually cost to build.

If I needed a house, or if I needed a bigger house, I wouldn't hold off waiting for the next recession.

recessions come and go, the only thing is, their timing cant be accurately predicted, theres no right time to buy a home, just do your homework, and hope for the best, but be aware, theres a very high chance there will be a recession at some point during your mortgage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭hardybuck

recessions come and go, the only thing is, their timing cant be accurately predicted, theres no right time to buy a home, just do your homework, and hope for the best, but be aware, theres a very high chance there will be a recession at some point during your mortgage.

Absolutely, and over the long term, property is normally the highest performing asset for investors, but if you can afford to buy the home you like you probably should go ahead and do it.

Advertisement