Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

naughto wrote: »
    this is some goal in fairness

mayogoal1.gif

I missed the 7 o'clock bus from dublin and missed the minor game. Had to listen to it on the radio. Raging I couldn't make it, sounded like a great game.

Anyone know where there might be highlights online?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Great finishes but ice cream soft defending by us. Mayo have clearly been working on scoring goals all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

balls on that any way clark is an unreal keeper,not gone on Hennelly.

this is some goal in fairness

mayogoal1.gif
    Wouldn't know who could eventually end up on the bench as keeper at this stage. Clarke huge loss, very consistent in all aspects of goalkeeping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

When Hennelly was in goal a couple of years back, where was Clarke then? Was he injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Wouldn't know who could eventually end up on the bench as keeper at this stage.

Jesus, at this rate, we could be looking at Mick Webb!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Ballintubber's club goalie was the sub keeper for the Connaught Final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Clarke a loss but If you can bring in a goalkeeper that was first choice two years ago and still very young it's not a bad position to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

When Hennelly was in goal a couple of years back, where was Clarke then? Was he injured?
    Hennelly kept him out of the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Hennelly reminds me of the other bleached head fella that horan droped from the panel.I just hope he has matured enough as he was all over the place them,he could do any thing when the ball came in.

Hennelly reminds me of the other bleached head fella that horan droped from the panel.I just hope he has matured enough as he was all over the place them,he could do any thing when the ball came in.
    Hennelly is a cracking keeper, but I agree he did lack maturity, especially under the high ball.

I have a feeling the new square ball rule may not suit his style....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,423 ✭✭✭irishgeo

have to laugh at the richie feeney rumours.

he had a right ding dong in the cork game with canty but they were both at it.

Thats what I thought alright. In that case, Clarke's absence shouldnt be a big deal. Ye should be thankful that ye have a 3rd choice keeper with that kind of experience to come in...

Thats what I thought alright. In that case, Clarke's absence shouldnt be a big deal. Ye should be thankful that ye have a 3rd choice keeper with that kind of experience to come in...
    i never said he wasent a good keeper its just the things he does or did that drove people mad.

i never said he wasent a good keeper its just the things he does or did that drove people mad.

Like what?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Like what?

Like on Sunday when he came out to tackle a London lad 18 yards from goal when he should NEVER had been there and 2 defenders and 2 forwards behind him.
    Erratic and doesn't know how to make himself "big".

More of a popstar than a solid keeper.

Like what?
    stupid things coming for the ball when he shoulent
    taking the wrong option when taking the kick outs
    punching the ball away when he should be catching it

looking for headlines in the paper the next day

sliping on his ass taking the frees

i hope he has matured and playes very well for us but clarke and o malley are miles ahead of him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

yop wrote: »
    Like on Sunday when he came out to tackle a London lad 18 yards from goal when he should NEVER had been there and 2 defenders and 2 forwards behind him.
    Erratic and doesn't know how to make himself "big".

More of a popstar than a solid keeper.

He did the right thing, even if the proto body block was a borderline penalty decision. It was an easy goal for London otherwise, you're remembering the chance all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Not sure about doing the right thing. It should have been a penalty the ref missed it and he got lucky.

Did Hennelly once appear on a dating show on TV3 or was I dreaming??

You werent dreaming :P

I dont care what he does off the pitch.. sure look at Paul Galvin, biggest quare goin off the pitch, great footballer though!

• Advertisement

That would be a pretty weird dream!

Eamon Fennell of Dublin appeared on a dating show too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

London ran out of steam in the end but it's another example this year of a team taking a trimming off us and doing much better afterwards. They were far better than I expected today, even without the 'sympathy' reffing they enjoyed courtesy of Conor Lane last Sunday. If they had been at this level in 2010 back when we weren't at the races and went out early they could well have gone close to winning Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

London at least showed their competitiveness today. Only for a few casual unforced errors by Mayo last week allowed them in for any real chances of note. Unfortunately that extra 20% fitness gained by playing a number of proper games stood for Cavan today. I know everyone will want Cavan in the quarters after that display but Id nearly prefer us to get our first proper test against the likes of Cork, Donegal, Tyrone next week provided they get through of course..

iam looking for us to get meath,as i see them beating tyrone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Yet again it appears that other so called stronger teams have struggled to beat the teams we overcame in the Connaught championship.London gave a good account of themselves,ran out of steam.Mind you I did not think the standard of football on display was very high. Hoping for a victory for the Tribesmen now.

would have nothnng to be worried about if we get cork or cavan based on what we seen so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

would have nothnng to be worried about if we get cork or cavan based on what we seen so far

and vice versa, all Cork supporters would love to get Mayo in the draw tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Oh I'd still fear Cork as big challenge if they play their right team that is. Couldn't believe the likes of Kelly and Kerrigan started on bench

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Yeah Cork were'nt very impressive tonight but always capable of a big performance.Not overly impressed with Cavan either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

London ran out of steam in the end but it's another example this year of a team taking a trimming off us and doing much better afterwards. They were far better than I expected today, even without the 'sympathy' reffing they enjoyed courtesy of Conor Lane last Sunday. If they had been at this level in 2010 back when we weren't at the races and went out early they could well have gone close to winning Connacht.

And another example of the same thing from Galway this time. All other Connacht teams now out but not without making an impression on the championship.

Mayo would take a Cork team playing like that easily, but if Cork decide to get interested they are capable of so much more. For that reason they'd still be a very difficult proposition if we got them in the quarters. Galway on the other hand would have been easy pickings again if they'd sneaked through and we drew them. Unfortunately not to be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement