Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Only a match, no medals for the first round, real medals for winners of all Ireland's

True and we have those too to include with the salthill whitewash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

yop wrote: »
    True and we have those too to include with the salthill whitewash.

Don't think so!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Don't think so!

Yip, AI medals in Mayo, along with the whitewash result and the minor win. A lot of Galway boys still keeping the heads down. Rightly so.

Yip, AI medals in Mayo, along with the whitewash result and the minor win. A lot of Galway boys still keeping the heads down. Rightly so.

I've supported mayo every time they have got out of Connacht and I even went to an all Ireland in the recent past they played in (whitewash is the word to describe it). But the arrogance on this forum over a first round win and the upcoming connacht final is ott, maybe if mayo supporters showed less arrogance every year they would give their team a better chance of winning an all Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

I've supported mayo every time they have got out of Connacht and I even went to an all Ireland in the recent past they played in (whitewash is the word to describe it). But the arrogance on this forum over a first round win and the upcoming connacht final is ott, maybe if mayo supporters showed less arrogance every year they would give their team a better chance of winning an all Ireland!

We're only arrogant Charlie when we get Galway supporters in here trying to wind us up!

• Advertisement

You support Mayo..... do you want us to go through your posts to prove this point or will you just owe up to been a bitter Galway person?

Less arrogance wins AI? Thats a new one on me.

I see the Galway thread is still missing a post from you.

Still enjoying our whitewash in Salthill here, and will continue to for many a year.

You support Mayo..... do you want us to go through your posts to prove this point or will you just owe up to been a bitter Galway person?

Less arrogance wins AI? Thats a new one on me.

I see the Galway thread is still missing a post from you.

Still enjoying our whitewash in Salthill here, and will continue to for many a year.

Whatever floats your boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

If you're basing that opinion and changing you're view of Mayo support/opinion by a few posts on an internet forum; that shows what trolling you're doing to the thread firstly and secondly you haven't a clue of the view majority Mayo supporters have on their senior county team. After witnessing losing 3 AI's since Galway last won a game outside Connacht (19 years) we've alot more credibility than you imagine

Fowler87 wrote: »
    If you're basing that opinion and changing you're view of Mayo support/opinion by a few posts on an internet forum; that shows what trolling you're doing to the thread firstly and secondly you haven't a clue of the view majority Mayo supporters have on their senior county team. After witnessing losing 3 AI's since Galway last won a game outside Connacht (19 years) we've alot more credibility than you imagine

19 years? We won two all Ireland titles in the last 15

Whatever floats your boat!

Galway lads trolling floats our boat on here, especially when their credibility is eroded post by post.

Anyway, time to ignore the troll, any word on COC or Varley in the last week or 2?
    Clarke is out for a while also?

Really looking forward to the Connacht final now, minor game should be a cracker and Rossies always seem to have a good underage structure and produce good teams.

The odds on Mayo to win is nuts! As long odds I have ever seen us.

• Advertisement

19 years? We won two all Ireland titles in the last 15

Apologises what is it.. 12 years and was happy to see it at the time

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Apologises what is it.. 12 years and was happy to see it at the time

Apologies accepted and I wont mention yer 51 year all Ireland drought! Yop could you please ban me, I can't resist posting here and I have too much for doing today!

Apologies accepted and I wont mention yer 51 year all Ireland drought! Yop could you please ban me, I can't resist posting here and I have too much for doing today!

Why would I ban you, I am a poster on here. Enjoy your day.

Why would I ban you, I am a poster on here. Enjoy your day.

You're trying to kill me with kindness and its working!!!!

Conor Lane from Cork has been appointed as the referee for the Connacht Final.

Lois, his sister is unable to attend as lines woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Galway lads trolling floats our boat on here, especially when their credibility is eroded post by post.

Anyway, time to ignore the troll, any word on COC or Varley in the last week or 2?
    Clarke is out for a while also?

Really looking forward to the Connacht final now, minor game should be a cracker and Rossies always seem to have a good underage structure and produce good teams.

The odds on Mayo to win is nuts! As long odds I have ever seen us.

whats up with clarke?
    Why are u still her pappa if your so busy
    make sure to buy more grapes on the way home

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

if only :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Galway have an U-21 All Ireland and are into a Leinster final in hurling. We are well ahead in Gaa terms this year and I suspect we still will be come October. Starting to love the Mayo arrogance on a number of forums :). Nothing like a hammering in your favour to make you forget that you are and always have been the poor relation, in every sporting sense and otherwise.

I can understand you're reacting to someone on your thread, but this hammering slagging has really run its course. It will only be so long before it's past history, and history really isn't a road Mayo lads want to go down

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Galway have an U-21 All Ireland and are into a Leinster final in hurling. We are well ahead in Gaa terms this year and I suspect we still will be come October. Starting to love the Mayo arrogance on a number of forums :). Nothing like a hammering in your favour to make you forget that you are and always have been the poor relation, in every sporting sense and otherwise.

I can understand you're reacting to someone on your thread, but this hammering slagging has really run its course. It will only be so long before it's past history, and history really isn't a road Mayo lads want to go down
    another galway head jess there must no one on the galway gaa thread.

naughto wrote: »

You'd swear they hadn't anything to look forward to this year :)

Your telling us that its history, yet talk about our history... Still a hammering in Salthill, we remember it well.

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »

No there's plenty of us on there. There would be plenty of you posting there too if we slagged ye off, which we don't. This conversation wasn't started by the troll 'trolling' either.

Of course ya get the hurling in to back up whatever argument yer trying to make. Which is ironic considering the galway hurlers have "bottled" as many AIs as the Mayo Senior footballers.

Concentrate on your own football setup Galway, your chance will come again in few years...

Fine, take out the Hurling. I'm fairly certain our U-21 AI will be ahead of anything ye achieve this year. To be fair, we can stick very strictly to football arguments and come out well on top also. Galway people had nowhere near this level of arrogance when we were on top in Connacht (and actually winning AI's).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Fine, take out the Hurling. I'm fairly certain our U-21 AI will be ahead of anything ye achieve this year. To be fair, we can stick very strictly to football arguments and come out well on top also. Galway people had nowhere near this level of arrogance when we were on top in Connacht (and actually winning AI's).

Ray Silke, baby, Ray Silke.

The Donnelans going around the country as if they owned it... quite sheep they were. Will you stop, I lived in Galway during them years and plenty of arrogance.

As said already, the arrogant posts haven't been Mayo fans, Galway lads in fact.

Anyway as said already, we are wasting posts on Galway lads who have nothing better to do.

As said, Galway hurlers are well fit to blow final after final, so nothing to be cocky about there ;)

What about Ray Silke Syferus? What slight did Ray make about the people of Roscommon 15 years ago that causes you to have vodoo dolls and burning effigies of him?

One man shouldn't be given as a representation of a county, Roscommon fans should know that more than anyone with some of yer characters that are doing the rounds on the web.

At the end of the day all fans get hyped up about their county when they are doing well and as Connacht football/sport gets enough of ridicule we should all be in support of our neighbours when they are in hunt for AI honours once their chance is gone.

Personally I want Galway to win Liam asap and would like their footballers, Sligo and god forbid the Rossies :p to become competitive in senior level again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

I don't think any Galway person would begrudge Mayo winning an AI, considering the pain and suffering ye've had to endure. But a hammering of the weakest Galway team in history perhaps and Roscommon at home isn't anything to be gloating about 2 or 3 weeks after the fact. Mayo have a serious shout at winning it this year, it'd be a pity to yet again see overly optimistic fans being disappointed. It would be great for Connacht if ye won the football and us the hurling though. Unfortunately, it's going to be a long, long time before Galway wins another football AI.

Nothing like a hammering in your favour to make you forget that you are and always have been the poor relation, in every sporting sense and otherwise.

Harsh words there Hulk Hands, the bitterness is surely strong in this one. In the past ten years Mayo have clocked up some serious wins against the big hitters while Galway have completely stalled outside of Connacht. If that doesn't make you the poor relation at the moment then I don't know what does. Of course Galway are rebuilding at the moment and they will be a force to be reckoned with again in the future but to make us out to be the poor relation sportswise and otherwise (what's that supposed to mean btw?) is out of order and barely above the level of trolling we've been seeing here the past few days for whatever reason.

The comments about the hurling are neither here nor there.

• Advertisement

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    I don't think any Galway person would begrudge Mayo winning an AI, considering the pain and suffering ye've had to endure. But a hammering of the weakest Galway team in history perhaps and Roscommon at home isn't anything to be gloating about 2 or 3 weeks after the fact. Mayo have a serious shout at winning it this year, it'd be a pity to yet again see overly optimistic fans being disappointed. It would be great for Connacht if ye won the football and us the hurling though. Unfortunately, it's going to be a long, long time before Galway wins another football AI.

Good post but I'm still wondering where people are meeting all these 'overly optimistic' Mayo fans, aside from the keyboard jockeys online. If anything Mayo fans are weary from all the AI losses over the years and would be more cautious than most about getting too carried away!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement