Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Barry Moran for me is the best midfielder Mayo have one of O'Sheas will have to drop out or play in the forward line. Richie Feeney should be starter also.

On his performance today not a hope.

Thought both wing backs for Mitchels were excellent. Eoghan O'Reilly was shown up today as having zero pace. For this reason he isn't quite up to intercounty level. I was a big supporter of his up till today.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

seligehgit wrote: »
    Love if somebody could clarify for me the REAL story re Richie Feeney and James Horan,thought the whole story was rubbish??:confused:

Is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

I know he hates playing there and didnt think he played well on sat there (I think he did) but moran at ff has to be an option. Even bring him on with ten mins to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭GBXI

Thought both wing backs for Mitchels were excellent. Eoghan O'Reilly was shown up today as having zero pace. For this reason he isn't quite up to intercounty level. I was a big supporter of his up till today.

That doesn't make much sense, in that he has never had pace and most people agreed that he had another solid game today. He may not make inter-county because of a lack of pace, but I think Horan will give him a shot. Just like Cafferkey in that he is a very under-stated, solid defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭GBXI

I know he hates playing there and didnt think he played well on sat there (I think he did) but moran at ff has to be an option. Even bring him on with ten mins to go!

Moran is one of the best mid-fielders in Mayo, and in my opinion one of the best full-forwards in Mayo also. He cleaned Brosnan at full-back, can score off either foot and if given the correct ball, will score goals too. If Freeman is injured/off-form, Moran is definitely an option there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Feeney was injured and didn't train before the game.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Feeney was injured and didn't train before the game.

Wasn't even meant to play.

yop wrote: »
    Wasn't even meant to play.

Deserves credit for doing so, he's got a bit of time to get into shape for the final now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Is it.

Could you PM me what is the real story??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Could you PM me what is the real story??:)

and me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

id love too lnow as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

jj72 wrote: »
    and me :)

me too if possible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

me too if possible :)

I'll have one as well please

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Can it notjust be posted but mention no names ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

km79 wrote: »
    Can it notjust be posted but mention no names ...

Everyone already knows the names involved.

PM please :)

Ahh lads this rubbish is the past leave it there.

Wait a minute lads, I thought everyone knew (or thought they did) what happened? Its been discussed how many times on this and most have had their comment on it. I'm not PM'ing, its irrelevant now, its in the past etc etc etc.
    Worse than a bunch of grannies for gossip ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Ahh lads this rubbish is the past leave it there.

It may be but there are people who do not know the story, and would like to know, Feeny is a very valuable impact sub for Mayo, and I for one would like to know what the story is between him and Horan, that may explain why he did not use him in the final.

Wait a minute lads, I thought everyone knew (or thought they did) what happened? Its been discussed how many times on this and most have had their comment on it. I'm not PM'ing, its irrelevant now, its in the past etc etc etc.
    Worse than a bunch of grannies for gossip ;)

Seriously though anyone who wants to know should just go back to Sept 2013 n this thread and read away. Assume there is some truth in what is being said but at the same time take it with a pinch of salt. No one has publicly stated that anything happened and knowing one of the players very well he said nothing. Refused to talk about it and said that people need to move on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Is yop PMing dirty pictures to people?

I never even knew that type of thing went on nowadays

:D:cool::eek::p:pac:

Great win for Connaught in the interprovincials today,first title since 1969.

https://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/2302141605-connacht-claim-first-interprovincial-title-since-1969/

Great to see Aido lift a cup!

1920062_436916956440457_1993627131_n.jpg

Great pic Defiler Of The Coffin.Far too long since we've won the interprovincial title.

Great pic Defiler Of The Coffin.Far too long since we've won the interprovincial title.

Goal from Mickey Conroy and scores from McLoughlin, Higgins, Hennelly and O'Shea. All Mayo lads except for Gibbons scored. Hopefully this will give the lads a lift for next weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Great to get some extra game time into the legs. I was surprised they ran out such easy winners in the end, Ulster/Joe Kernan always took the Railway Cup very seriously.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Great to get some extra game time into the legs. I was surprised they ran out such easy winners in the end, Ulster/Joe Kernan always took the Railway Cup very seriously.

Same as that, massive win for the phyci of the lads, though Ado looks a bit p*ssed off !:D

• Advertisement

Also, Keith Higgins is the first man to win both football and hurling medals for Connacht.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement