Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers,This Saturday,The Duke,All Welcome!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Saturday 20th August
    Havnt been in it on a Saturday night however Im in Dublin this weekend so may venture in for research purposes if anyone fancies a reconnisance mission.There is a mahoosive bar upstairs that has trad sessions on Fridays which soak up alot of the crowd,not sure bout Saturdays though.

Cool. I'm still abroad so can't make the reconnisance mission, that's a good idea though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Saturday 20th August
    Havnt been in it on a Saturday night however Im in Dublin this weekend so may venture in for research purposes if anyone fancies a reconnisance mission.There is a mahoosive bar upstairs that has trad sessions on Fridays which soak up alot of the crowd,not sure bout Saturdays though.

Cool. I'm still abroad so can't make the reconnisance mission, good idea though

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

has someone been there before on a saturday evening? Have a feeling it could be packed and shouting will be neccesary

Yeah it's busy enough on Saturdays. I'm sure they'd keep an area reserved if asked.

Wouldn't be cheap now Maggie. Usual off Grafton Street type of prices.

It's a nice bar though and I don't remember it having very loud music..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Saturday 27th August
    Won't make this unfortunately, in Birmingham playing poker with mates that weekend. Larianne I trust you can take over turtle duties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I'm gonna try to pop along to this!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Im in Dublin this weekend so may venture in for research purposes if anyone fancies a reconnisance mission.

RECON!

I'd be up for a few drinks, to sample the athmosphere and get a feel for the place.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Excellent.

Im working tomorrow so will be lying low tonight and will likely have a gue on me tomorrow night,purely for observational purposes of course.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Larianne wrote: »
    Yeah it's busy enough on Saturdays. I'm sure they'd keep an area reserved if asked.

Wouldn't be cheap now Maggie. Usual off Grafton Street type of prices.

It's a nice bar though and I don't remember it having very loud music..

I rarely ever drink anywhere near Grafton street so I have no idea of the prices but I will survive.

Maggie? lol, this is why everyone thinks I am a girl haha.

Maguined wrote: »
    I rarely ever drink anywhere near Grafton street so I have no idea of the prices but I will survive.

Well just as long as you're prepared.
    Maggie? lol, this is why everyone thinks I am a girl haha.

Blame Toni!! :pac:

Won't make this unfortunately, in Birmingham playing poker with mates that weekend. Larianne I trust you can take over turtle duties?

Not sure if I'll be present either so maybe pass on the turtles duties to someone who's a definite. :D

• Advertisement

Not sure if I'll be present either so maybe pass on the turtles duties to someone who's a definite. :D

And whom shall you be passing on your french fancy duties too? you know since you promised I would get the first one at the next beers?

And whom shall you be passing on your french fancy duties too? you know since you promised I would get the first one at the next beers?

:o

It's okay. I have someone in mind. The don't even like sponge so no chance of them eating it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I can confirm that I am most definitely in.

:o

It's okay. I have someone in mind. The don't even like sponge so no chance of them eating it. :D

But will they be as lovely as you? half the fun of getting a french fancy at a beers it that it is coming from a lovely lady, no lady no fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Blame Toni!! :pac:

ssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :p

*sneaks away*

So Im going to head in to the Duke around 9 or so tonight,couple of others boardsies are up for it if anyone else is at a loose end.

This place is great,nice pints,no music blaring,grand sized crowd with lots of seating.

Me gusta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Saturday 13th August
    But will they be as lovely as you? half the fun of getting a french fancy at a beers it that it is coming from a lovely lady, no lady no fancy.

I'll throw them at people ninja style. It'll be cool.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i like beer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Saturday 13th August
    Bah, reckon I've an out-of-town wedding clashing with this. Dang. Decision time.

• Advertisement

Been very quiet in here,could it be that tGC'ers are leading sober lives now?

:eek:

As an aside,last weekend myself and the other boardies that undertook the perilous scouting mission ended up in Doyles.

Twas good drunken fun,and Drav's sterling Elvis moves were most interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Drav's sterling Elvis moves were most interesting.

uh-huh!

Elvis-5.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1286664724167

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

So what's the shtory with this, 27th of August ok but what about a venue?

I probably am going to come along to this as it is the weekend before placement starts. One last Hurrah before college starts again. :cool: So Maggie will get his bit of cake. :pac:

And Doyles is about a 6 minute walk from the Duke.

Will wrote: »

I thought the venue was taken as a given that it's gonna be The Duke.

Will wrote: »

The Duke Wilbur.

Nice beers,friendly staff,music at a nice level,general good atmosphere and lots of space too.

Awesome,cheers. Larianne it's my last hurrah before I go back to college also. Wahey!

Damn students *rabble rabble* durkin mah tax moneh *rabble rabble*.

:pac:

Oh noes, not I this time. I've to pay full fee's >.<

• Advertisement

Damn students *rabble rabble* durkin mah tax moneh *rabble rabble*.

Oi! Don't come to me so when you need to be fixed!

Advertisement