Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers,This Saturday,The Duke,All Welcome!

Options
  • 09-07-2011 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

So I was out for a few pints Wednesday night and I ended up in the Duke (on Duke Street,off Grafton Street,for those not familiar with it) and I was thinking to myself,this would be a rather nice spot for a beering.

Seeing as we are nearly midway through July and the Noc's are having a double beers next weekend I figure sometime in August would be best.

So what think'th you dapper gents and lovely ladies of tGC?

Directions to The Duke

Beers - When? 12 votes

Saturday 6th August
    0%
    Saturday 13th August
    58%
    UnknownRacoonQueenPanthrostupidusernameMoragparker kentFewFew 7 votes
    Saturday 20th August
    25%
    UnknownBottle_of_Smokecoffee_cake 3 votes
    Saturday 27th August
    16%
    18ADHyperbullet 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Is the duke not an extremely narrow and humid pub? If it is the same place I am thinking of then I would of thought that would be a terrible place for a beers?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Saturday 20th August
    Maguined wrote: »
    Is the duke not an extremely narrow and humid pub? If it is the same place I am thinking of then I would of thought that would be a terrible place for a beers?

as opposed to lafayette??

anyway i dont know about location but im up for another beers and i better be able to hear at the next one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Maguined wrote: »

Dunno where you are thinking of Mags.Its good sized place with an upstairs part too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

There was a summer? :confused:

Well the sun is shining where I am so thats good enough for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Don't make it clash with the After Hours beers ya feicer :p:pac:

I will try and make it though whenever it's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Saturday 20th August
    Weekends of the 12th/19th/26th awesome with me

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Sounds like a plan, one I sadly can't be a part of...as I'm revising for/doing college repeats during all of August basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Needs poll. :)

Goin drinkin.Will poll tomorrow.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

hmmm... methinks we just need a meetup thread in general. :p

if it doesnt clash with the ah beers/or any birthdays coming up for me i'll be there...

...as the intro for baywatch goes. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Saturday 13th August
    Awww Baywatch...:pac:

hmmm... methinks we just need a meetup thread in general. :p

if it doesnt clash with the ah beers/or any birthdays coming up for me i'll be there...

...as the intro for baywatch goes. ;)

The good ole days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Larianne wrote: »
    Needs poll. :)
    No! No polls. There will never ever be a venue and a time that will suit everyone. It always causes grief and consternation and swopping of plans.
    Much better to announce a pub and a date and leave it at that.
    Then do the same the following month, and the month after that... :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Okies,Ive added a poll for each Saturday in August and it will run for 10 days.

I also like Drav's idea above of having a general meet up thread too for off the cuff outings.Leave that one with me.

Saturday 20th August
    christ please not the 6th, have missed them all over the last year due to being abroad and I get home on the 7th!

Ahh here!

People are doing that whole voting while unregistered craic again. Or maybe it's only one person.
    Can we agree to go with the night that has the most actual names to it not the one that has the most invisible votes! :/

Saturday 20th August
    and multi answer voting too perhaps? whilst I chose the 13th, the 20th and 27th are cool with me too

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Ahh here!

People are doing that whole voting while unregistered craic again. Or maybe it's only one person.
    Can we agree to go with the night that has the most actual names to it not the one that has the most invisible votes! :/
    Thats what we have always done Tuds!

Thats what we have always done Tuds!

Oh right! Grand so :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Saturday 27th August
    20th/27th are pretty much perfect for everyone*.

*me

Im not too pushed anyway as all the suggested dates will be grand for me,exciting life I have and all.:o

Bump!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Bump!
    :)

I approve of this post.

Okies,poll closes at about 11 bells tomorrow night.Last Saturday in August is currently in the lead (more real people than anon votes so it gets the nod thus far).

Votes have been cast and the last Saturday of the month has been voted in.

General feedback from the last one was that the ideal night would be starting off somewhere where people could chat/mingle without having to shout at eachother or fight to get to the bar so I propose The Duke off Grafton Street as a start point.

Its big,has a grand covered smoking area,is pretty much as central as you can get and has great pints.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I was definitely thinking of a different pub as the photos from the website are quite nice so I think its a great choice.

Great location, plenty of food and other late clubs to go to afterwards so win win. The only thing that could make it even better is if it is nice and cheap for a spirit drinker like myself.

Saturday 20th August
    has someone been there before on a saturday evening? Have a feeling it could be packed and shouting will be neccesary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Saturday 13th August
    Weird I thought last night of suggesting The Duke once the voting stopped on the dates. So +1 from me.

• Advertisement

has someone been there before on a saturday evening? Have a feeling it could be packed and shouting will be neccesary
    Havnt been in it on a Saturday night however Im in Dublin this weekend so may venture in for research purposes if anyone fancies a reconnisance mission.There is a mahoosive bar upstairs that has trad sessions on Fridays which soak up alot of the crowd,not sure bout Saturdays though.

Advertisement