Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Quick question about changing the background image on the Vita. I've changed the lock screen no problem but I'm a bit stuck with changing the background on the main screen. When I edit the screen and choose a picture from the camera, it only changes the background of the first screen of icons and also, it only changes part of the screen (a square around the icons) leaving the stock coloured border to cover up the rest of the screen. Can I set it so that the whole screen uses the image?

nope not that im aware (very possible i could be wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Moment of madness: lifting a PS Vita up towards the light in a New Zealand hostel so the back facing camera could decipher an image on a piece of parchment in Uncharted. Dear God help me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Did not get that puzzle at all first time :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Lol @shuffles

I know, pure insanity. What's a good pick up and play game? Everybody's Golf? I just noticed when you click on a game bubble and you swipe down instead of starting the game, another screen appears with a list of stuff you've done recently in the game. The quotes used are hilarious too!

God listen to me, I'm like a four year old on Christmas morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

I know, pure insanity. What's a good pick up and play game? Everybody's Golf? I just noticed when you click on a game bubble and you swipe down instead of starting the game, another screen appears with a list of stuff you've done recently in the game. The quotes used are hilarious too!

Reminds me of when I was casually sitting beside my OH on the couch playing gravity rush and I sort of instinctively but gradually switched from analogue control to waving the console around looking at all the environment around me and she stopped reading or whatever to gawk at me.

Not really one for the airport that one (wanted to play it on a trip recently but knew I'd forget and start swerving around like a 5 year old playing pretend car-driving or something)!

I've mostly found myself using the vita for lengthy type sessions rather than quick short plays. wipeout is probably my go to game but some of my digital only games get more play simply because I don't have to switch carts...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I see there's no demo for fifa for the vita on the psn store.....*is odd*

its fantastic seeing someone genuinely excited to be honest

A 4 year old who snook downstairs to the Christmas tree at 2am I might add.

But seriously, this device is amazing! Everything just works perfectly and seamlessly. Trophies, the web browser (which I've read that most people hate but I think is perfect and as fluid as my iPod Touch who won't talk to me anymore because of my new friend), jumping in and out of games and apps with no lag or loading time. I even got a notification telling me I had encountered 30 people playing around me and that 2 had given me gifts. GIFTS!! MAD!!!! Although I'm not allowed to talk to strangers and I've asked my numbskulls to look into and verify the matter......I'm delighted.

I'm 29 by the way. This is what gaming is all about. Hopefully Sony really get behind the Vita and support and promote the crap out of it. It's a gem sitting on store shelves that not enough people know enough about.

A 4 year old who snook downstairs to the Christmas tree at 2am I might add.

But seriously, this device is amazing! Everything just works perfectly and seamlessly. Trophies, the web browser (which I've read that most people hate but I think is perfect and as fluid as my iPod Touch who won't talk to me anymore because of my new friend), jumping in and out of games and apps with no lag or loading time. I even got a notification telling me I had encountered 30 people playing around me and that 2 had given me gifts. GIFTS!! MAD!!!! Although I'm not allowed to talk to strangers and I've asked my numbskulls to look into and verify the matter......I'm delighted.

I'm 29 by the way. This is what gaming is all about. Hopefully Sony really get behind the Vita and support and promote the crap out of it. It's a gem sitting on store shelves that not enough people know enough about.

LOL whats your psn id

• Advertisement

Dug my vita out, updated it, put final fantasy 6 on :cool: might invest in soundshapes.

caspa307 wrote: »
    LOL whats your psn id

shuffles03

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

cloud493 wrote: »
    might invest in soundshapes.

Might be of interest: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056751193

I have a Near question:

With the wifi Vita, will it work at all if not connected to a hotspot (like the 3DS) or will it never pick up anything? Say for example I go out with my Vita and when I get back and connect back up to wifi, will it display info from when I was out?

I'm interested in this 'Distance Travelled' section of Near. Would I need to be constantly connected in order for it to work?

I walked to a nearby café and logged onto their wifi with the Vita but Near still showed zero distance travelled. I was kind of hoping it would have calculated the distance between the two wifi locations (café and hostel) to add to the distance but nothing happened.

On a side note, I just discovered rear scrolling for web browsing. Is there anything this device can't do?

Best sound in the world: a trophy notification for 50 headshots with a sniper rifle.

I walked to a nearby café and logged onto their wifi with the Vita but Near still showed zero distance travelled. I was kind of hoping it would have calculated the distance between the two wifi locations (café and hostel) to add to the distance but nothing happened.

Unless both WiFi hotspots are registered on Skyhook, I don't think that will work. If you want to use near while out-and-about and if you have a smartphone, try using the WiFi Hotspot functionality on your phone, then connect to it on your Vita. It has worked for me in the past.

Yeah, I'll just wait till I get back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

LBP getting some great reviews, Edge gave it 9/10.

IGN gave it a 9 as well.

was just gona post LBP is out next week lol i just realised it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Been off line the last few days, are there any new PS1 games or any more gone on sale.

If there anyway to put PS1 games on, without it either being a tiny screen, or looking horribly stretched?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sound Shapes is a great little game.

Quick Uncharted question:

I just completed the game in Normal Mode. To complete in Hard, do I need to create a whole new game or can I just go in and out of whatever chapter I like from my previous game but in Hard and run through it that way until each chapter is done?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Quick Uncharted question:

I just completed the game in Normal Mode. To complete in Hard, do I need to create a whole new game or can I just go in and out of whatever chapter I like from my previous game but in Hard and run through it that way until each chapter is done?

I don't think you can start a chapter at a higher difficulty than it was done before.

That's how it work in the other uncharted games if memory serves.

Just tried it there. It allows me to jump in and out of any chapter and set the difficulty to what I like.

Be careful of starting a new game, since if you overwrite your first save file, it'll reset treasures and won't let you replay the other chapters till you play through them on hard or whatever.

Just tried it there. It allows me to jump in and out of any chapter and set the difficulty to what I like.

Yes this is correct. Actually, what I did was do the boss fights and sections that were particularly difficult first on Hard or Crushing before mopping up the rest of the levels after. Less stress, more success!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I had been neglecting my Vita until I resumed Gravity Rush. Such a good game. The the controls take a while to master.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    Yes this is correct. Actually, what I did was do the boss fights and sections that were particularly difficult first on Hard or Crushing before mopping up the rest of the levels after. Less stress, more success!

Yeh, sounds like a good idea. Is it just me or is it impossibly hard to blind fire from behind cover and ACTUALLY hit the target?

On a side note, I just downloaded the YouTube app. Hands down, the best mobile version I've used to date. Being able to split the screen and have video playing on one side and scrolling through the comments section on the other is awesome. Usually, if I'm watching stuff on my iPod I have to click 'done' and then enter a new screen altogether before I can do this. It's the little things, ha!

As each day goes by, the Vita just keeps getting better and better. I picked up the official starter pack earlier as well. No scratchy scratchy for me. My Vita has informed me that scratches are bold and that I have to be down with that sort of thing. The leader is good, the leader is great (runs and hides behind the radiator). Still giddy I suppose. My g/f doesn't know what to make of all of this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement