Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

ShaneU wrote: »
    No chance

Dang

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Might as well ask, which are you guys more excited about? Killzone or CoD?

Personally its Killzone all the way. Looks better in the trailers and I've never been a huge CoD fan anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Tbh im equally excited for each, but as trailers didnt give much away I may be disappointed.. Although Killzone 4 is a game I am eagerly waiting to be announced

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

cod looks like a rush job, only 4 x 4 multiplayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Also we dont even know whos making it? Or did I miss that

• Advertisement

Graphically it looks a bit rough. The 4v4 I don't mind so much, been playing hybrid on xbox lately and I'm preferring smaller teams like that.
    Also we dont even know whos making it? Or did I miss that

Nihilistic Software are developing it. They're the guys who recently made Resistance: Burning Skies so yeah, thing's aren't looking great so far for another FPS. It's a shame activision or treyarch didn't want to develop it so they shipped it out to another studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

EJ22 wrote: »
    Nihilistic Software are developing it. They're the guys who recently made Resistance: Burning Skies so yeah, thing's aren't looking great so far for another FPS. It's a shame activision or treyarch didn't want to develop it so they shipped it out to another studio.

Experience from their mistakes will probably make it better in the end, rather than a team that is new to the vita who would make some of the same mistakes.

Varik wrote: »
    Experience from their mistakes will probably make it better in the end, rather than a team that is new to the vita who would make some of the same mistakes.

I honestly hope you're correct about this. There's nothing more that I want than any games developer to improve on previous mistakes and triumph and make a great game because at the end of the day its us as consumers that will benefit. As much as I'm not a huge CoD fan, the mass market appeal for a game with the CoD brand will be a huge vita seller near Christmas so I genuinely hope this game does well so as general interest in buying a Vita will improve for those that are borderline about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Honestly, I'd much prefer the game to be more akin to Liberation, but I guess I can go with this if it has Killzone 2's multiplayer (server lists and all).

Actually that reminds me, when the fudge will Killzone Liberation be available on the Vita!?
    EJ22 wrote: »
    Might as well ask, which are you guys more excited about? Killzone or CoD?

Killzone looked amazing. Even from the few snippets we saw, you could tell it maintained that 'weighty' feel that all of the Killzone games have had. Even looking at the death animations of the soldiers was impressive. When a guy gets shot in the head, his head is thrown back. When he gets shot in the abdomen, he curls over.

The fact that Guerrilla themselves are developing it too gives me more confidence.

Interesting tidbit from SlashGear
    Not only that, but Mercenary is being made with the Killzone 3 engine, which is why the visuals look so good. With Guerrilla Games developing the title and using the Killzone 3 engine to do so, this might just turn out to be the high-profile, console-quality game the PS Vita needs.

TBH as soon as I found out Nihilistic were behind the COD game, I scratched that from my 'buy' list. Fair enough, they may have learned from their mistakes, but I am going to wait until they prove that before even thinking about getting it. The shoddy visuals, poor animation and gimped multiplayer suggest they have not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is there a list of all the ps1 games being released anywhere?

• Advertisement

Is there a list of all the ps1 games being released anywhere?

Not at the moment, Kotaku had a list of games up but tbh I really don't trust them. Confirmed so far are FF7, MGS, Resi Evil 2 and Tomb Raider. That's all from comments on PS EU Blog

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Someone recommends me a ps vita or PSP game to download that's under 20 euro? Thanks

Dazza wrote: »
    Someone recommends me a ps vita or PSP game to download that's under 20 euro? Thanks

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attacks

Dazza wrote: »

What kind of games do you like? What games do you already have?
    Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attacks

A fine recommendation. Motorstorm R.C. is another must-have IMO. You could get both and still be well under €20.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can anyone recommend a good psp jrpg/rpg that I can download for under 20euro ?

Persona 3 Portable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

corpse party, gods eater burst (its like monster hunter but better, and if you can wait till next week alundra is out on psn today (psone)

Have either of ye played trails in the sky?corpse party looks interesting

Have either of ye played trails in the sky?corpse party looks interesting

nope but definetly if you can get persona 3 and trails in the sales id say go for it it got great reviews, also yeah corpse partys great fun its jrpg/jhorror

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

If I could get gravity rush for 29 used is it worth it??

• Advertisement

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Well I'll have a busy portable gaming weekend with nsmb2 and gravity rush so :D

Ii might get corpse party tomorrow so,also I should have gotten a bigger memory card at launch :o

Sound Shapes is great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The three Ys games are quite good, only €9.99 each too. Oath of Felghana is the best imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Evilbart

The gamescon COD trailer was a total let down looked like a psp game and 4vs4?so much for a true COD expeirience on the go,after seeing the trailer I put my ps vita up for sale on adverts not sure if I am alowed post the link here but my adverts username is brigtime if anybodys interested

Evilbart wrote: »
    The gamescon COD trailer was a total let down looked like a psp game and 4vs4?so much for a true COD expeirience on the go,after seeing the trailer I put my ps vita up for sale on adverts not sure if I am alowed post the link here but my adverts username is brigtime if anybodys interested

Did you not see the Killzone Mercenary trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Evilbart

Just seen it there now that looks more like it,just think COD could have been a system seller but the lack of effort and polish that went into it doesnt give me high hopes for ps vitas future

Evilbart wrote: »
    Just seen it there now that looks more like it,just think COD could have been a system seller but the lack of effort and polish that went into it doesnt give me high hopes for ps vitas future

The COD port was created by the same guys who made Resistance Burning Skies [Nihilistic]. My expectations for Declassified plummeted when I found that out.

But Killzone Mercenary looks spectacular. I could be a system seller.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If anyone is getting PS1 games try and avoid getting them from the EU store unless they are in the imports section. They're the unoptimised inferior PAL versions.

Any good Vita deals out there. I'm on the look out for one with a memory card and Gravity Rush.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement