Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Waters No Longer Running, Derp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,810 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

robindch wrote: »

Search for "buddy rich bus tapes" :)

AllForIt wrote: »
    I don't really see what any of the last few comments have got to do with Atheism & Agnosticism.

Rather, it show's that this forum, particularly it's moderation, is run by Left wingers, i.e. biased.

I used to like the intelligent threads on this board, some ppl with such learned intellect, but not any more, it's just a lefty sh*t show now.

You are all an utter disgrace.

oscar_main.png

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I think the Mod is being deliberately thick here, a characteristic of intellectual non intellectual types I've noticed.

I never said this particular thread was a result of Lefty moderation, I'm saying it's totally non-intellectual in the first place. I never accused any Mod for starting it, but Mods encouraged it, or at least let it go for fun.

The mod says I have an opportunity to go to the feedback forum. sure, but the Mod completely ignored the primary point I made, yeah, no comment on it whatsoever, just some pathetic bolded text.

I trust my instinct's about people, what kind of people they are, combined with their views and how they behave, even on a text based interacton.

MOD

Yellow card for ignoring mod instructions to take feedback to the feedback thread, and discussing mod instruction in thread.
    Do Not discuss this in thread. If you have an issue with being carded take it to PM.
    If you wish to make general comments about moderation take it to the Feedback thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    MOD

Request denied.

I'll take if further on principle.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,393 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Oh if we can make demands Could i get a full Irish and a black coffee delivered please?

Edit: That was more of a request, curse me and my lefty politeness:(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Oh if we can make demands Could i get a full Irish and a black coffee delivered please?
    Comin' right up, Timberrrr.

Note that the full Irish is, naturally, well to the left of center.

523976.jpg

• Advertisement

I'll take if further on principle.
    523978.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

robindch wrote: »
    Comin' right up, Timberrrr.

Note that the full Irish is, naturally, well to the left of center.

523976.jpg

But like a true lefty you have to share it with the rest of us comrade

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

breezy1985 wrote: »

I demand that tomato is removed.
    No place for a fruiting vegetable in the midst of that homage to protein and saturated fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,393 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And now for the sign of the grease

Grease be with you

• Registered Users Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I demand that tomato is removed.
    No place for a fruiting vegetable in the midst of that homage to protein and saturated fat.

Its ok if it's red fruit or veg

• Advertisement

I trust my instinct's about people, what kind of people they are, combined with their views and how they behave, even on a text based interacton.

"A man who will misuse an apostrophe is capable of anything." - Con Houlihan

Life ain't always empty.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    And unlike a true right-winger, I'm not forcing you to eat it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I think the Mod is being deliberately thick here, a characteristic of intellectual non intellectual types I've noticed.

I never said this particular thread was a result of Lefty moderation, I'm saying it's totally non-intellectual in the first place. I never accused any Mod for starting it, but Mods encouraged it, or at least let it go for fun.

The mod says I have an opportunity to go to the feedback forum. sure, but the Mod completely ignored the primary point I made, yeah, no comment on it whatsoever, just some pathetic bolded text.

While you might trust your instincts, I'll think you'll find most regulars on this forum favour objective evidence. So for example, while you complain about Lefty moderation, the simple fact is that the vast majority of regular visitors to this forum are left leaning liberals;

A&A Group Graph
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/crowdchart?&Kiwi+In+Ie=-3.6%2C-5.3&The+Chizler=-2.1%2C-4.5&Pherekydes=-6.9%2C-5.9&Sulla+Felix=-3.3%2C-4.8&Orion=-5.6%2C-6.5&Pope+Palpatine=-4.5%2C-6.8&Turtwig=-4.5%2C-7.4&Legspin=-8.3%2C-9.1&Ninja900=-5.3%2C-6.7&Calibos=-7.0%2C10.0&Bluewolf=9.8%2C-7.8&Thedoctor=-1.4%2C-0.8&Absolam=-5.6%2C-2.8&Redfacedbear=-4.3%2C-5.2&Bannasidhe=-6.8%2C-7.3&Skrynesaver=-8.4%2C-4.5&Obliq=-5.4%2C-7.7&Doctor+Doom=-7.0%2C-5.4&Diego+Simeone=-5.0%2C-6.5&Sink=-0.6%2C-5.1&Spacetime=-7.3%2C-8.2&Sw=12.0%2C10.5&Keane=-6.5%2C-6.9&Rughdh=-5.6%2C-8.1&Sciencenerd=-0.8%2C-5.8&Fouxdafafa=-5.4%2C-4.8&Agent+Smith=0.4%2C1.7&Marienbad=-5.9%2C-9.2&Mark+Hamill=-7.0%2C-5.5&Dazmarz=-2.5%2C-1.8&Benny+Cake=-8.8%2C-7.7&Robindch=-4.0%2C-6.4&Brian+Shanahan=-9.5%2C-9.0&Wprathead=-6.5%2C-6.8&Ulysses1874=-3.5%2C-5.4&Gvn=6.9%2C-7.0&Pauldla=-4.9%2C-5.9&Oscarbravo=-4.3%2C-7.5&Blowfish=8.3%2C-6.3&Smacl=-4.1%2C-4.6&name=recedite&ec=-4.75&soc=-1.38

crowdchart?&Kiwi+In+Ie=-3.6%2C-5.3&The+Chizler=-2.1%2C-4.5&Pherekydes=-6.9%2C-5.9&Sulla+Felix=-3.3%2C-4.8&Orion=-5.6%2C-6.5&Pope+Palpatine=-4.5%2C-6.8&Turtwig=-4.5%2C-7.4&Legspin=-8.3%2C-9.1&Ninja900=-5.3%2C-6.7&Calibos=-7.0%2C10.0&Bluewolf=9.8%2C-7.8&Thedoctor=-1.4%2C-0.8&Absolam=-5.6%2C-2.8&Redfacedbear=-4.3%2C-5.2&Bannasidhe=-6.8%2C-7.3&Skrynesaver=-8.4%2C-4.5&Obliq=-5.4%2C-7.7&Doctor+Doom=-7.0%2C-5.4&Diego+Simeone=-5.0%2C-6.5&Sink=-0.6%2C-5.1&Spacetime=-7.3%2C-8.2&Sw=12.0%2C10.5&Keane=-6.5%2C-6.9&Rughdh=-5.6%2C-8.1&Sciencenerd=-0.8%2C-5.8&Fouxdafafa=-5.4%2C-4.8&Agent+Smith=0.4%2C1.7&Marienbad=-5.9%2C-9.2&Mark+Hamill=-7.0%2C-5.5&Dazmarz=-2.5%2C-1.8&Benny+Cake=-8.8%2C-7.7&Robindch=-4.0%2C-6.4&Brian+Shanahan=-9.5%2C-9.0&Wprathead=-6.5%2C-6.8&Ulysses1874=-3.5%2C-5.4&Gvn=6.9%2C-7.0&Pauldla=-4.9%2C-5.9&Oscarbravo=-4.3%2C-7.5&Blowfish=8.3%2C-6.3&Smacl=-4.1%2C-4.6&name=recedite&ec=-4.75&soc=-1.38

(Source)

There are also long running threads that are specifically critical of the left

See Fully Baked Left Wing Vegan Cookies

and the right

See Half-baked Republican Presidential Fruitcakes (and fellow confections)

If you post to this forum with an intransigent right-wing Christian worldview you can expect to have provide a robust and rational defense of any assertions that you might make as they will most likely be diametrically opposed to the established and well considered views held by the majority of regular posters here.

• Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

love that my position (SW) was included in the summary :pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

smacl wrote: »
    While you might trust your instincts, I'll think you'll find most regulars on this forum favour objective evidence. So for example, while you complain about Lefty moderation, the simple fact is that the vast majority of regular visitors to this forum are left leaning liberals;

(Source)

That was a really annoying questionnaire as the options were too restrictive, some things I was neutral on and the inability to pick neutral (or I don't care) meant I knew the quiz would skew me way further left wing than I am. I get the impression that such a quiz will make people seem more left or right wing than they actually are. Also I suspect it sways me more to Libertarianism than I am as well, the questions were clearly asked to divide than to get an answer, with many needing a neutral answer to specify you were neither for or against as both positions had equally valid values.

Delirium wrote: »
    love that my position (SW) was included in the summary :pac:

Way to go, making Genghis Khan look like a moderate :pac:

CramCycle wrote: »
    That was a really annoying questionnaire as the options were too restrictive, some things I was neutral on and the inability to pick neutral (or I don't care) meant I knew the quiz would skew me way further left wing than I am. I get the impression that such a quiz will make people seem more left or right wing than they actually are. Also I suspect it sways me more to Libertarianism than I am as well, the questions were clearly asked to divide than to get an answer, with many needing a neutral answer to specify you were neither for or against as both positions had equally valid values.

Any questionnaires that try to quantify restrictive answers to highly subjective questions are going to effect leading questions. My bigger issue with it, as pointed out at the time, is that of not considering balancing errors due to spread. i.e. someone answering with a mix of hard right and hard left responses can end up with the same score as someone answering entirely with centrist responses.

That said, from a statistical point of view, I think the conclusion that the majority of responses from this forum indicate a largely liberal left group is still reasonable.

Needs to be borne in mind that that is an American survey - what is regarded as 'liberal' or 'far left' there would often be pretty much centrist in Irish or European politics. Especially on social issues like secularism, abortion rights etc. which are a big deal in America for some reason.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,012 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Needs to be borne in mind that that is an American survey - what is regarded as 'liberal' or 'far left' there would often be pretty much centrist in Irish or European politics. Especially on social issues like secularism, abortion rights etc. which are a big deal in America for some reason.
    This. I think there's an inescapable bias that comes from identify the notional "centre" from which everyone's relative left or right position is expressed, and also from picking the specific questions that will be used as a proxy for general left/right or authoritarian/libertarian sentiment.

Thus we have the paradox that if I were in the US I would be regarded as a left/liberal, but I may actually vote for a party that in Ireland is regarded as distinctly right of centre. (I suspect that particular combination of characteristics is extremely common.)

There is also the other issue that political commentators/columnists in the US go along the lines that Republican = right and Democrats = left whereas in reality, while their base might not be to far off it, those in power for the Democrats are clearly Centre Right. The Simpsons episode done it best when offered the option between Kang and Kodos, the Americans choose enslavement rather than a 3rd party. Americans will never vote Green en masse, even when they have a strong reasonable candidate because of their electoral system and fear of change.

Anyway, this is miles away from Gemma and John. I see Gemma is doing the honerable thing and avoiding court summons as best she can: https://www.thejournal.ie/gemma-odoherty-high-court-defamation-5172461-Aug2020/

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

GO'D suggests that she might become an asylum seeker!

https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1299632847955857409

In other news, GO'D declares that foreigners and refugees must submit to Irish Law, but Irish Law doesn't apply to her incompletely-perfumed self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

GO'D Bless All Here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,942 ✭✭✭Odhinn

• Registered Users Posts: 19,904 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

That's actually very sad to watch. Are herself and John Waters just having the craic to be relevant or do they actually believe this stuff?

That's actually very sad to watch. Are herself and John Waters just having the craic to be relevant or do they actually believe this stuff?

I've said it before but beliefs aside, she has shown, consistently over the last few years all the signs of a mental breakdown. John Waters has shown all the signs of an abuser, it's actually really uncomfortable when you start to see it. In other countries health services would have moved in for her protection.

They're believers I'd say.

CramCycle wrote: »
    I've said it before but beliefs aside, she has shown, consistently over the last few years all the signs of a mental breakdown.
    A relative in my own extended family who follows GO'D extensively and avidly appears to be suffering from Behaviour Frontotemporal Dementia (bvFTD) - from the Mayo Clinic:
    Behaviour Frontotemporal Dementia is characterized by prominent changes in personality and behavior that often occur in people in their 50s and 60s [...] the nerve cell loss is most prominent in areas that control conduct, judgment, empathy and foresight, among other abilities.

• Advertisement

Our lizard overlords can't handle the truth, it appears.

Twitter has permanently suspended the account of the conspiracy theorist David Icke.
    A spokesman for the social media platform said Icke had violated its rules regarding coronavirus misinformation.
    The move follows the decision by YouTube and Facebook to terminate Icke’s accounts in early May for the same reason.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/04/twitter-permanently-bans-conspiracy-theorist-david-ickes-account

Advertisement