Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonnen: Suspension up, immediately begins talking sh1t again.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭p to the e

never noticed how funny Chaels voice is before

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

"WERE YOU LISTENING WHEN I SAID HE TRIED TO FEED THE BUS A CARROT?!?"

Hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Great stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 K.Byrne_BJJ

hes one funny lad, always loves to mouth but infairness he goes into fights like with anderson and backs up everything he says, until the last 30 secs :D.... "he thought the bus was a horse" brilliant

Sonnen's Twitter

I ask Brazil for a fight, and Machida answers.I ask for a REAL fight, and a Marine steps up.I see you hiding Lyoto, and I won't forget this.

There won't be any trash talk from Chael here about Brian Stann. According to this article, Chael even emailed Stann a few weeks ago to ask him could he sort out a couple of jobs for 2 of Chael's ex-military buddies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

MrStuffins wrote: »
    There won't be any trash talk from Chael here about Brian Stann. According to this article, Chael even emailed Stann a few weeks ago to ask him could he sort out a couple of jobs for 2 of Chael's ex-military buddies.

Good find, wonder if the buddies of his also lost their realtor license.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

poor guy is clearly not the full shiling...his twitter is hilarious..

A lot of people are wondering about the reasoning behind this fight. It's more genius from Joe Silva. Simply because of the long term rather than short term. Chael is coming of a suspension so you're not just gonna throw him into a Main Event. The highest he can go is Co-Main Event. Put him in against Wandi, he wins, then what?

But, put him in agains Stann and it's win-win for UFC. (Should Silva beat Okami) Chael wins and they have their ultimate grudge match between him and Silva. Stann wins and their All-American hero gets a shot at the title. UFC don't lose here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭MrsStuffings

A lot of people are wondering about the reasoning behind this fight. It's more genius from Joe Silva. Simply because of the long term rather than short term. Chael is coming of a suspension so you're not just gonna throw him into a Main Event. The highest he can go is Co-Main Event. Put him in against Wandi, he wins, then what?

But, put him in agains Stann and it's win-win for UFC. (Should Silva beat Okami) Chael wins and they have their ultimate grudge match between him and Silva. Stann wins and their All-American hero gets a shot at the title. UFC don't lose here.

true but the problem is the fight itself. both fighters have great respect for each other, no animosity or bad blood to get the casual fans interested and opening their wallets. no sh1t talking from chael to stir the pre fight hype pot. i hope he wins, id like to see him against silva again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

true but the problem is the fight itself. both fighters have great respect for each other, no animosity or bad blood to get the casual fans interested and opening their wallets. no sh1t talking from chael to stir the pre fight hype pot. i hope he wins, id like to see him against silva again.

That's largely the point, Chael is already disgraced in the eyes of some MMA fans, and in the eyes of many casual viewers from his issues with the Feds.

Getting him to shut up for a little while about an opponent might just be a good thing for his marketability in the long term.

No one likes Chael because they think he believes what he says, people like him because he is a button pusher who can say the most retarded **** with a straight face and carry that act into the cage. If Chael came back and instantly started talking **** against an opponent then that other guy could just sit there and make jokes about Chael cheating and stealing.

Stann won't talk ****, and in Stann Chael has opponent he won't talk **** about.

It's a perfect comeback fight for him.

• Advertisement

Wait........... MrsStuffings? What? That's confusing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Wait........... MrsStuffings? What? That's confusing :pac:

lol, congrats dude! :p

Advertisement