Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonnen: Suspension up, immediately begins talking sh1t again.

Options
  • 05-07-2011 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

Really dissing Wanderlei:mad: and saying he might even stop by 205 and take out Machida on his way back down to 185. :rolleyes:

I don't mind the trash talk because he really does it in an entertaining funny manner, but I would get some satisfaction out of Wanderlei squishing him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Tis what he does.

Water wet and that. I wonder how much Portland Wrestling he has been watching during his lay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hahaha, gotta love a bit of Chael

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

I hear he's been working his triangle defense :p

• Registered Users Posts: 39,137 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Begins talking ****e again????

Em, I don't believe he ever stopped. Wandy, Nog, Bisping and of course Silva were getting it constantly the last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

He's MMA's David Haye, except that Chael really is the real deal. He writes the cheques and his ass cashes them. I can see him talking himself into any fight he wants. Can't wait to have him back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Like him or loath him you have to admit that he is a funny guy - his twitter is outrageous at the best of times - http://twitter.com/#!/sonnench

Like him or loath him you have to admit that he is a funny guy - his twitter is outrageous at the best of times - http://twitter.com/#!/sonnench

Funniest MMA person on Twitter by a long shot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I thought he wasn't being too bad towards Wand. He's right what he says about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Tito Ortiz

scudzilla wrote: »
    Funniest MMA person on Twitter by a long shot

I only found his page last night for the first time...Holy **** he is funny.I love the smack talk too. I find it funny no one,except Wandy has had a real go at him for the sh1t he says.

cant wait for smack talk to start again on for his next fight !!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

SDTimeout wrote: »
    I thought he wasn't being too bad towards Wand. He's right what he says about him.

Yeah I think he was right about most of what he said about Silva. The only bit I thought was a bit unfair is when he called him a bum.

• Advertisement

I love him and hate him , good to have him back .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Dean09 wrote: »
    Yeah I think he was right about most of what he said about Silva. The only bit I thought was a bit unfair is when he called him a bum.

To be honest 99% of the stuff he says is outrageous nonsense - in my opinion treat it like comedy - laugh but - it is what it is - comedy!

Calling BJJ guys pyjama wearers... I mean come on Chael LOL :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Tito Ortiz

To be honest 99% of the stuff he says is outrageous nonsense - in my opinion treat it like comedy - laugh but - it is what it is - comedy!

Calling BJJ guys pyjama wearers... I mean come on Chael LOL :D:D:D

I think 99% of the stuff he says is true.

He called out Big Nog on the Mir fight making an excuse for the loss, the Segal thing is just weird with Machida and Anderson,and Wandy is way way past his best.

It's just funny the way he goes about expressing his opinion, but he backs it up by the way he fights. I like the fact he is not afraid to piss Zuffa off and says what he thinks instead of the usual kissing arse that goes on !!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

I understand the appeal but I'm not a fan of him. I understand how important it is for fighters to get there name out there and increase their pay per view numbers. But I think after all his lies and the amount of times he's contradicted himself he really has been exposed. If he didn't act in the manner he did fans would just see him as another boring wrestler. The guy rarely finishes fights. Without all the loud mouth talk he'd be as recognisable to casual fans as someone like Aaron Simpson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

He's completely boring, inside and outside of the ring. Hopefully he gets his wish and Lyoto can karate kick him back into obscurity.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Chael Sonnen is Free!!! :D:D:D

Still at least the third best middleweight in the world, still tied number one imo though..
    He'd beat Wandy and to be honest, I think he'd beat Machida too..

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

el dude wrote: »
    He's completely boring, inside and outside of the ring. Hopefully he gets his wish and Lyoto can karate kick him back into obscurity.

So there I am minding my owns business, beep beep goes the phone
    tuesday morning

"Lyoto, don't feel bad that you don't have the belt. You still have that little cotton one my nephew has."

Sonnen`s twitter, the only one I have, it is funny, free entertainment. Sonnen isnt up all night thinking of funny things to say, he is just funny on the go.

Now for the fight, it looks as if dana has given him an impossible fight, machida with his illusive:rolleyes: style will block the take down attempts and smack the body off him with strikes, but chael loses most of his fights to submissions not ko.

I think its going to be a great fight and alot of people will be delighted to see chael ko, or if he manages to get it to the ground, he will pound on lyoto.
    For me this is a good entertaining stlye match-up and look forward to whatever happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

So there I am minding my owns business, beep beep goes the phone
    tuesday morning

"Lyoto, don't feel bad that you don't have the belt. You still have that little cotton one my nephew has."

Sonnen`s twitter, the only one I have, it is funny, free entertainment. Sonnen isnt up all night thinking of funny things to say, he is just funny on the go.

Literally no idea what you are on about.

I'm sure Sonnen appeals to those fans coming over from the WWE with his childish idiotic rants. What else could it be, , it's not like he's especially witty or anything, or anything like an exciting fighter. He just trash talks, and has had, on the balance of things, very boring fights. I'd be surprised if even a small fraction of his fans have seen him fight in anything other than the Silva one, because if they had, well, i don't think he'd have as many fans as he has.

Can't really complain as this is the fan base the UFC have worked so hard to cultivate over the years.

I will let sonnen answer this one.

"I'm sorry that the brilliance of my words goes over your heads.I'm not going to stop being an eagle just because I am surrounded by turkeys."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

If chael fights lyoto he will guaranteed pound the craap outta him, probably out box him too, trlerible match up for machida in my opinion.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement

I'm sure Sonnen appeals to those fans coming over from the WWE with his childish idiotic rants. What else could it be, , it's not like he's especially witty or anything, or anything like an exciting fighter. He just trash talks, and has had, on the balance of things, very boring fights. I'd be surprised if even a small fraction of his fans have seen him fight in anything other than the Silva one, because if they had, well, i don't think he'd have as many fans as he has.

Can't really complain as this is the fan base the UFC have worked so hard to cultivate over the years.

I see you edited your post...

Sonnen is playing a game in order to gain big fights and big money,which he is doing quite well at.You can see through his personnel history, the kind of antics he pulled.I have no problem with this, everybody tries to do it.

I am looking forward to the fight, style match up wise.

Sonnen is funny and certainly not boring outside the ring, yes within the ring he certainly doesnt have the style in the ring that "those fans coming over from the WWE" like, which is why you prob think he is boring.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I enjoy watching Sonnen fight, I don't think he's boring because he doesn't finish, he keeps busy and his aggressive style leaves him open to subs which keeps his fights interesting for me.

Plus I got a lot of respect for Sonnen's amusing trash talking after listening to David Haye's rubbish for the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

find him hilarious
    the q&a with the fans before the silva fight was some laugh
    if only he had a decent sub defence
    nobodys gonna knock the guy out when silva couldn't
    and unlike a lot trash talk spouted by others chael usually
    backs it up
    bad match up for any fighter really

Funniest guy on twitter, bar none

Here's some of his Tweets

4th Dec

Wand, you might as well fill out your own toe tag. Where is says "Cause of death," just write, "I pissed off a Gangster."

16th Dec

Submit your e-mail at greenlightdaily.com to be entered in contest to be my corneman. Not you Wand, if requires an ability to type.

10th May

I watch hockey and rugby. Anything that has a remote chance of breaking out into a fight. Which is exactly why I stopped watching George.

3rd June

Don't get me wrong; Cro Cop was a good fighter back in the day. I would have told him myself, but I was 2.

3rd June

Machida is a gentleman. MMA is very cutthroat, and it's sweet that Lyoto promised to never fight his girlfriend Anderson. That's devotion.

3rd June

I'd beat up Machida on the way to the ring to beat up Anderson, and I'll kick Nogeria's ass in the parking lot on the way to my after party.

11th June

Yushin and I go back to civilzation tomorrow. Thanks for everything, Brazil. It was like camping in Compton.

23rd June

Axe Murderer, my Ass. I'm more intimidated by Axe Body Spay.

24th June

You beat 22 men in a row over in Japan, and can't beat 2 straight in the US... Big difference when the refs not wearing an earpiece.

4th July

Lyoto, don't feel bad that you don't have the belt. You still have that little cotton one my nephew has.

Comedy Gold :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This thread is lacking the video where he is afraid to open his mouth when he is face to face with Wanderlai.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Turtyturd wrote: »
    This thread is lacking the video where he is afraid to open his mouth when he is face to face with Wanderlai.

It's just a pity it's not the Wandi of 10 years ago and it's today's Wandi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I don't like him tbh. I think he gets boring. Fair enough if he's trash talking his opponent in the run up to a fight....but he's just slabbering about anyone n everyone at the minute. Gone into overload now.

(edited) forgot to say I really dislike what he said about Lance Armstrong. Saying that anyone deserves to get cancer is just wrong. Made him look like a right prick when he was banned

SDTimeout wrote: »

Don't think calling him an immigrant was very fair.
    Tito Ortiz wrote: »
    It's just funny the way he goes about expressing his opinion, but he backs it up by the way he fights. I like the fact he is not afraid to piss Zuffa off and says what he thinks instead of the usual kissing arse that goes on !!

Really? Do youthink he backed it up against Silva? :confused: He didnt do any damage for all the time spent on top of him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Sonnen will be twice the dickhead now...he's been out of the loop too long and needs to distract people from his misdeeds. Better to be considered a cock than a cheat or a crook afterall.

Personally, i love the dude. He's comedy on legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Sonnen Vs Stann
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/24294/middleweights-chael-sonnen-vs-brian-stann-targeted-for-ufc-136-in-houston.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Feed%29&utm_content=Twitter

Very interesting one, he's not going to get away with much trash talk on Stann without becoming hated by 100% of American fans. Interesting fight, Briann hasn't fought a wrestler at 185, he got tossed around by Mr. Wonderful at 205. Looking forward to the fight not so much the bull**** that will preceed it.

Advertisement