Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonnen: Suspension up, immediately begins talking sh1t again.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Bad fight for Sonnen,could be the worst fight in MW for him

• Registered Users Posts: 39,138 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I don't seek training advice from actors for the same reason I don't seek health advice from strippers

Obvious who that one is aimed at ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Devastator wrote: »
    (edited) forgot to say I really dislike what he said about Lance Armstrong. Saying that anyone deserves to get cancer is just wrong. Made him look like a right prick when he was banned
    Really? Do youthink he backed it up against Silva? :confused: He didnt do any damage for all the time spent on top of him

I thought he said Lance brought it on himself? Which apparently could be the case with the steroid case going on with him..
    How did he not back it up? Did you see the fight? Two 10-8 rounds and two 10-9 rounds, he demolished him on the feet and took him down and kept him down at will... Nobody's done either of those to Silva, never mind both on fight night..
    He landed 279 strikes on supposedly the hardest man to hit in the UFC, if you don't think he backed it up, you must be crazy...

Yep, I think Stann is probably the worst match up for him at MW, anyone else wouldn't be too bad..

There actually won't be any trash talk about the Marines though, considering the UFC's tight with them I doubt Chael will say anything..

Mellor wrote: »
    I don't seek training advice from actors for the same reason I don't seek health advice from strippers

Obvious who that one is aimed at ;)

Anderson? He acts that he can't speak English? :rolleyes:

ScareGilly wrote: »
    I thought he said Lance brought it on himself? Which apparently could be the case with the steroid case going on with him..
    Steroids don't give you cancer. :rolleyes:
    Most cyclists are normally doped up on EPO, which isn't a steroid.
    How did he not back it up? Did you see the fight? Two 10-8 rounds and two 10-9 rounds, he demolished him on the feet and took him down and kept him down at will... Nobody's done either of those to Silva, never mind both on fight night..
    He landed 279 strikes on supposedly the hardest man to hit in the UFC, if you don't think he backed it up, you must be crazy...
    People normally discount the fight due to his failed test afterwards.
    Anderson? He acts that he can't speak English? :rolleyes:
    Well, yes and no.
    It was obvious aimed at Anderson and Machida. But he isn't calling them actors, he's talking about their advice the got from Seagal

Which is a bit stupid from Chael, the Seagal thing is obviously a joke.
    He should stick to stuff that will get a laugh and piss guys off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

He was refering to the fact that Lance likes to have candle-lit dinners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Tito Ortiz

This is a great match up for Sonnen.. He will take Stann down and pound out a decision !! The only downside is Sonnen will get sh1t if he starts talking smack about the army hero Stann :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Tito Ortiz wrote: »
    This is a great match up for Sonnen.. He will take Stann down and pound out a decision !! The only downside is Sonnen will get sh1t if he starts talking smack about the army hero Stann :rolleyes:

Not necessarily the case. Stann can wrestle too, can box, but more importantly has shown a massive improvement off his back since he joined Team Jackson. This is a bad match up for Sonnen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Sonnen is a guy I love to hate. He plays the heel great. I'll be cheering for him against Stann though. There's nothing more irritating than an overly-patriotic US marine.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

dlofnep wrote: »
    There's nothing more irritating than an overly-patriotic US marine.

A wife beating paedo who works for the bank as a debt collector and who plays his music too loud and smacks when he eats??????

• Advertisement

A wife beating paedo who works for the bank as a debt collector and who plays his music too loud and smacks when he eats??????

Well, when you put it like that - Here's hoping for a double KO.

Most cyclists are normally doped up on EPO, which isn't a steroid.
    My bad then :rolleyes:

People normally discount the fight due to his failed test afterwards.
    I can see why people would do that, but to say he didn't back it up is a joke, even if he was overusing the TRT treatment..

Well, yes and no.
    It was obvious aimed at Anderson and Machida. But he isn't calling them actors, he's talking about their advice the got from Seagal

Which is a bit stupid from Chael, the Seagal thing is obviously a joke.
    He should stick to stuff that will get a laugh and piss guys off

I knew that, it was a bit of a joke on my behalf due to Chael calling Anderson an actor :rolleyes: But I agree, piss off more fighters.. Not Seagal..

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/07/07/backstage-with-chael-sonnen/

Chael's 20 minute interview with the little mermaid.

Fairly ****e tbh. Just an unfunny rant about Wandy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Xlami wrote: »

Very enjoyable Tbh. Helwani is the best interviewer in MMA also.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

I've little or no time for Chael. I tend to consider respect and civility to be pretty important, and his constant flow of thrash-talk runs more than a little contrary to it. I know that some people find that type of thing adds to the fights, but it just doesn't appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Helwani is a good interviewer yes but far from the best. IMO he was a ****ing disgrace in that video. Chael was disrespecting legends off the sport and Ariel was too much of a coward to stick up for them. He didn't once challenge Chael on any of the bull**** he spouted. Even when Chael said he beat Anderson the little mermaid just sat there with a big grin on his face because he knew the coverage this interview would get. Helwani seems to want to befriend everyone and is happy to be lied to by fighters. Guys like McNeill, Gross and Morgan wouldn't have put up with Chael's ****e because they are more concerned with good quality reporting then the views on a video.

I don't like him at all.. Tito put him firmly in his place the last day, that was brilliant..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Sonnen has already show he is too savvy to talk **** about a Marine in the current climate.
    I ask Brazil for a fight, and Machida answers.I ask for a REAL fight, and a Marine steps up.I see you hiding Lyoto, and I won't forget this.

Dude is very clever, and adept at keeping his options open. If he loses to Stann he keeps the viability of a fight with Lyoto alive because Lyoto wasn't off his radar. Line up a few things about being honoured to lose to a hero, weight cut blahdiblah and boom...another big fight for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sonnen is a guy I love to hate. He plays the heel great. I'll be cheering for him against Stann though. There's nothing more irritating than an overly-patriotic US marine.

The nerve of him. Serving his Country and being proud of it. Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Chael Sonnen, the most interesting man on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

HAHAHA classic Sonnen. When Sonnen starts a story with "True Story..." you know its gonna be good. The Nog twins feeding and petting a bus haha. I'm a fan of Sonnen, ya talks ****e but I find him highly entertaining. Can't see him going to brazil for UFC 134 tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Would love to see how he gets on now with no búllshít HRT..... or will he be back on it?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

or will he be back on it?

S.

He'll have to apply for an exemption in the State he is fighting in.

Tito Ortiz wrote: »
    The only downside is Sonnen will get sh1t if he starts talking smack about the army hero Stann :rolleyes:
    He's never going to do that. He's a republican so he is very much pro-military. I imagine he'll be pretty respectful of his marine background.
    There's nothing more irritating than an overly-patriotic US marine.
    Id Stann overly Patriotic? Or do the UFC bill him as a former marine, the two are very different
    I can see why people would do that, but to say he didn't back it up is a joke, even if he was overusing the TRT treatment..
    I agree. I certainly not in the "doesn't count, he was on steroids camp"
    I think he would had a chance clean, but if he gets a rematch, Silva will just adapt and not get caught. And pull off some savage KO.
    I knew that, it was a bit of a joke on my behalf due to Chael calling Anderson an actor :rolleyes: But I agree, piss off more fighters.. Not Seagal..
    Agreed. Can't stand Seagal getting any more exposure. Wish he'd go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭RoboRat

The more I see of him the more I think he is a very shrewd operator. Yes he is arrogant, cocky and disrespectful but you need to stand out from the crowd to get the big fights and you can do that by being the best fighter, being a pioneer or being completely unpredictable. In entertainment, any publicity is good publicity and he is like the Michael O'Leary of MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

RoboRat wrote: »
    The more I see of him the more I think he is a very shrewd operator. Yes he is arrogant, cocky and disrespectful but you need to stand out from the crowd to get the big fights and you can do that by being the best fighter, being a pioneer or being completely unpredictable. In entertainment, any publicity is good publicity and he is like the Michael O'Leary of MMA.

I have my doubts about how shrewd he is.

He is incredibly good at creating interest in his fights making him very shrewd.

His dealings with commision and his real estate licence being revoked make me question then how shrewd he is.

A fascinating guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Xlami wrote: »

Fairly sh*te? Did you even watch it? It was amazing - this guy knows how to cut a promo.
    Amazing clip!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I have my doubts about how shrewd he is.

He is incredibly good at creating interest in his fights making him very shrewd.

His dealings with commision and his real estate licence being revoked make me question then how shrewd he is.

A fascinating guy.

True, im looking at his ability to create interest for his fights, his 'persona' per say and his self marketing. This thread has gone to 4 pages already so he is a bit of a marmite fighter... love him or loathe him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Id Stann overly Patriotic? Or do the UFC bill him as a former marine, the two are very different

Does it really matter? Only an overly sensitive crybaby would get offended by a Former Marine showing pride in his service and his Country.

Advertisement