Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The problem with StreetFighter.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

3hitcombo.fr is already a French FG site so no. Blockstring, counterhit etc. are too hardcore (though the foots.ie one is awesome).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Inferno is easy to brand.

It doesn't have to be fighting game related, we make it a fighting game brand, not the other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Inferno is easy to brand.

It doesn't have to be fighting game related, we make it a fighting game brand, not the other way round.

AllAboutSairus.ie it is then.

But yes, I do agree with this. I'm not gone on Inferno specifically though.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Sairus wrote: »
    Something along the lines of RoundOne sounds good, but that's a terribly boring name.
    QuarterCircle is probably my favourite of the lot, but it sounds like it's missing something, and QuarterCircleForward is too long.

Yea that's pretty much my feelings on QuarterCircle, using QuarterCircleBack just makes me go 'why not forward...' for some reason and as you said, forward is too long, shame QCF is gone :(

Have to agree about 'Round1' 'RoundOne' though, numbers/letters cause confusion and confusion causes less visits imo.

Perhaps a mod should edit the title of the thread to something like "New website for the Irish fighting game community." to get people who play MK, Tekken, MVC and BB to read the thread, get their input on it too.

ButtonCheck is probably another one that could be used, the domain is free and it happens in all fighting games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Letting Foots.ie and Toast.ie go to waste is a sin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Naphiel wrote: »
    Letting Foots.ie and Toast.ie go to waste is a sin.

Just don't suggest goats.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

FinishHim.ie is available (and impossible to say without doing the voice)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

sounds like a cumshot site.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

>Use Round1.ie
    >Have StreetFighter.ie and RoundOne.ie redirect
    >???
    >Profit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

foots.ie

sounds like a foot therapist
    or a foot cream website

how about channelsix.ie

or channel[nummber].ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I like Roundone and Quartercircle

Roundonefight/Round1fight could be good too. (also nicely abbreviates to R1F.ie)

I definitely understand peoples' bias against the website though.

Assuming the scene had worked out differently, and I had just encountered you guys for the first time at a recent con, if someone had told me:

"Yeah we have Street Fighter tournaments all the time, just come to our website www.tekken.ie"

I'd have been like "Pffft, screw that"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A major +1 for "Round1.ie"

It's easy to remember, it's catchy and it's a phrase that most fighting game fans will be familiar with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

GetHype.ie.

I think this would be the most flexible site name to cater for multiple games and its hype;).

Its available too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Love it ayjayirl

winner.jpg

Yeah, I think AyJay has it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If we do rebrand the site I agree that we should now host our own forums and have general fighting game news on the front page as well as our own announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

This thread annoys me.

If we do rebrand the site I agree that we should now host our own forums and have general fighting game news on the front page as well as our own announcements.

I would also be for this, particularly the forums.
    This thread annoys me.

Why? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I think external forums are a waste of resources tbh.
    Its been tried in the past for other games and people still keep coming back to boards and the other forums die.
    The benefits of having a little extra freedom of speech are negated by regular security updates and anti spam measurements and regular maintenance.
    Plus your looking at a good chunk of money to buy a decent forum system, for example the software NeoEmpire runs on is $285, a lot of the free solutions get exploited pretty quickly.
    Unless theres a really convincing argument for having our own forums I don't see any need to move away from boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

PPC wrote: »
    I don't see any need to move away from boards.ie

Agreed, most Irish people who are even semi computer literate already have a boards account, so no need to sign up to a new board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

PPC wrote: »
    I think external forums are a waste of resources tbh

I agree.

It would be a giant workload, for little or no (or negative!) gain.

Also there's a good chance an Irish person already has a boards.ie account.
    I certainly didn't set up this one with the stupid name to talk about Street Fighter, but that's how it ended up being most used.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I think get hype is an awful name. Totally agreed with PPC with regards to the forum remaining on boards too. That argument has been done to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Eureka!

FightingDemocracy.ie

Now no-one can complain.....end of discussion.

@Mod:Close thread please.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I actually quite like fightingdemocracy.

Also, I'm a no on our own forums, and if we went down that route no way would I mod them knowing what I know (this may not be such a loss to some people though :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ken B wrote: »
    Eureka!

FightingDemocracy.ie

Now no-one can complain.....end of discussion.

@Mod:Close thread please.
    Democratically, RoundOne is winning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'm pullin a Xinkai if the name changes to either of those lads :pac:

Explain yourself pal =P

I actually quite like fightingdemocracy.

More then www.airthrow.ie ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I think get hype is an awful name.

Why?

It is game related without being game specific and as a name for an Irish fighting scene portal, I think it works quite well.

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Why?

It is game related without being game specific and as a name for an Irish fighting scene portal, I think it works quite well.

I only tend to hear that term in the fighting game scene, so Id consider it part of the lingo. A lot of up and comers wont know what it means, just my 2 cents

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

saltyhypepringles.ie

Advertisement