Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS250 Set Up

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 antomag

when i ok install periph it comes back with "1" on the display, what should i do then if i go ok nothing happens if i go no it goes out of eng mode

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭altor

antomag wrote: »
    Altor im half afraid to connect the batt back up...i know it is the only way to go.... how do you flash the panel.....i am familiar with upgrading software on phone systems....and how do i get the software

Only an installer or UTC would have this. It is a flash card that goes onto the panel and upgrades the software. I would get it flashed as some of the older panels had problems with different issues.

You need the back up battery, connect it and see what happens. I would think it was more to do with communications with the keypad than the battery.

Altor im half afraid to connect the batt back up...i know it is the only way to go.... how do you flash the panel.....i am familiar with upgrading software on phone systems....and how do i get the software

Only an installer or UTC would have this. It is a flash card that goes onto the panel and upgrades the software. I would get it flashed as some of the older panels had problems with different issues.

You need the back up battery, connect it and see what happens. I would think it was more to do with communications with the keypad than the battery.

when i ok install periph it comes back with "1" on the display, what should i do then if i go ok nothing happens if i go no it goes out of eng mode

It is just telling you it is communicating with 1 device which is the keypad. It is correct what it is doing.

altor are you in position to upgrade software, i am in clonsilla area

• Advertisement

altor are you in position to upgrade software, i am in clonsilla area

More than happy to, sent you a P.M

altor just one question, will flashing the panel default the system, will it have to be programmed again

altor just one question, will flashing the panel default the system, will it have to be programmed again

Yes, with the system flash it will come back on defaulted with the new version installed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Kool when you say aux power do you mean keypad voltage or the power for PIRS
    Either or both. They should be around the same.

kool just to let you know i connected the batt back up after no problems on just mains. within 20 minutes it went again, no lights or display on keypad. tested voltages on keypad while it was dead and still getting 13.7 volts on keypad but dead as a doornail. as of now still dead and cant get it back. getting panel a software upgrade to see if that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Have you tried a new battery? Could be the battery is faulty and is drawing the power from the panel when connected.

i havn't but now the keypad is dead with batt disconnected and mains on.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd be trying a new battery here either way.

Looks like it was the keypad. Had Altor out. What a tradesman. He is one of the best tradesmen i have come accross. Sorted me out with a software upgrade and a new keypad. price was great. I cannot recommend this guy highly enough.

Looks like it was the keypad. Had Altor out. What a tradesman. He is one of the best tradesmen i have come accross. Sorted me out with a software upgrade and a new keypad. price was great. I cannot recommend this guy highly enough.

Thanks antomag,

All part of my days work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

How much did he charge you?

How much would you charge for a new keypad, flash of system and reprogram ?

how much would you charge Fred ?

Not going to give price here, but saw keypads for sale on a uk site and altors price was actually better. But it was more than the price i was impressed with, it was his knowledge and his helpfullness. Like I said i cannot recommend this more highly> Its great being a diy alarm installer at home, but when i have to call a pro it will be altor i call

Altor just to say the alarm is till working fine, thanks again

• Advertisement

Altor just to say the alarm is till working fine, thanks again

Thanks for getting back to us antomag, I would of being surprised if you did :D
    If you ever have any problems, more than happy to help.

Advertisement