Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS250 Set Up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 antomag

all good it reset itself after disarming....thanks again for all the help

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

antomag wrote: »
    all good it reset itself after disarming....thanks again for all the help

Your welcome, if you have any other problems you know where we are :D

came close to chucking it in bin, but thanks to you guys i have a good alarm again

came close to chucking it in bin, but thanks to you guys i have a good alarm again

Thats what we are here for :D

It is a good system. I use to love installing the CS250, option for wire free also.

thanks to the great help here i installed my cs250 and all has been great for 3 weeks. Last night the internal sounder and only the internal sounder went off, went to knock it off but the keypad was dead, it stopped after the cut off time. done nothing with it last night but keypad was dead. this mornibg keypad is back to life, when i try to set alarm it said BUS TAMP FLT.........now 20 minutes later all seems ok but i put it in eng mode just so it does not go off, any ideas

• Advertisement

as i said above all seems ok now but i left it in eng mode, iknow the message means some problem with connection of keypad. it cant be a person so should i just check that the connection at keypad and panel are secure, dont think there can be any damage in between

thanks to the great help here i installed my cs250 and all has been great for 3 weeks. Last night the internal sounder and only the internal sounder went off, went to knock it off but the keypad was dead, it stopped after the cut off time. done nothing with it last night but keypad was dead. this mornibg keypad is back to life, when i try to set alarm it said BUS TAMP FLT.........now 20 minutes later all seems ok but i put it in eng mode just so it does not go off, any ideas

A bus fault is related to any device connected to it. The keypad being dead would be a problem with the cable going to it. Checking these connections should solve the problem.

as i said above all seems ok now but i left it in eng mode, iknow the message means some problem with connection of keypad. it cant be a person so should i just check that the connection at keypad and panel are secure, dont think there can be any damage in between

It could be an problem with one of the cores in the cable connected to the keypad. I have seen this happen on cables caught in the keypad.

i used new cores to keypad and set the alarm last night, at 5 this morning internal siren went and keypad is dead again. no sign of it coming back... had to go out this mornibg...when i opened door internal went off again keypad still dead... moved keypad up to panel new 2 foot cable still dead, as temp measure had to kill power disconnect batt and allow external to ring out, this is doing my head. safe to say its not the cable

i used new cores to keypad and set the alarm last night, at 5 this morning internal siren went and keypad is dead again. no sign of it coming back... had to go out this mornibg...when i opened door internal went off again keypad still dead... moved keypad up to panel new 2 foot cable still dead, as temp measure had to kill power disconnect batt and allow external to ring out, this is doing my head. safe to say its not the cable

It could be a fault with the keypad. Can you bring the other one back and get a replacement ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you check the battery?
    The panel puts a load across the battery as a test at regular intervals.
    If the battery is low or dead it can register bus tamp or could be drawing power from the panel.
    Power up on mains only

ok it powered up on mains only, on the keypad i have a green power light and a flashing yellow trouble light. i presume this is to tell me batt is not connected. i will leave it like this for a couple of days to see if that is the trouble and if so get a new battery. teh battery is a year old but while i was changing over alarms it was not connected for a few days but it has been ok for the last 3 weeks,

ok it powered up on mains only, on the keypad i have a green power light and a flashing yellow trouble light. i presume this is to tell me batt is not connected. i will leave it like this for a couple of days to see if that is the trouble and if so get a new battery. teh battery is a year old but while i was changing over alarms it was not connected for a few days but it has been ok for the last 3 weeks,

The panel checks for the voltage coming from the battery, if it drops below a certain level it will come up as low battery and the yellow light will flash. Since this is only showing a fault now after a couple of weeks from the install it could be the control panel or the keypad causing the fault. What connections are you using in the control panel for the keypad ?

on panel im using connector 2 marked data output ( 01010) to same on keypad and then the connectors 3 marked + and - and connected to same on keypad. When it happened the other day the key pad was completely dead but came back after a while on power up but when tried to set it i got the BUS TAMP so checked wiring and all was ok. When it went this morning keypad was dead again, moved it up to panel on 2 foot of new wire and it would not come up. tried as Kool said to power it up with batt disconnected and it came up. with the battery now off i can set alarm but it comes back with FUSE Ft Batt. this i assume is because i have the batt disconnected. i might leave as is to see how it is for a few days. As i said the battery is about a year to a year and 6 months in old alarm and was then not connected to anything for a few days while i changed over

Kool i know you said low or dead battery can register as BUS TAMP but would it cause the keypad to loose all power

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the battery is very low it can. There is also a fault with some CS250s not charging batteries correctly.
    Do you have access to a multi meter?
    If so check the battery voltage while disconnected & also check the charge voltage on the battery leads.

on panel im using connector 2 marked data output ( 01010) to same on keypad and then the connectors 3 marked + and - and connected to same on keypad. When it happened the other day the key pad was completely dead but came back after a while on power up but when tried to set it i got the BUS TAMP so checked wiring and all was ok. When it went this morning keypad was dead again, moved it up to panel on 2 foot of new wire and it would not come up. tried as Kool said to power it up with batt disconnected and it came up. with the battery now off i can set alarm but it comes back with FUSE Ft Batt. this i assume is because i have the batt disconnected. i might leave as is to see how it is for a few days. As i said the battery is about a year to a year and 6 months in old alarm and was then not connected to anything for a few days while i changed over

It still does not explain why the keypad went dead. The fuses are re-settable on the CS250.
    Can you go into installation, install peripherals. If there is a problem with the enrolling of the keypad you could also get a bus fault. Can you also check the version of software on the panel, it should be on the main board on a sticker.

i will check all this tomorrow, it has now been on for over 6 hours with no problem with batt disconnected. i will sheck voltages and software etc tomorrow

i will check all this tomorrow, it has now been on for over 6 hours with no problem with batt disconnected. i will sheck voltages and software etc tomorrow

Do, as it seems strange how it worked for a couple of weeks and now you are having problems. Keep us informed.

thanks again lads i will check and let you know tomorrow. if it goes off tonight i think i will be shot. do you think i should put in in eng mode over night just in case

• Advertisement

thanks again lads i will check and let you know tomorrow. if it goes off tonight i think i will be shot. do you think i should put in in eng mode over night just in case

I would leave it as it is and see what happens, at lease your there to turn it off if needs be :D

except when it happens keypad is dead so cant turn it off

except when it happens keypad is dead so cant turn it off

That could be a problem :p
    I would also check the log to see what the event that is activating the alarm is when you get a chance.

OK the batt has been disconnected for over 2 days and the alarm has worked perfectly. The softyware sticker says v1.4A. the voltage on the batt when disconnected is 12.94 v, the leads for the batt has 13.7v the connections for keypad has 13.77 volts, these are all with batt disconnected......with the batt connected there is 13.72v accross keypad and 13.68v accross batt.

any ideas it has been perfect without the batt connected

Strange..
    I presume you measured the battery voltage prior to reconnecting it to the panel..
    Try Run it on the battery alone for an hour or 2. And see if it holds up .
    Also measure the Aux power etc while on battery only.

altor what do you mean bu install periph, when i go to this it just says 1

Kool when you say aux power do you mean keypad voltage or the power for PIRS

OK the batt has been disconnected for over 2 days and the alarm has worked perfectly. The softyware sticker says v1.4A. the voltage on the batt when disconnected is 12.94 v, the leads for the batt has 13.7v the connections for keypad has 13.77 volts, these are all with batt disconnected......with the batt connected there is 13.72v accross keypad and 13.68v accross batt.

any ideas it has been perfect without the batt connected

I would say it was more so to do with communication from the keypad and panel. The software could do with being flashed to the 1.9 version.

altor what do you mean bu install periph, when i go to this it just says 1

The reason I asked you to do this was it enrolls the keypad to the system.

• Advertisement

Altor im half afraid to connect the batt back up...i know it is the only way to go.... how do you flash the panel.....i am familiar with upgrading software on phone systems....and how do i get the software

Advertisement