Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Pet Peeves Do You Have?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SooooBored

You are so in the wrong here. And you're calling him stingy when having to hand over the 40 cent YOU OWED HIM 'wrecked your nite'?!

Christ.

Relax will ye and dont take the lords name in vain.
    Fact is im not wrong, i just expressed my opinion and i did pay the entire fare.
    Normally if the fare is 18 or 19 euro i will round it up to 20 and if it is a couple of cents over 20 the taxi man always rounds it down to 20, it's an unwritten rule.

If you reply to this your goina have a **** christmas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

People in front of you in the shop ,when they get to the till realize they have forgotten something and disappear for 5 minutes looking for item.

When someone picks food from your plate without asking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

People who don't replace the toilet roll - especially in work.

The surge of people trying to get onto my bus home in the evenings..... seriously I have been in the middle of thousands of metal fans trying to get a pit pass and the bus "queue" is probably worse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Cubicles that don't have locks on them. WTF is that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

The unbearable sound of someone with a blocked nose eating. I have even been annoyed at myself a few times. If I had the balls I could have punched myself in the face while eating a sandwich.

Spellchecker on boards and other sites which doesn't like the word honour and favour etc. (Americanised) <---- doesn't agree with this either, wants me to use 'z'. Ahh ffs. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Volume settings must be even numbers, i.e. 18; 20; 22, although 15; 25; 35 is acceptable for some reason.

Never is it ok for the setting to be at 17; 19 or 21! :mad::mad::mad:

Also don't ever, EVER, fcuk with my music and that includes radio presets and sound settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Maybe its been posted before but I see red when people talk about "the Police" here in Ireland.
    Is it too hard for people to say Garda, really!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

bbam wrote: »
    Maybe its been posted before but I see red when people talk about "the Police" here in Ireland.

An Garda Siochana, nach ea? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Volume settings must be even numbers, i.e. 18; 20; 22, although 15; 25; 35 is acceptable for some reason.

Also don't ever, EVER, fcuk with my music and that includes radio presets and sound settings.

I'm not the only one!
    bbam wrote: »

What if they're talking about the band? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Cubicles with Tissue Paper as opposed to Tissue Roll.

Whoever deemed it appropriate that Paper is more efficient at wiping holes than Roll must never have experienced excrement covered fingers during the wiping procedure. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    People who stack plates horizontally when they do wash up, so the plates don't drain.

What kind of f*ckwits do this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Broken biscuits at the top of a new packet. Straight in the bin! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Are you me? That is freaky :eek: everyone else thinks I`m a weirdo. Yea we`re the ones who are right their the weird`s.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭seaniemoylan

a lot from facebook
    people who have a pic of their squirmy faced newborn as their profile pic and all the lies that follow."he is gorgeous"etc..no he is not.
    text speak,"ave a gud 1" for **** sake just say have a good one:mad:
    people "checking in".-nobody cares where the **** you are
    people who refer to their child as "my little man"

sunglasses when there is no sun-you dont look cool you look like a p***k.
    frankie cocoazza or whatever his name is - i would shake the s**t out of the little skinny runt.
    tea bags in the sink - how do people imagine they are going to get from the sink to the bin i wonder?.
    people who bang doors.
    people who constantly jingle their car keys in their hand.bugs the s**t out of me.
    people who say "whoop whoop" on facebook.
    women (especially when in pairs)who walk straight through you on the footpath when out walking.-one of these days lady i am going to blow you into the ditch with a belt of a shoulder:mad:.
    celebrities- what has become of society at all:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Couples who splash their relationship problems around on Facebook with constant relationship status changes that they don't delete from their news feed, loving the attention :/

When people borrow books and never give them back. I love lending people books, as I want to talk to them about it after, but I have gone off it now due to the many, many books I haven't got back.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Also, I hate the feel of kitchen roll. Makes my skin crawl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

People that block up your newsfeed by "liking" every single facebook page,

People who don't say thanks when you hold open a door.

Also, when people, particularly a group, walk slowly in front of you and you can't get past- whenever I finally get the opportunity to pass I always do it very quickly, with a sigh, making them feel bad!

When people hold up a queue by deciding to get their money out when they get to the top of the queue rather than getting it out when they're waiting :mad:

Snobby people on nights out.
    Dry people on nights out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

I hate -when people scrape crumbs after buttering toast back into the tub of butter..

- When people mix up there /their /they're..

- when check out staff start flinging the next persons groceries through when you're still
    packing yours as fast as you can..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

People who don't close doors properly, just pull them to.

FUCKING CLOSE IT PROPERLY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

Cats, cant stand cats

• Advertisement

Weak handshakes, fapping, and people who lose their purse...

At least the people who do the second thing on your list won't do the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

People who wait for the bus by standing in the middle of the footpath as opposed to at the kerb or by the wall. It's worse when they don't even notice they are in the way.

People who rush to the door of the bus as soon as it stops so that there is no room for you to step off.

People who stand up to get off the bus at the stop before the one they want causing the driver to keep the doors open only for them to slow down and just stand there.

In the cinema, people who graze on sweets from a crinkly plastic bag throughout the entire film.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

And people who text or check their phones during a film so you can see their bright flashy screen in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

People who wait for the bus by standing in the middle of the footpath as opposed to at the kerb or by the wall. It's worse when they don't even notice they are in the way.

Especially those who stand on a cycle path in front of the stop on a slope *cough cough stillorgan rd*
    Happens at every stop, people just aren't very smart or else they don't know what to do with themselves when theyre not doing anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

People that talk in acronyms. OMG, we went into SKC last night and it was 'AMAZEBALLS' (another f*cking grater - grrrrr). ROFL, FML... Oh f*ck off!! It's very annoying and results in me having to google the bloody letters. Whatever happened to talking like a normal person?!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When people around the same age as me (or younger!) refer to me as 'kid'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

robman60 wrote: »
    This topic has probably been made before, but anyway.

What are those little things that annoy the **** out of you?

Mine:
    1. People who say "I seen" and "I done". Seriously, this is the most annoying thing ever. I mean, it's not any more difficult to say "I saw" and "I did".
    Also people who never use capital letters. I mean, it can make a big difference to a sentence; just one example of that can be seen below:

"I helped my Uncle Jack off his horse".
    "I helped my uncle jack off his horse".

This omission of a capital letter in Jack can make you appear as a creep who may perpetrate horrible actions against a poor helpless animal.

2. People who are always scabbing money, and never pay back. I mean, you wanted to go to the shop, so where's your money?

3. When people leave a phone charger plugged in and have taken away the phone. This drives me insane, 'nuff said.

4. When those inlaws whom you barely know visit. I swear I feel so awkward when this happens. I try to just appear as if I'm making tea or something the whole time.

Is **** off a horse really a horrible act against a poor helpless animal. Its not in the same league as torturing it or shooting it although that could prove rather kinky in its own way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Badly folded newspapers get on my tits in a big way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Noisy eaters.

It can make me seriously weirded out to hear people eating with mouth open, inhaling foods or making any overtly noise when eating >_<

I came to post this. slurpers and mouth breathers need to gtfo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Shiner11

What really pisses me off is when some1 pisses all over d toilet seat and u have to wipe it before u want to go for a shít. It's a disgusting sight and FFS it doesn't take a whole pile of effort to reach down and lift it up before u use it!!!!

Advertisement