Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Pet Peeves Do You Have?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭doulikeit

When some one opens a door or let's you out in traffic and you acknowledge them and they give you a dirty look as if they have just donated you one there fcuken kidneys ,id rather wait u tit your a martyr well done

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭leinster_fan

I don't know if this is just a Sky News thing, but it frequently makes me want to smash my tv...when the presenters pronounce 'sixth' as 'sikth'.
    I can actually feel my blood pressure beginning to boil from just thinking about it!

Also, when people in my office ignore a ringing phone. Seriously, how hard is it to pick up the phone and say the person isn't there and take a message?

Or in a taxi...my fare home from town would usually be between €9 and €11. If it's between €9 & €10, I'll always let them have the change. So surely, if it's marginally over €10, they should just take the €10?
    I've had many drivers stop and go 'that's €10.10 please'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SooooBored

Or in a taxi...my fare home from town would usually be between €9 and €11. If it's between €9 & €10, I'll always let them have the change. So surely, if it's marginally over €10, they should just take the €10?
    I've had many drivers stop and go 'that's €10.10 please'.

:mad: Got a taxi home a while ago. The fare was €20.40, so i says to him (more told him) is €20 alrite with the note in hand. He points at the meter and says ''the fare is €20.40''. I hand him €20.50.....eye ball him and says ''too f*cking rite i want my 10cent back ya b*llocks''. Wrecked my nite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

People who don't wash their hands in pubs. Thanks for spreading your piss and **** on the door handle you tools.

Hypocrites, snobbery and bad manners.
    Stinginess. Has to be the most unattractive thing in anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

SooooBored wrote: »
    :mad: Got a taxi home a while ago. The fare was €20.40, so i says to him (more told him) is €20 alrite with the note in hand. He points at the meter and says ''the fare is €20.40''. I hand him €20.50.....eye ball him and says ''too f*cking rite i want my 10cent back ya b*llocks''. Wrecked my nite

I fail to see what he did wrong.

They keep short changing me. One went so far as to hand me my change and say 'close enough', I obviously presumed he was charging me a small bit less, not deciding to take more than the fare and tell me it was 'close enough'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Something that is really annoying me at the moment is womens lunch habits in work. Whether its getting a pizza with a DIET Coke, or bringing in a load of leaves in a lunchbox, women seem to think lunch is a chance to make a statement of sorts. "Look at me, I'm having a salad. Come the weekend I'll be out on the piss and downing a kebab, but I have a salad. Would you like some salad? Are you sure?"

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

The Loose/lose fiasco of the early 21st century.

people who use "ha" as a full stop. i.e gown ou wih deh lads teni ha gettin recked ha

text speak , bonus points if its spelled wrong on purpose but contains as many letters as it would have

That Irish mentality of "You're trying something new ? ya wierdo ."

facebook invites to your crap club that you rep , and by rep i mean they give you a discount on drinks so you can stand outside and you most likely lose money doing it because the club owners are shafting you .

People who's personality is based on the flavour of the week , their conversations are normally about that new song ,show or gadget.

Twitter , A site made for narcissistic shytebags

those alias' edgy art students take , usually their middle names

Anything Irish, pro tip: Its usually substandard

orange peel left on tables , i cant explain it but it drives me mental

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

- noisy eaters
    - slurpers
    - just because you are in a car doesn't mean you are invisible to STOP poking your nose
    - parents who let their kids run riot in restaurants and shops
    - text speak on emails, on facebook etc does my head in
    - people who wear PJ's all day in and outside of the house :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

People who eat with there mouth open

People who talk/laugh loudly on the train

People who stand too close in a queue (so when i move my arm i elbow them :mad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

First world problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

A cold wet shower curtain clinging to your body :mad:

Sandwich shop staff who ask you if you want butter and when you say yes, they pur margarine on it. FFS

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I fail to see what he did wrong.

They keep short changing me. One went so far as to hand me my change and say 'close enough', I obviously presumed he was charging me a small bit less, not deciding to take more than the fare and tell me it was 'close enough'.

40 poxy cent and he has a fanny attack about it. Is 40 cent really goina make a difference to his end of night takings. And all those who are thinking of replying ''well it all adds up in the end'' or ''he has to make a living'' can p*ss off
    oldyouth wrote: »
    A cold wet shower curtain clinging to your body :mad:

Possibly the worst thing ever on your skin, its horrible

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Bono and Geldof. Two overbearing know- alls .

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭luvnit!

People who say happy belated birthday on facebook when its actually belated happy birthday!

saying happy belated birthday would mean their birthday was late, it wasnt you were just late saying it!!!!

really annoys me, petty i know!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

People who slag off Bono, Geldof etc. Easy targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

People that say pet peeves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

40 poxy cent and he has a fanny attack about it. Is 40 cent really goina make a difference to his end of night takings. And all those who are thinking of replying ''well it all adds up in the end'' or ''he has to make a living'' can p*ss off

Yes, obviously it will. I have been short changed about 3/5 times I have gotten a taxi and I am naturally ****ing sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

People who complain excessively about the weather, particularly those who pre-emptively complain about the possibility of it snowing during the coldest part of the winter.

Living in Ireland, how do you not expect bad weather, and what is complaining about it non-stop going to achieve?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

old hippy wrote: »
    People who slag off Bono, Geldof etc. Easy targets.
    Still hurting? Of course they are easy targets they are so obvious .They never ask...it's one way traffic.He (Bono) imparting his great wisdom to the Multitudes . Geldof is at least interesting .As icons they are Fair Game.

• Advertisement

People who think books aren't worth reading

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Yes, obviously it will. I have been short changed about 3/5 times I have gotten a taxi and I am naturally ****ing sick of it.

What are ya talking bout. Im saying the taxi man/men was/are a scaby stinge......so are you?

Fool me once shame on you........fool me twice, shame on me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

You are so in the wrong here. And you're calling him stingy when having to hand over the 40 cent YOU OWED HIM 'wrecked your nite'?!

Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Queue jumpers
    Cars going through the green man
    people in cars having a good poke
    people who dont hold the door even though they see you coming
    rude people
    stingy people
    staff that hop on you the minute you walk in the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

- Obnoxious parking, especially people who park in disabled spots
    - Sheep mentality, for example jay walking in the city centre. I'm noticing this more and more, people are literally unconscious and don't even think twice about checking for oncoming traffic, oh the people in front are crossing, I'll go too.
    - Parents letting kids run wild in restaurants and pubs
    - Lack of decent customer service in this country, and the general acceptance of this
    - People who don't listen and just want to talk about themselves
    - Retarded 1st replies in after hours trying to be hilarious..oh thank me, thank me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

that spa on either setanta or rte who kept pronouncing Thompson as with the 'h'..(ie the same way you'd pronounce 'those').it is silent...fcking silent 'h' it is !!

People who use the word "spa"

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

noisy eaters and noisy breathers....gggggrrrrrrrrhhhhh.........:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

People who put their e-mail address in their email signature & the word 'brolly'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Blacks in the jacks.

The assumption that everyone gives a damn about football and/or rugby and care how the international teams do in tournaments or whether we get into them at all.

"Stupid Man Syndrome" in tv ads that still exists to this day.

Alcohol not available after 10pm.

Alcohol not available 24/7.

Weed still illegal.

Abortion still illegal.

Phil Lynott, Gary Moore and Rory Gallagher are dead.

Louis Walsh still alive.

Being told that Irish is my language even though I don't speak a word of it, don't know anyone who speaks it apart from my long dead Grandad, never needed it and never will.

Hatred of Dubliners because they're from Dublin.

The assumption that Dublin only has two accents, D4 (no-one from D4 sounds like that) and knacker.

Non-Dubliners who think I give a ****e about how many times their county has won their cute little sports game final thing.

People in general.

Advertisement