Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-baked Republican Presidential Fruitcakes (and fellow confections)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Custardpi wrote: »
    Would you not agree though that it's become way overused in the past while? I've seen it applied to even the most reasonable of critics of radical feminism for example. Not everyone who has different ideas to you is a social outcast, no matter how much you might like to project that image onto them. I've no time for the "red pill" crowd either, much of their rhetoric simply bores me to tears. However, the use of lazy ad hominems in this & any other context I've always felt said more about the user than anything he/she was trying to attack, giving the intended target reflected credibility by default, since it fails to analyse or refute in even the most superficial way their ideas (which may well be deeply flawed).

Yeah, I suppose it was lazy of me to joke about "neckbeards". I just think that the "neo-reactionary" nonsense that ROK (and "redpillers" in general) peddles does have appeal to a bigoted social outcast who spends his time on the ugliest parts of 4chan (hence my comment about "neckbeards") complaining about non-whites and women, much like how jihadi propaganda would appeal to an alienated Muslim.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Bristolscale7

Death predicts whether people vote for Donald Trump
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/03/04/death-predicts-
    whether-people-vote-for-donald-trump/
    In every state except Massachusetts, the counties with high rates of white mortality were the same counties that turned out to vote for Drumpf.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Death predicts whether people vote for Donald Trump
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/03/04/death-predicts-
    whether-people-vote-for-donald-trump/

Which states have immortals?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

silverharp wrote: »

New York has at least one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

robdonn wrote: »

there was a couple of unconfirmed cases way back when in the middle East but otherwise its been hovering around 100% since like forever :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

robdonn wrote: »
    there was a couple of unconfirmed cases way back when in the middle East but otherwise its been hovering around 100% since like forever :pac:

I presume L. Ron Hubbard is still sort-of-attached to California, while still continuing the 'aul research on another planet?

I can't wait for his report back.

druss wrote: »
    I presume L. Ron Hubbard is still sort-of-attached to California, while still continuing the 'aul research on another planet?

I can't wait for his report back.

It's shaping up to be a great report but it'll cost you a pretty penny if you want to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

In what world is Cruz a saner option for the Republicans then Trump, it just shows what a sham of a party they are, cant be bought? "we dont want you". Here, we'll put forward this utter lunatic..

Life at conception

With the general election now past, come January several newly elected pro-life champions will be joining the fight on Capitol Hill for a Life at Conception Act. One of those champions will be Ted Cruz from Texas whose strong support for the Life at Conception Act contributed to his success.

No abortion for rape of incest, birth control is abortion.

Cruz, like Akin, opposes abortion for victims of rape and incest. He also labels forms of contraception such as Plan B ‘abortifacients’, which isn’t scientifically or medically correct. At the Value Voters Summit last fall, Cruz repeatedly referred to contraception as ‘abortion-inducing drugs.’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Cruz made me start wanting trump to win. Was on stage with a pastor who is ok with killing gay people and then pretended he knew nothing about the man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Bristolscale7

Oh yeah, Cruz is a turbo-christian ****head. He believes in End Times and talks about Israel and the second coming and ****e like that. ****ing scary. Trump is a racist meglomaniac--a neo fascist in other words. I think the corporate bot Hillary has a better chance against Cruz than Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Watched an episode of the Apprentice yesterday. Trump is portrayed a lot nicer in the boardroom than in politics. He has become a monster in this election campaign just goes to show people will say anything to get elected. One constant is that Trump will somehow build that wall he is going on about. Won't get that built with a Clinton in the White House. The case for a third candidate is really needed hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Its too late for a 3rd candidate AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Watched an episode of the Apprentice yesterday. Trump is portrayed a lot nicer in the boardroom than in politics. He has become a monster in this election campaign just goes to show people will say anything to get elected. One constant is that Trump will somehow build that wall he is going on about. Won't get that built with a Clinton in the White House. The case for a third candidate is really needed hear.

But a right wing candidate will only leech votes from Trump and a left wing candidate votes from Clinton. There is no way that a new contender could emerge and establish a viable presence as a genuine alternative at this stage, bar the second coming. And even then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Nodin wrote: »
    But a right wing candidate will only leech votes from Trump and a left wing candidate votes from Clinton. There is no way that a new contender could emerge and establish a viable presence as a genuine alternative at this stage, bar the second coming. And even then.

Yes, the old dilemma of the independent/non-alligned voter in the US.

Medical professional and personal friend of Jesus backs Trump for nomination.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35787356

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Several Breitbart staffers have alleged that Trump is paying the right-wing news site for favourable articles, a charge its executive director Steve Bannon denies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Several Breitbart staffers have alleged that Trump is paying the right-wing news site for favourable articles, a charge its executive director Steve Bannon denies.

Surely a provocative right-leaning site like Breitbart would already be one of the more Trump friendly news sources anyway, even if they didn't officially endorse him. If you're going to pay people for positive news why not go to places where you wouldn't normally get it. There's plenty of more left leaning sites who could broaden his appeal & who are struggling to break even (Huffpost, Salon.com etc) - throw them some under the counter money to at least soften their stance & it could pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Custardpi wrote: »
    Surely a provocative right-leaning site like Breitbart would already be one of the more Trump friendly news sources anyway, even if they didn't officially endorse him. If you're going to pay people for positive news why not go to places where you wouldn't normally get it. There's plenty of more left leaning sites who could broaden his appeal & who are struggling to break even (Huffpost, Salon.com etc) - throw them some under the counter money to at least soften their stance & it could pay off.

I think, though, that even the loathsome Breitbart site wasn't sure about Trump, till he started paying them. My guess is it was "Pay us, and we'll play our teabagger pipes so they follow you." Breitbart the felon, may he not rest in peace, wasn't above this kind of thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Ironic how website aimed at those who distrust other media due to "bias" is just like the other media. Much like the republicans they try to breed distrust over what they are, then it bites them in the ass.

Yes, lets play that game

That's a you tube video of a video clip off twitter.......? What are you on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Here it is in a different format, is that any better?

Its interesting that Clinton and Obama seem to have got away with criticising Trump for bringing violence to the streets of Chicago, instead of them actually condemning the perpetrators.

Nodin wrote: »
    That's a you tube video of a video clip off twitter.......? What are you on about?

Twitter removed the offending profile, so couldnt hot link, the point is, you dont judge a candidate by the caliber of lunatic they attract, otherwise we would have pretty much no politicians...

recedite wrote: »
    Here it is in a different format, is that any better?

....no, because its the same poxy youtube video showing a tweet of a video just on a news site of some type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Igotadose wrote: »
    I think, though, that even the loathsome Breitbart site wasn't sure about Trump, till he started paying them. My guess is it was "Pay us, and we'll play our teabagger pipes so they follow you." Breitbart the felon, may he not rest in peace, wasn't above this kind of thing.

Breitbart's nose is so far up Trump's tailpipe you can't tell where his colon ends and their olfactory system begins. Senior editor Joel Pollack had been trying to secure himself a job as a speechwriter for Trump, that's the same dickwad whom, when Trump staffers manhandled their own reporter Michelle Fields, he ordered Breitbart staff not to stop talking about the story.

Interestingly, Michelle Fields and Ben Shapiro have now resigned. I find the latter particularly surprising, because Shapiro stood by all the fake, manufactured controversies Breitbart took part in, from the Shirley Sherrod hit, to the fact they're still purporting the Planned Parenthood "Baby Parts" thing, to Shapiro's own "Friends of Hamas" controversy, and now he's managed to muster up a scruple? I guess even the unilateral support of Trump is too much for some Breitbarters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Storm in a teacup. Here's what the reporter said herself;
    “Someone had grabbed me tightly by the arm and yanked me down,” she wrote. “I almost fell to the ground, but was able to maintain my balance. Nonetheless, I was shaken.”
    If you want to know what a real bully, and a real assault is like, see here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

The ****s that got to do with Breitbart being payed shills for Trump?

Oh, and two more resign from Breitbart.
    "Breitbart News is no longer a journalistic enterprise, but instead, in my opinion, something resembling an unaffiliated media Super PAC for the Trump campaign. I signed my contract to work as a journalist, not as a member of the Donald J. Trump for President media network."

But good luck to them, there might be more retaliatory pieces like the one they did about Ben Shapiro under his own father's pseudonym.

• Advertisement

recedite wrote: »
    Storm in a teacup. Here's what the reporter said herself;
    If you want to know what a real bully, and a real assault is like, see here.

Sorry but I'm confused now. This is a thread about "Republican Presidential Fruitcakes" - that's US republicans as can be seen from the many posts in the thread. Yet, despite this, you have posted a link to an article sentencing an immigrant (from Pakistan who came to Ireland) for a fairly horrendous rape. Could you guide me through your thinking there, with regards to the linkage between the two?

Advertisement