Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do executions occur in pubs?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

RoverJames wrote: »
    If you were a murderous criminal you'd just hire a hitman or have one of your staff do it ;)

Not really, if i was a clever criminal i would do that.

The key word i used was murderous. If i was murderous, i would want to all my murdering myself, to maintain my murderousness. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

That is bull****. Utter bull****. Just walk around this city and see the human flotsam and jetsam being left to die on the streets. Just look at the murders and assaults over nothing in Dublin. Life is cheap as chips here.

Disprove this post, please.

Dont have to disprove nothing, Dublin is a city and like any other city has its problems,Where is there people being left to die ? bit of an exaggerated buzz your on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

grenache wrote: »
    My question is, when is Dublin going to rightfully earn the title of "Gun City"? It took two knife murders in a month for Limerick to earn the moniker of Stab City, yet there's an execution in Dublin every bloody week. God forbid the national media might actually pick on our capital city.

This thread was ticking along quite nicely without any mention of Limerick until you brought up the Stab City moniker.

Do you really believe that by applying the nickname "Gun City" to Dublin, people will forget about referring to Limerick as Stab City ?

Hardly likely if people like yourself keep dragging it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Zero chance of the guards being in the pub.

Unless its beside the american embassy...

Age is irrelevant if you're a drug dealing scumbag. That young fella was up to his neck in a drug feud.

Also try not misquoting me or taking my posts out of context just so you can build up your store of righteous indignation.

Where did I say that the murder was a bit of craic? Please repost it here, verbatim.

You said the craic be good when the victim turned up.do you really think so.

Well you must know more about it than me as i didn't know he was a drug dealer or the chap sitting beside him who was shot in the stomach was a drug dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,989 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Do people in the bars cheer during the shootings?

Only when the shooter gets a treble top.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

because you can't hear the shots fired because the music is so fcuking loud

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

realies wrote: »
    You said the craic be good when the victim turned up.do you really think so.

Well you must know more about it than me as i didn't know he was a drug dealer or the chap sitting beside him who was shot in the stomach was a drug dealer.

Misquoted and taken out of context.

"The lads went in looking for yer man, he wasn't there, they left patrons just carried on. I'd say the craic was good when the victim eventually turned up."

It referred to the patrons disposition but I'd had no intention of crediting you with the capacity to see that.

Secondly How can you back up your assertion that the murder rate in Dublin (per capita) is equal to or lesser than other cities in Ireland?

You can cite any source, it's fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

That is bull****. Utter bull****. Just walk around this city and see the human flotsam and jetsam being left to die on the streets. Just look at the murders and assaults over nothing in Dublin. Life is cheap as chips here.

Disprove this post, please.

(S)he doesn't have to disprove your post. Dublin being dangerous does not preclude anywhere else from being so, if not necessarily as dangerous.
    realies wrote: »

He was. It still doesn't mean he deserved to be killed but it's important to note that it wasn't a random shooting.

(S)he doesn't have to disprove your post. Dublin being dangerous does not preclude anywhere else from being so, if not necessarily as dangerous.

I said life is cheaper in Dublin than anywhere else in the country.

Since 1st Jan 2010 there has been 37 homicide offences committed in the Dublin region.

In the same period in the Cork, Galway and Limerick counties there has been 26 homicide offence.

If you took Limerick out of the equation you'd have only 14 homocides.

Ok I'll retract. Life in Dublin is the second cheapest I the country, Limerick being the cheapest.

I have neither the time nor inclination to go into the number of substance abuser and associated deaths but again the value of life in Dublin will be proven by those stats to be pretty low.

• Advertisement

I said life is cheaper in Dublin than anywhere else in the country.

Since 1st Jan 2010 there has been 37 homicide offences committed in the Dublin region.

In the same period in the Cork, Galway and Limerick counties there has been 26 homicide offence.

If you took Limerick out of the equation you'd have only 14 homocides.

Ok I'll retract. Life in Dublin is the second cheapest I the country, Limerick being the cheapest.

I have neither the time nor inclination to go into the number of substance abuser and associated deaths but again the value of life in Dublin will be proven by those stats to be pretty low.

No you didn't. You said life is cheap in Dublin.

Life is cheap in Dublin.

QFT

No you didn't. You said life is cheap in Dublin.

And I've proved without a shadow of a doubt that it is. 37 senseless murders in what is a very small city by global standards, a higher murder rate than London, a city 12 times the size of Dublin.

Also factor in the pitiful conviction rate in the majority of these cases and it proves the worth attributed to those lives lost. No witnesses, no one prepared to speak up for the dead.

You can 'quote for truth' all you like, but the fact is the points I've raised are valid.

Like I said to that other poster, disprove me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    :confused: I don't care if he's not coming back. A guy just produced a gun in a pub. Why would you stay?!? The drink??......Sadly, that's probably the reason most people did stay.

Isn't that the reason why they went there in the first place? :confused:

If someone did show up with guns an hour before the incident, I'd be curious to know if that was reported to the gaurds at the time, as opposed to them being told after the shooter came back.

Isn't that the reason why they went there in the first place? :confused:

If someone did show up with guns an hour before the incident, I'd be curious to know if that was reported to the gaurds at the time, as opposed to them being told after the shooter came back.

The guards were onsite between the two incidents.

It was a pretty brazen hit. Obviously someone inside the pub was updating the assailants.

They came in brandishing weapons, did not find their target, let the guards came and investigated, they left and then the gunmen came back.

The questions that needs answering is whether the victim was on the premises the first time the killers came in and they just didn't find him and how many people in the pub knew who the gunmen were looking for.

It has a whiff of see no evil hear no evil.

And I've proved without a shadow of a doubt that it is. 37 senseless murders in what is a very small city by global standards, a higher murder rate than London, a city 12 times the size of Dublin.

Also factor in the pitiful conviction rate in the majority of these cases and it proves the worth attributed to those lives lost. No witnesses, no one prepared to speak up for the dead.

You can 'quote for truth' all you like, but the fact is the points I've raised are valid.

Like I said to that other poster, disprove me.

Do you really not get this? Nobody else is under any obligation to "disprove" your post. Despite the fact that the onus is on you to back up your statements, you argued that Dublin being dangerous somehow means that nowhere else can be. Nobody denies that Dublin is dangerous, the other poster just said that it's not the only place.

Also, you said life is cheaper in Dublin than elsewhere even though we could all see what you had actually posted. You can still save face by admitting you misunderstood the other poster and we can all forget about this.

Misquoted and taken out of context.

"The lads went in looking for yer man, he wasn't there, they left patrons just carried on. I'd say the craic was good when the victim eventually turned up."

It referred to the patrons disposition but I'd had no intention of crediting you with the capacity to see that.

Secondly How can you back up your assertion that the murder rate in Dublin (per capita) is equal to or lesser than other cities in Ireland?

You can cite any source, it's fine by me.

Dont need you crediting me with anything,

And you think the patrons disposition after or before the young man was shot that the craic was good, were you coming from ?

I said Dublin is like any other city it has problems,wasn't just referring to Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Our gangsters here are choirboys compare to mexican cartel.

Our gangsters here are choirboys compare to mexican cartel.

Is that good or bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Life is cheap in Dublin.

"Get yer lives, 3 for a euuuuroooo"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Lapin wrote: »
    This thread was ticking along quite nicely without any mention of Limerick until you brought up the Stab City moniker.

Do you really believe that by applying the nickname "Gun City" to Dublin, people will forget about referring to Limerick as Stab City ?

Hardly likely if people like yourself keep dragging it up.
    Merely pointing out the anti-Limerick bias that is evident in the Dublin national media. When something bad happens in Dublin, it's always 'trouble in Ballymun' or a 'murder in Ballyfermot'. But when it happens in Southill, its just 'Limerick'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Bambi wrote: »
    I'd imagine if you read through garda witness statements it's because the patrons of an irish pub will always be in the jacks or looking at the telly for the duration of a gangland hit

"Was he shot? jaysus I did'nt notice a thing guard"

A mate of mine shot and killed another mate (and mutual friend) in a pub, out of a packed pub everyone but the DJ and the shooters sister were in the toilets.

And I was in Coolock pub one night when a gunman entered, walked around looking for his victim and walked out again without finding the chap (the 'victim' was in the toilet taking a dump).

I never noticed a thing, then slowly people started saying stuff like "that cvnt had a gun" etc..

Cops came, closed the bar for awhile - checked the CCTV and we were all back drinking an hour later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

How about "9-mil ville"?

"Longmileville"?

Tis all about the spectacle, like logicalfallacy sez...

Advertisement