Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apollo 18 - the real reason man hasn't returned to the Moon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

espinolman wrote: »
    Soviet scientists discovered navigational instruments from spaceships in caves in turkestan and the gobi desert

http://www.scribd.com/doc/32163908/The-Anti-Gravity-Handbook-in-Ancient-Documents

In that document there is an interesting paragraph on past nuclear wars some 10-12 thousand years ago.

'Ancient cities whose brick and stone walls have literaly been vitrified, that is-fused together, can be found in India, Ireland, Scotland, France, Turkey and other places.'

Anyone know where about this site is in Ireland??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

harry21 wrote: »

Good luck with that. It doesn't exist anymore than the others do...

I can't seem to find any support for the claims of finding spaceship controls in the Gobi desert anywhere else either, which - let's be honest - isn't a huge surprise, as this type of thing would be pretty big news and it would be odd that the world's media and academia had ignored it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

harry21 wrote: »

The Aran Islands .

The Aran Islands .
    Specifically where? Can you please show us some evidence of these nuked, vitrified buildings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Specifically where? Can you please show us some evidence of these nuked, vitrified buildings?

I will have to go there as soon as i can to the cliff top forts on the Aran Islands to get evidence to post in this thread .

• Advertisement

I will have to go there as soon as i can to the cliff top forts on the Aran Islands to get evidence to post in this thread .
    Because there is no information about this in the public domain? Because nobody else other than the guy who wrote that ridiculous article you linked has ever discovered these vitrified buildings? Even though the Aran Islands is crawling with tourists and archaeologists?? :confused:

Or perhaps it is because these buildings are a figment of the imagination? I wonder which is more likely...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I've posted on this before, theres a site between Winton and Kynuna on the way to Cloncurry in western Queensland, it would be one of those sites IMO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Will you Arise, Arise and go NOW ??????????? :D:D:D:D:D

Will you Arise, Arise and go NOW ???????????
    You're thinking of Inisfree. There are no vitrified cities there, but loads of Loch Ness monsters I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

MoonFaker is really scraping the barrel now. That guy has zero credibility. Amazing that people still listen to him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

karaokeman wrote: »
    This is an upcoming film, more than likely inspired by the Apollo moon landing conspiracy theories.
    This will be an interesting watch, I'm still to see the trailer myself but what would you all think?
    Silliness.

Here's a few "real" reasons we cannot go back to the moon today or tomorrow.

1) It's expensive. Try selling that one to the tax payer. First question: why? What did you not get with Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, and 17. If you lads want to drive a dune buggy or golf on the moon, do it on your own $ - I pay enough taxes as is!

2) We can't get there.

There space shuttle is a low Earth orbiter. It doesn't go as high as defense satellites. It could not get to the moon because it just does not go fast enough.

True, a redesign of bigger booster would be trivial for NASA. However, as it stands, the boosters available did not have the speed necessary.

Why not break out the old Saturn V - the only rocket to take humans to the moon? Well: (1) they were parted out a long time ago and (2) we don't have the instructions any more!:D

Seriously, it wasn't as if all the plans from 40-50 years ago were placed on a thumb drive or are sitting in an inbox somewhere. A lot of these plans were in hard copy. When the program ended, everyone helped themselves to a piece of history. There does not exist a complete volume of manuals necessary to reassemble the Saturn V.

But expense and technology would hardly sell a movie, would it?

Lastly, humans are very limiting space cargo. They have problems with acceleration, need air, food, water, blah, blah, blah.

Why do we need to send people at all? We are more than capable of mechanization and computerized flight. If a person wants to go to the moon, let them do so with a private company on their $. The money we could save on unmanned flight would be, astronomical!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

FISMA wrote: »
    Silliness.

Here's a few "real" reasons we cannot go back to the moon today or tomorrow.

1) It's expensive. Try selling that one to the tax payer. First question: why?

2) We can't get there.

There space shuttle is a low Earth orbiter. It doesn't go as high as defense satellites. It could not get to the moon because it just does not go fast enough.

True, a redesign of bigger booster would be trivial for NASA. However, as it stands, the boosters available did not have the speed necessary.

Why not break out the old Saturn V - the only rocket to take humans to the moon? Well: (1) they were parted out a long time ago and (2) we don't have the instructions any more!:D

Seriously, it wasn't as if all the plans from 40-50 years ago were placed on a thumb drive or are sitting in an inbox somewhere. A lot of these plans were in hard copy. When the program ended, everyone helped themselves to a piece of history. There does not exist a complete volume of manuals necessary to reassemble the Saturn V.

But expense and technology would hardly sell a movie, would it?

Cop on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭T2daK

get some friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

T2daK wrote: »
    get some friends

I have plenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 zyzygy

As a newcomer here I would like to say that I find the frivolous tone of the paranormal and conspiracy threads very entertaining. Not many of you seem to take these subjects seriously,and that is a good thing. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

zyzygy wrote: »
    As a newcomer here I would like to say that I find the frivolous tone of the paranormal and conspiracy threads very entertaining. Not many of you seem to take these subjects seriously,and that is a good thing. Cheers!

You haven't been here long enough, then.

Some people take this stuff very, very seriously :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Obelisk

lolo62 wrote: »
    the trailer looks good... this is part of a plan by the controllers to instil fear of ets and to prepare us for a false flag alien attack

Yep.

"Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government."
    - Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, address to the Bilderberger organization meeting in Evian, France (May 21st 1992)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Obelisk wrote: »
    "Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government."
    - Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, address to the Bilderberger organization meeting in Evian, France (May 21st 1992)

That is a widely misattributed quote - purportedly recorded by a Swiss diplomat, but no such recording of Mr Kissinger saying this has ever been produced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 zyzygy

CiaranMT wrote: »
    You haven't been here long enough, then.

Some people take this stuff very, very seriously :pac:
    I know. Most amusing.

• Advertisement

That is a widely misattributed quote - purportedly recorded by a Swiss diplomat, but no such recording of Mr Kissinger saying this has ever been produced.

Any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭jargon buster

Whats your point obelisk?
    Its a common sense statement, an alien threat would unify the world, it doesnt mean he thinks theres going to be one. :D

Simply put, why should we need a common enemy to put our differences aside, we could do it without one.

Well, yes.

But this then raise the questions of "And? Therefore? So"

As jargon has pointed out it's hardly a new idea - off the top of my head it's central to the plot of watchmen, and an old outer limits episode called "The Architects of Fear".

it's hardly a new idea - off the top of my head it's central to the plot of watchmen, and an old outer limits episode called "The Architects of Fear".

Partly correct;

Fair enough, though by dewey own admission it's not his original idea.

This still leaves the question of why an occasional sci-fi trope is of any significance at all.

This still leaves the question of why an occasional sci-fi trope is of any significance at all.

How do you mean?

How do you mean?

Well, there are lots of outlandish ideas that would have major effects on humanity as a whole if we could pull them off.
    like "stop being total shits to other people". That'd be a pretty big deal if we could manage it.

But the point of these ideas isn't that "we need an alien invasion" but rather to highlight what kind of impossible event would be needed to make us change our base natures.
    People aren't letting slip the plan to fake an alien invasion but rather showing how ingrained these self destructive natures are by imagining the kind of impossible scenario that'd be needed to shake us loose of them.

A form of hyperbole, if you will.

I'm not sure how Michio Kaku, a noted popularizer of science, using the old "alien invasion" sci-fi staple to try and drum up support for more Kepler satellites and the programs like SETI, undermines anything I've said.

And, once again, he cites a meeting between Regan and Gorbachev where he uses the analogy of a fictional alien invasion by "the Martians". Simply because it shows that both powers were not beyond the concept of co operation, something that at the time would have been important concept to establish if any talks between the two were to be even in the slightest bit fruitful.

• Advertisement

In any case, that brings me back to my original question...

Who or what is doing this exactly???

I've already asked it, we've gotten nowehere so far.

See here- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055901218&page=9

Advertisement