Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nate Marquardt released

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Where did "tout" suddenly come from?

It's really fúcking cool :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

Sounds like it's more than him just missing weight.

Going to WW was a terrible move anyway - the guy is huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Sounds like a drug fail and not steroids or something that can be appealed or explained away.

Allegedly etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

supposedly its just a weight issue

as in he weighed too much and the doctor deemed it unsafe to try and cut so much in one night

but getting your P45 for that, it seems fairy extreme

if thats all it is, then the Zuffa monopoly can suck my balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

as in he weighed too much and the doctor deemed it unsafe to try and cut so much in one night

i don't think we can comment much until the full details are known, i don't think Dana would have binned him just for missing weight though

He has a contractual obligation to make weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

drayme wrote: »
    He has a contractual obligation to make weight.

i have a contractual obligation not to be under the influence of illegal substances - i haven't been sacked yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Could be steroids, he's already tested positive for them before...

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Could be steroids, he's already tested positive for them before...

Assuming it is, would the results have been back this quick?

• Advertisement

I dunno, it was just a guess... Do they do tests before the fights anymore?

I know Kimo was stopped from fighting Bas because of a test done before the event...

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Apparently he had made weight fine, wouldn't be PED's either because I'm nearly 100% sure they don't test until after the fight. Must be something pretty serious for Dana to release him immediately.

scooby2791 wrote: »
    Apparently he had made weight fine, wouldn't be PED's either because I'm nearly 100% sure they don't test until after the fight. Must be something pretty serious for Dana to release him immediately.

Don't hink he made weight fine at all, i heard that he was 10lbs over last night/early this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

scudzilla wrote: »
    Don't hink he made weight fine at all, i heard that he was 10lbs over last night/early this morning

Read it somewhere that he managed to cut the weight, unless he cut too much and the doc ruled he was physical unable to fight.

HIV/Herpes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

scooby2791 wrote: »
    Read it somewhere that he managed to cut the weight, unless he cut too much and the doc ruled he was physical unable to fight.
    Doesnt seem like reason to cut him?theres definitely somethin more to this. We can only speculate till its cleared up

The only scenario i can see is that he was 10/12lbs over this morning, he starts cutting, gets down to 175 and Doctor says it's not safe for him to cut anymore.

Dana gets pissed and sacks him

ScareGilly wrote: »
    HIV/Herpes?

ah come on, i KNOW you just been on Sherdog ;)

ah come on, i KNOW you just been on Sherdog ;)
    To be honest, I haven't... Just can't think of any other reason? Alves was never cut for missing weight or anything like that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

People have weighed up to 8 lbs over weight and not been cut or at least the fight go ahead without bein cut. Either dana got wind of somethin not quite right in nates camp (PEDs Nate partyin BJ Penn style before his fight) or nate pulled out due to the cut when a doc said he was good ot fight

• Advertisement

Weight has been ruled out apparently.

drayme wrote: »
    Weight has been ruled out apparently.

Link or just another rumour?

Wrestling Observer:
    The unanswered questions keep going. Dana White just announced that Nate Marquardt was no longer with the UFC. It was a short message where White said that Marquardt had failed his medicals and is not only off the show, but out of the UFC, without giving any explanation.

Nobody has confirmed the medical issue that forced Marquardt out of the fight, but one person with knowledge of the situation told us it was not an issue related to cutting weight. Marquardt being fired would seen to indicate medicals revealed something that would lead to severe disciplinary action.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Maybe Dana just found out he punched Almeida after the bell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Video diary with Nate yesterday Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Sinister tone in that video or else I'm looking into it too much.

Marquartgate rolls on...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

That video is legit anyway, i remember Ariel Helwani posting yesterday about ekc following him for the day. Only loophole is that they didn't view the weight machine after the sauna.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Ariel Helwani's twitter is where I went to check up on this, he posted the same video from this thread.
    Hopefully more questions will be answered at the PA Athletic Commission press conference at 4 pm ET.

I think that works out 9pm here.

My initial thought was that making weight isn't the issue, or at least the main issue in his dismissal, it seems more serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

On the freeze frame it looks like Dana is wearing an earring and justifies why he should never do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22825103/vp/43539534#43539534

He weighed in at 172.6 yesterday morning.

Advertisement