Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Style: Duchess of Cambridge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Malari wrote: »
    Yep, colour is very pretty. Dress is only meh.

Do you think she was "advised" on appropriate dress though? It looks likes she's dressing within certain strict guidelines.

Oh, without a doubt she's following protocol and a certain standard. She is going to be Queen of England some day so has to toe the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Kate does have to be aware of what she wears, Unlike an actress or model she must bear in mind that she is a Duchess, I think she does it incredibly well, They jave just left Canada for L.A. and she is wearing this lovely Catherine Walker coat dress.

232x446.jpg?center=0.5,0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Sibylla wrote: »
    Kate does have to be aware of what she wears, Unlike an actress or model she must bear in mind that she is a Duchess, I think she does it incredibly well, They jave just left Canada for L.A. and she is wearing this lovely Catherine Walker coat dress.

232x446.jpg?center=0.5,0
    It's the first time I've seen her wear red, have to say it really suits her.

Slightly OT, this made me well up.:o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2012616/Heartbreaking-story-little-girl-melted-Kate-Middletons-heart.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

article-2012786-0CEEA29C00000578-876_470x637.jpg

article-2012786-0CEE7D1000000578-624_470x805.jpg

Not mad on the red on her but I like the green

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I love the green, she looks amazing in both of those outfits, that's the kind of thing that I think looks perfect on her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The last two dresses there are just gorgeous! She looked good in the colours, I hope she adds them to her navy/white/cream wardrobe for good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I love the last nude dress above..the asymmetrical neckline is stunning. They both suit her very well imo.

Kate has been making wonderful choices in L.A., especially last night at the BAFTA reception in a lavender McQueen.

article-2012983-0CF19E2B00000578-48_964x1404.jpg

article-2012983-0CF19C7B00000578-178_470x1218.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

I absolutely love that last dress she has on, the colour is subtle enough, but it's lifted by the band in the middle. Gorgeous.

Have to say, I do like her style and would love to wear soem of those dresses myself. not all mind, but I loved the grey Catherine Walker dress with the collar, and her engagement dress and she seems to have LK Bennett shoes as a staple.

Does anyone find that they're going into Reiss a lot more often now in the past? I am, though I still can't afford the heights of Alexandra McQueen!!

• Advertisement

Loopie wrote: »
    I absolutely love that last dress she has on, the colour is subtle enough, but it's lifted by the band in the middle. Gorgeous.

Have to say, I do like her style and would love to wear soem of those dresses myself. not all mind, but I loved the grey Catherine Walker dress with the collar, and her engagement dress and she seems to have LK Bennett shoes as a staple.

Does anyone find that they're going into Reiss a lot more often now in the past? I am, though I still can't afford the heights of Alexandra McQueen!!
    Absolutely more interested in Reiss now. I bought the blue Zara dress she wore the day after her wedding. I think she has a wonderful sense of style, Light colours such as beige, lavender are her signature look as black is for Angelina Jolie, I don't think that's a bad thing, she knows what suits her. Her shoes last night were Jimmy Choos first time she hasn't worn LK Bennett in ages!
    http://www.net-a-porter.com/am/product/97163?cm_mmc=LinkshareUS-_-ProductFeed-_-Jimmy_Choo-_-High+Heels&siteID=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-KzWdpOeoE55QDwfdEhmW2g

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

The last two dresses are beautiful, much more suitable and stylish for her age!

I really like this look from her last day in L.A.

x610.jpg

x610.jpg

x610.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I loved her shoes in the evening dress and at the polo, finally some age appropriate stylish shoes! Back to the horrible navy ones for her last day I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

The more recent ones are much nicer. Really suit her better.

Sibylla wrote: »
    Absolutely more interested in Reiss now. I bought the blue Zara dress she wore the day after her wedding. I think she has a wonderful sense of style, Light colours such as beige, lavender are her signature look as black is for Angelina Jolie, I don't think that's a bad thing, she knows what suits her. Her shoes last night were Jimmy Choos first time she hasn't worn LK Bennett in ages!
    http://www.net-a-porter.com/am/product/97163?cm_mmc=LinkshareUS-_-ProductFeed-_-Jimmy_Choo-_-High+Heels&siteID=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-KzWdpOeoE55QDwfdEhmW2g

Completely agree, if the neutrals are what suit her, then she's best sticking to them.

I thought the nude shoes she wore were LK Bennett?

Completely agree, if the neutrals are what suit her, then she's best sticking to them.

I thought the nude shoes she wore were LK Bennett?
    At the BAFTA event she wore Jimmy Choos, nicest shoes I've seen on her so far!

610x.jpg

Kate's dress, earrings, shoes, tiara and veil are going on display soon and so is her and William's wedding cake.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2017472/Kate-Middleton-wedding-gown-fell-love-goes-display.html

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭AnnaGram85

Did I hear correctly that she's not allowed to wear open toe shoes now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

AnnaGram85 wrote: »

AFAIK that's just one of these myths that float around, Princess Margaret and the queen mother have done in the past (according to other forums!).I imagine tho that for more formal events, say in a church or something, they may be deemed too casual.

• Advertisement

Kate's wedding gown, shoes, tiara etc are going on display for the public to see at Buckingham Palace. She was there with the Queen today to open the exhibit. Love her Joseph Dress, I know she sticks with white/beige colours a lot but I think they really suit her.
    These are the first photos I've seen of her wedding shoes too, they are gorgeous!

article-2017716-0D1E1DC700000578-443_306x827.jpg

article-2017716-0D1E0EA900000578-230_306x423.jpg

article-2017472-0D1B4F1500000578-65_634x760.jpg

article-2017472-0D1ABA7D00000578-908_634x351.jpg

article-2017472-0D1AA87800000578-244_306x533.jpg

article-2017472-0D1ABAD100000578-564_634x340.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

The Reiss Shola dress Kate wore to meet the Obamas will be back in stock on the Reiss.co.uk website next week if anyone is interested. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

AnnaGram85 wrote: »

Why?? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The Queen wasn't impressed with the wedding dress display.

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news-features/TMG8655222/Kate-Middletons-dress-display-is-horrid-cries-Queen.html

It does remind me a bit of a scene in Beetlejuice alright. :pac:

I thought it looked fab until my eyes went to the veil and tiara - it went all "do do do do - do do do do" from there! :D

The Reiss Shola dress Kate wore to meet the Obamas will be back in stock on the Reiss.co.uk website next week if anyone is interested. :)

Seems to be sold out. Again. Was thinking of getting this dress for work but alas, it was not to be! All the sizes have big x's through them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Seems to be sold out. Again. Was thinking of getting this dress for work but alas, it was not to be! All the sizes have big x's through them. :(

Boohoo sell a copy of the dress. The Reiss dress isn't really my style but for a cheap copy I think the boohoo one is quite good. http://www.boohoo.com/new-in/kate-capped-sleeve-potni-roma-bodycon-dress/invt/azz72777

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Tayla wrote: »
    Boohoo sell a copy of the dress. The Reiss dress isn't really my style but for a cheap copy I think the boohoo one is quite good. http://www.boohoo.com/new-in/kate-capped-sleeve-potni-roma-bodycon-dress/invt/azz72777

OMG that is gorg, gonna defo get it next week if the budget stretches that far!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

It's back in stock now. I just bought one :o:D

• Advertisement

Nice one!

Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, I can't for the life of me find it again on the site. Did you buy online or in the shop?

Advertisement