Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Style: Duchess of Cambridge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

That dress is so unflattering on her. The colour is very old lady lavender and the gathering over her midriff makes it look like this is where her bust is!

Oh god the colour coupled with the black/grey tights? I don't think i've seen anyone under 55 wear them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Acoshla wrote: »
    Her shoes are always so hideously old fashioned, she could have/wear any of the beautiful shoes out there and she sticks with hideous middle ages boring ones!
    Her clothes are gorgeous though. I would love to see her in edgier shoes/accessories but I don't know if she's 'allowed'.

Totally agree! I'm sick of seeing those "sensible black pumps" she seems to be in every other day.
    I suppose it's a catch 22 situation for her though - if she were to wear a pair of expensive designer shoes, whether she bought them herself or received them as a gift from the designer, she would be criticised. I think even though she is royalty she probably feels under pressure to remain accessible to people, so the high street is where she makes most of her purchases. Nothing wrong with that at all of course but just would love to see a bit more "wow factor" in her choice of shoes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

article-2010945-0CDB16D800000578-986_634x718.jpg

And with the jacket:
    article-2010945-0CDB1F4500000578-749_306x462.jpg

I do love the blue Erdem dress tho:
    article-2010945-0CDAA7DF00000578-532_306x905.jpg

The colour seems a bit richer here:
    article-2010945-0CDAA48500000578-510_308x425.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

article-2010945-0CDB16D800000578-986_634x718.jpg

And with the jacket:
    article-2010945-0CDB1F4500000578-749_306x462.jpg

Yawn! Creamy beige, what a shock!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

That blue dress is gorgeous! She does look a bit older than her age sometimes and her shoes do look a little bit middle aged.... But she has to stand and walk around all day so maybe sensible shoes are better for comfort! I wouldn't be able to last all day in my real high shoes!

• Advertisement

*Sparkle* wrote: »
    That blue dress is gorgeous! She does look a bit older than her age sometimes and her shoes do look a little bit middle aged.... But she has to stand and walk around all day so maybe sensible shoes are better for comfort! I wouldn't be able to last all day in my real high shoes!

I agree' I can barely manage a night out in high heels so maybe she is someone who really isn't able to... She has been keeping everything white/nude/beige/pale and blue/navy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

The beige dress she wore yesterday was very ill fitting, Didn't think it flattered her at all. Maybe we'll see something more colourful today. I thought the shoes were a major improvement though. I would love to see her attend another event like the ARK gala

P00013499-WINONA_LACK_PUMPS-STANDARD_2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

She has been keeping everything white/nude/beige/pale and blue/navy....
    Maybe because she feels those colours suit her best?

Maybe because she feels those colours suit her best?

Probably, and I think she's dead right to stay safe and go with what she knows works! I didn't think the purple suited her actually, with her hair up as well she looked too old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

• Advertisement

Wow, that's awful.

Edit: THAT is by Sarah Burton? Feckin hell.

Acoshla wrote: »
    Wow, that's awful.

Edit: THAT is by Sarah Burton? Feckin hell.

Very surprised it is by Sarah Burton... I think I had something like this going to a cousin's wedding in the 90's..and it's a jumper dress right? It looks like it's knitted...

And it makes her look even thinner, if that's possible. It's so awful. It's like what Hyacinth Bucket would wear for a day on a ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Bizarrely, I think that's kind of nice on her. The knitted fabric suits her thin curves a little better - and I like the retro 20's vibe from the outfit. Very suited to the location of King Edward Island.

Just been tweeted: Kate is wearing a Navy trench, navy trousers that end just above the ankle, red scarf & cream flat shoes... STILL waiting on a pic :)

dudara wrote: »
    Bizarrely, I think that's kind of nice on her. The knitted fabric suits her thin curves a little better - and I like the retro 20's vibe from the outfit. Very suited to the location of King Edward Island.

I think we're in the minority because I like it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I think she dresses way too old, I know she has to be conservative but its not flattering at all. Michelle Obama or Carla Bruni are both much older and dress younger then her. Dreadful, she is like a woman in her 50s.

I like the knitted McQueen dress, It was designed to pay homage to the book 'Anee of green gables' which Kate loves. She went for a casual look this evening at the dragon boat race

article-2011104-0CDD9ED700000578-415_310x681.jpg

article-2011104-0CDD5F8D00000578-384_470x552.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭shellykbookey

I think she dresses way too old, I know she has to be conservative but its not flattering at all. Michelle Obama or Carla Bruni are both much older and dress younger then her. Dreadful, she is like a woman in her 50s.

Obama and Bruni are in the public eye because they’re married to politicians who get voted in and out of power and as such they have a lot more room to manoeuvre fashion wise. Kate has married into a monarchy that’s there regardless of what people say and has to pander to the masses to some extend. She is representing that institution every time she steps out and everything she wears and does will be taken apart, analysed and criticised (god help her when/if she starts having kids) so it’s probably a lot less stress to dress a bit more conservatively. Not to mention the Diana comparisons she’s up against for the rest of her life. Overall I think she’s doing well.

(Also, all things considered she must really love him, not even Jordan would want the amount of attention she’s going to get for the rest of her life)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

dudara wrote: »

I also liked it! I love the shoes she's wearing with it too.

The purple dress really wasn't the most flattering thing in the world but I've liked everything else she's worn so far, just generally!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I loved today's dress! I thought the style of it lovely - I could actually picture myself wearing it. I also loved the nod to the Anne of Green Gables books. I loved those books when I was little!

Wearing the trench again today with navy heels, the shoes are a massive improvement.

x610.jpg

article-2011104-0CDE84AE00000578-775_470x690.jpg

Hermione* wrote: »
    I loved today's dress! I thought the style of it lovely - I could actually picture myself wearing it. I also loved the nod to the Anne of Green Gables books. I loved those books when I was little!

I didn't know it was a homage to Anne of Green Gables, also girlhood favourites of mine. More points for the dress!

I love the casual reiss shirt and jeans while we are not seeing much colour she looks very chic!

article-2011592-0CE155F100000578-953_306x855.jpg

x610.jpg

article-0-0CE49DAB00000578-851_196x596.jpg

This is the same navy blazer she wore on the flight to Canada and her usual black wedges, like the casual look on her.

Sibylla wrote: »
    article-0-0CE49DAB00000578-851_196x596.jpg

This is the same navy blazer she wore on the flight to Canada and her usual black wedges, like the casual look on her.

Yeah she knows that that style/colours suit her and she looks most comfy.

J Brand jeans, I have always wanted a pair!

A bit of yellow!! i love yellow :)
    article-0-0CEA0FA000000578-880_196x678.jpg
    article-0-0CE9F97100000578-727_634x820.jpg
    article-0-0CEB34B600000578-363_634x791.jpg

Yeehaw!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Have to say, Prince William is looking great. :)

Love the yellow colour. Dress is a bit, eh, bland. :rolleyes:

I love that yellow dress, it's perfect for her. And I love that she wore her own cowboy boots!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Larianne wrote: »
    Have to say, Prince William is looking great. :)

Love the yellow colour. Dress is a bit, eh, bland. :rolleyes:

Yep, colour is very pretty. Dress is only meh.

Do you think she was "advised" on appropriate dress though? It looks likes she's dressing within certain strict guidelines.

Advertisement