Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velogames fantasy Tour de France League

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

Do these riders not know the importance of this fantasy league? Some of my lads really aren't pulling their weight at all. Brajkovic and Garate are out. Terpstra has done sod all. Does anyone have his email address? I need to tell him to get in among the placings. LL Sanchez finally payed me back for inclusion in the squad.

:D... thankfully gilbert is purely focused on being the top rider in velogames. the green jersey is just a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

I can't remember my login details, Password or Username :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭buffalo

Well having lost Wiggins and van den Broeck, apparently I've now lost Gadret too. /o\

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

steaming up the rankings

upto 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

AG2R wrote: »
    Did you try entering your email address into the username box on the forgot password screen. Might work.

• Advertisement

I did and it didn't :L

I did and it didn't :L
    ah well. Send them (or him) an email: george@velogames.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

steaming up the rankings

upto 29th

My team is doing a Voekler : trying to eek out as much a lead as possible whilst waiting for the favourites to inevitably storm past in the mountains. Aah well, at least I'm doing better this year than last year, when my bunch of misfits finished bottom of the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

you should have received an email whenever you first joined Velogames and that contains both your username and password, so search for that in your email inbox :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

have lost Vino, Wiggo and VDB from my team.

Real pity as I have 1&2 in the GC plus Nico @ 13th and Cav in the green jersey.

I could have done some damage if my team stayed healthy ah well

• Advertisement

Bump for pretty much 2 weeks as national and boards leader. Great work by the team. Keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Idleater wrote: »
    Bump for pretty much 2 weeks as national and boards leader. Great work by the team. Keep it up!

Impressive
    19th in the Overall GC (have you been betting :D)

Esroh wrote: »
    Impressive
    19th in the Overall GC (have you been betting :D)

no, if I was, I wouldn't be doing well at all :o

Poor aul Thomas De Gendt was the only guy in my team not to score points yesterday.

I must look up the scoring system but what I found interesting was that Cavendish got 166 points for winning stage 15 and Hushvod got 178 for stage 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

no, if I was, I wouldn't be doing well at all :o

Poor aul Thomas De Gendt was the only guy in my team not to score points yesterday.

I must look up the scoring system but what I found interesting was that Cavendish got 166 points for winning stage 15 and Hushvod got 178 for stage 16.

they got the same points for winning the stage. Points for other things like intermediate sprint, being in a breakway etc have to be considered aswell ;)

It seems that Board's have a Director Sportif in the making.:D

Idleater Overall Competition points 6051ranking 6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

not done well the loss of 3 of my gc men early on, and injury to gesink making him pretty much non existant.

Esroh wrote: »
    It seems that Board's have a Director Sportif in the making.:D

Idleater Overall Competition points 6051ranking 6

http://velogames.com/tdf11countryleague.php?country=Ireland

Idleater is overall National Champ!

Great team that made the tour all the more interesting to follow. Still awaiting today's and the overall point to be added.
    Obviously my random selection was down to luck, but they were consistently scoring well over the three weeks.

Do you think you could do the Giro and the TDF double next year?

25th in the Boards
    5th in "the tour fastest to paris wins"
    51st in Ireland.

Bit like Roches tour :pac:

• Advertisement

Great team that made the tour all the more interesting to follow. Still awaiting today's and the overall point to be added.
    Obviously my random selection was down to luck, but they were consistently scoring well over the three weeks.

Ah, apologies - I didn't realise it wasn't the final total. Hope I didn't get your hopes up, and that you retain the title anyway! edit: you're 1300 points ahead, I think you might have this one in the bag. And currently second overall on the site - fair play!

What's the prize? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I'm delighted to report that my team of alleged dodgy cyclists finished third from bottom (EDIT: Actually, with yesterday's points, it's last! \o/) .:P Granted, half of them crashed out/got injuries and couldn't continue, but one of them actually did test positive during the Tour (Kolobnev). Shocking stuff.

Sure, my clean team only finished about 15 places higher, but still! A lot of the usual good performers in the Tour on my team (Cancellara, Chavanel) underperformed, alas.

Do you think you could do the Giro and the TDF double next year?

Ha ha ha ... ha ha.. :/

I think I'll quit while I'm ahead :P

Ended up 4th overall just like Voekler hanging on in there :)

What I liked about this game was that there were no transfers. If there were transfers I'd have been constantly tinkering with the team and progressing further and further down the order.

At least now I picked the team complete with a few random guesses and the rest was down to luck, to put it in perspective I think last year I finished last :)

to the doping control...
    Tony MARTIN [10]	THR	500	picked as a cav leadout man and a possible TTer
    Cadel EVANS [20]	BMC	2199	picked as I was doing a Anyone but Frandyodor
    Samuel SANCHEZ [20]	EUS	1264	picked as I support Orbea, and I like him as a climber
    Damiano CUNEGO [12]	LAM	711	picked as I thought I remembered him from the Giro - after hearing about Gadret and the Giro I was very lucky he did as well as he did
    Thor HUSHOVD [16]	GRM	1322	picked as he was cheaper than Cav and I reckoned on him picking up a stage or two
    Pierre ROLLAND [4]	EUC	637	knew nothing about him so pot luck
    Philippe GILBERT [8]	OLO	1054	remembered him from the spring classics but again this essentially should not have counted for much in the tour
    Rein TAARAMÄE [6]	COF	400	knew nothing about him but he was a *01 number so reckoned he'd be a supported team member and he was cheap.
    Thomas DE GENDT [4]	VCD	169	again a complete guess.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

14th. I'll take that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Right behind you on 15th - great run for Idle Eaters, well done.

I had my moment in the sun but it all fell apart when we hit the mountains! And Wiggo did his collarbone - thought he was going to be on the podium.

Gadret also let me down - "null points"!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Well done Idleeater.

I came in 13th in Boards and 3rd in Fastest To Paris wins.

Well done Idleater.
    Paris was not good to me
    Dropped to 12 in B's league and to 24th in Ire

Advertisement