Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velogames fantasy Tour de France League

Options
  • 23-06-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

The league is opened and started a mini league if anyone's interested:

League Name: Boards.ie
    League Code: 23203501

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Mods: Is it poss to sticky this for a little while?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Mods: Is it poss to sticky this for a little while?

I don't see the need to as I think it'll be a popular thread and will naturally work it's way back to the front, especially in the days leading up to the tour.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Any one fancy it?

League Name: Tour de 'fastest to Paris wins'
    League Code: 24111752

www.velogames.com

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

There's already one set up, threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

There's already one set up

sorry didnt see a post on it, I'll look again :rolleyes:

.... found it ... I'm in, Team: RADIO(DOPE)SHOCK! great hopes for Jurgen vd Broeck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

I am in groin strainers!!!!

Nico only a domestique!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

a great way to spend a slow friday afternoon in work.. after much deliberation i've decided to back the Schleck brothers and their new team Chaingate II (The Revenge) .... not that i really think Andy has any chance of beating Contador!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

I won the Velogames Giro league so out to do the rare Giro/Tour double.

Go Bianchi C2C!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ronan1986

Right i'm in. Team name : Spanish Meat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Team Name: Hercules San Marco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

I'm in: Lamp(ré)d

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I'm in:

LeftLegUpRightLegDown

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

The dartboard has been put to use: Idle Eaters...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

No Doping just Divinity: Hungry Monks
    164992.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I am in as Les Ecureuils Joyeux.

Deux Mille Sept Cent Septante, when you see the make up of my team try not to snigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭montac

Allez les Rouleurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

In as Excentrifugal Forz (as always)

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

In as Pedalling Squares...

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

I'm in - Tour de Force
    Deux Mille Sept Cent Septante, when you see the make up of my team try not to snigger.

Unfortunately we don't get the chance to snigger until after the entry deadline - all other teams are hidden until then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

In Shelbyville Shelbyvillians :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭De Bhál

In to win with Team Road Rage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I am highly confident that every member of my team will at the very least feature in breakaways. At least 7 of them could well win stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I'm in - "Ride It Like You Doped It". Although, I'm tempted to have one (hopefully) clean team, and one full of known/likely dopers - see what the difference is come the end! >_>

EDIT: I'm considering using that leaked doping index, but if I only use zero scores for my "clean" team, it could be quite crap.. How far up could one go on this list and list consider a rider to be relatively clean? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

In as Horizontal Top Tubes.

Aoibheann wrote: »
    I'm tempted to have one (hopefully) clean team, and one full of known/likely dopers - see what the difference is come the end!

Tried the same thing earlier myself! Unfortunately you cannot afford a team full of dopers... They cost too much! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

leftism wrote: »
    Tried the same thing earlier myself! Unfortunately you cannot afford a team full of dopers... They cost too much! haha

Going by the list, I can afford a team of people ranked as 5+ on the scale, and I currently have 8 points to spare, so I'm going to upgrade one of the people I don't think is a doper/particularly likely to do well into another rider I think is more likely to be one! >_> I was struggling with keeping the cost of my "clean" team down actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 The Behemoth

Sorry but can any of ye reconfirm the login details as it wont let me in to pick a team?
    Thanks.

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Going by the list, I can afford a team of people ranked as 5+ on the scale, and I currently have 8 points to spare, so I'm going to upgrade one of the people I don't think is a doper/particularly likely to do well into another rider I think is more likely to be one! >_> I was struggling with keeping the cost of my "clean" team down actually!

Did you buy Contador, Basso and Vinokourov? I'm interested to see this team of unscrupulous villains you're assembling! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Team picked: Alpe d'Huez.
    There's a fair few teams there already ! I started by picking all the favs and then you have to 'cut' and 'cut' until you reach 100 :o

Advertisement