Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie Jerseys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I'd be up for the order if it's going ahead. Or if there is some stuff left on crams stuff that would fit I'd def get it.
    It would want to be large or extra large tho
    Don't care what type of jip or sleeve length. Will go with majority :)

The short sleeve 1/4 zip is fine btw in xl

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Anyone have pics of the jersey? None of them or loading on my comp in the other threads.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,482 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

agentgreen wrote: »
    Anyone have pics of the jersey? None of them or loading on my comp in the other threads.

Thanks.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72806553&postcount=55

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Lumen wrote: »
    The alternative is to get your bib straps off under the jersey, but that's not exactly convenient either.

You just need to take lessons with your wife. It's part of basic training for every young lady...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dunnangall

flickerx wrote: »
    Boards.ie short-sleeved cycling jersey, 1/4 zip up.

Interested parties, add your name to the list.

1. triggermortis
    2. RT66
    3. Rovi
    4. Khannie
    5. Dr. Millah
    6. Plastik
    7. smacl
    8. Trenchman

I might get one, have to see how finances next Wed on pay day.
    +1 XL please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Right lads, I'll email the company and see what criterea the order needs to be as to items/prices and post back as soon as I get word back. They were pretty quick to get back to me in the first instance.
    I'm looking to get a s/s and l/s top if possible as I'm new to all this and only have 1 top to my name and am already fed up with washing kit every day.
    If anyone has done this group ordering thing before can offer any insights as to how they went about it, feel free to comment/advise. I've no problem doing it, but I do work out of the country every other week, so any non-internet based issues could take a slight delay to be resolved

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,770 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Two points to bear in mind:

1. They close over the summer - we had quite a long delay with last years order
    2. The sizing is larger than normal - a lot of people have ended up with gear that is too big, or chosen at least one size smaller than normal to get a reasonable fit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Just remember too that you're dealing with a group of strangers that are not readily contactable. That just makes things slower to get definite confirmations or payments.
    You should confirm right now how you want to get the money from other Boardsies. Bank transfer or PayPal (remember to factor in PayPal charges & delivery).
    Have a definitive cut off date for people to submit funds based on the last day that the factory can take your order & produce them before they close. If you stump up the cash yourself for stragglers you may end up with extras that went unpaid like Cramcycle did (although the order he managed was HUGE if I remember correctly).
    Also figure out today how you are going to capture sizing from everyone. I got stuff on 2 of the three last orders & to be fair to the lads that took the lead on those orders they came up trumps.
    Finally you should make sure you get real names & proper email/phone number contact details from those interested. It just makes life easier for as the organizer.
    I haven't donned my gear in over 9 months unfortunately I keep hoping that I'll make a full recovery from this back operation I had but it's a long road. I still keep an eye out for Boardsie jerseys as I sit in my car. Best of luck in driving the order on, I hope ye manage to get them before the summer.
    Rgds,
    RR

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

You should confirm right now how you want to get the money from other Boardsies. Bank transfer or PayPal (remember to factor in PayPal charges & delivery).

I'd recommend Paypal and add the cost of it onto the jerseys, alot simpler and easier to sort through from personal experience, don't offer both.
    Have a definitive cut off date for people to submit funds based on the last day that the factory can take your order & produce them before they close. If you stump up the cash yourself for stragglers you may end up with extras that went unpaid like Cramcycle did (although the order he managed was HUGE if I remember correctly).

I did but my extra jerseys came about from errors in logistics and being to trusting but most people came up but I wouldn't do it again.
    I haven't donned my gear in over 9 months unfortunately I keep hoping that I'll make a full recovery from this back operation I had but it's a long road. I still keep an eye out for Boardsie jerseys as I sit in my car. Best of luck in driving the order on, I hope ye manage to get them before the summer.

Hope the recovery is going well, i'm, sure we'll see you in the jersey spotted thread soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I would be interested in one also, not fussed if its 1/4 or full zip, but would only be interested in Short sleeve. What price are they going to be also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Just confirming my interest in this.
    I find myself gravitating towards the full zip short-sleeve camp too for preference, if that makes any difference. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

There are 2 orders with Carvalho custom at the moment.
    I organised one of them.
    Lots of people will say they are interested but I found it difficult to make up the numbers to get the 5 l/s and 5 s/s.
    Other things to bear in mind are that delivery will also need to be added on top of the jersey price, I think its about 30e for delivery.
    If you are accepting payment via paypal also keep in mind that paypal take something like 3e off each transaction.
    Best of luck if you decide to go ahead w it.
    :pac:

I've emailed the company and asked about order sizes and delivery times and waiting for a reply, so once I get news we'll make a firm list of who's interested and what they want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Count me in for this order.

Ok, got news back. They are closed the first 2 weeks in August so there might be a delay if our order is slow getting to them.
    There is a minimum order of 5 on each item. If anyone wants a one-off item they charge 50% extra (on that item) as our order will be under 1500 euro, so I think it's best to limit our order to just jersies as there seems to be limited interest this time around.

Prices (inc VAT):

short sleeve, 1/4 zip - 39.67
    short sleeve, full zip - 42.19
    long sleeve, 1/4 zip - 46.56
    long sleeve, full zip - 49.14

Their delivery charges look ambigous to say the least, so I'll add 5 euro to cover anything if that's fair to everyone.
    This is their site,
    http://www.carvalhocustom.com/

I'm going to provisionally say that the cut off for this will be Friday 8th July so that we can get the order in before their holidays, but if we do it before then, even better.
    Paypal seems the way to go for payment.
    Interested parties can leave general comments on here, but PM me with names, phone numbers, delivery address etc

Great stuff triggermortis, thanks for taking this on!

PM sent with order details.

Has anyone any thoughts or information to share on the sizing of these?
    I wear Large in most off-the-shelf jerseys, how do these compare?

I have the following available

2 x long sleeve 1/4 zip XXL
    2 x bib shorts Small
    1 x short sleeve full zip XXL(-)
    1 x short sleeve 1/4 zip Small KHANNIE

1 x old style Long sleeve full zip Large PeteTheDrummer
    1 x old style bib shorts large

Petethedrummer has first pick if any of these sizes fit and the small jersey is reserved for Khannie unless he changes his mind.

Free delivery in Dublin, registered post is 5euro or regular post is free.

Ok, got news back. They are closed the first 2 weeks in August so there might be a delay if our order is slow getting to them.
    There is a minimum order of 5 on each item. If anyone wants a one-off item they charge 50% extra (on that item) as our order will be under 1500 euro, so I think it's best to limit our order to just jersies as there seems to be limited interest this time around.

Prices (inc VAT):

short sleeve, 1/4 zip - 39.67
    short sleeve, full zip - 42.19
    long sleeve, 1/4 zip - 46.56
    long sleeve, full zip - 49.14

Their delivery charges look ambigous to say the least, so I'll add 5 euro to cover anything if that's fair to everyone.
    This is their site,
    http://www.carvalhocustom.com/

I'm going to provisionally say that the cut off for this will be Friday 8th July so that we can get the order in before their holidays, but if we do it before then, even better.
    Paypal seems the way to go for payment.
    Interested parties can leave general comments on here, but PM me with names, phone numbers, delivery address etc

Do your self a favour and round the prices up to the nearest euro, no one minds losing less than a euro.

Postage varies on the order but it will be around 50euro based on previous so at least 5 would be right, good luck, its not a nice task.

Not sure if anyone else posted it yet but for those worried about sizing etc. Here is the sizing chart:
    http://www.carvalhocustom.com/downloads/carvalhocustom_sizing.pdf

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone else posted it yet but for those worried about sizing etc. Here is the sizing chart:
    http://www.carvalhocustom.com/downloads/carvalhocustom_sizing.pdf
    Looks like Large jersey for me so. :D

2 x bib shorts Small
    1 x short sleeve 1/4 zip Small

1 x old style Long sleeve full zip Large

Petethedrummer has first pick if any of these sizes fit and the small jersey is reserved for Khannie unless he changes his mind.

Put me in the queue for the '1 x old style Long sleeve full zip Large' please.

Rovi wrote: »
    Put me in the queue for the '1 x old style Long sleeve full zip Large' please.

Unfortunately, that is the one Petethedrummer has staked his claim on, I will get him to try it ASAP so that I can get back to you if it doesn't suit, your next in the queue.

Unfortunately, that is the one Petethedrummer has staked his claim on, I will get him to try it ASAP so that I can get back to you if it doesn't suit, your next in the queue.
    No bother.

I'd still like a bit of the old style kit though; if the jersey remains unavailable, would the bibshorts be vastly baggy on a 31-32 waist, do you think???

No bother.

I'd still like a bit of the old style kit though; if the jersey remains unavailable, would the bibshorts be vastly baggy on a 31-32 waist, do you think???

Honestly I don't know, you'd be better going onto one of the original threads and asking them, I think the general consensus was they were a tight fit but I haven't tried so I won't say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

If Rovi can make it to you before I do, he can have it.

If Rovi can make it to you before I do, he can have it.
    Belt away, what I never had I'll never miss! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Belt away, what I never had I'll never miss! :D

Well I can't look at it till mid next week, so if you want it, its yours.

3 interested plus me so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

2 x bib shorts Small
    1 x short sleeve 1/4 zip Small KHANNIE

1 x old style Long sleeve full zip Large PeteTheDrummer

I'd like the short sleeve full zip xxl new one and if the old bib shorts l are available too?
    I can pm deatails or what ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭pinkieschick

Would love a jersey also please dont mind long sleeve or short, definitely put me down for one, thanks very much

Advertisement