Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

No harm in mentioning redbreast at that price imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

picachu wrote: »
    but you can't drive to London....

unless of course you're also getting the boat : )

Well my point being if you live near Shannon or Cork airport for example can fly in the same time frame as you can drive to Belfast. Not everyone lives off the M1.

gandalf wrote: »
    Because it's a very straightforward drive up to Belfast from Dublin.

Not all followers of this fine thread live in Dublin..

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭picachu

by the time you pay for flights, baggage, transfers in the uk - its still worthwhile to drive from cork to belfast i'd say...

anyway the thread is here to share the knowledge not hide it - somebody posting a deal in cork is no use to me - i ignore it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Not all followers of this fine thread live in Dublin..

Then those who dont live near the M1 can just ignore the bargain alert.

Its akin to giving out about a bargain on a product that you dont need :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

picachu wrote: »
    anyway the thread is here to share the knowledge not hide it - somebody posting a deal in cork is no use to me - i ignore it

You're missing my point, listing deals from places that fall under a different tax zone (and country) blurs the lines between what is a deal and what may not be. No one is trying to hide it, everyone knows booze is cheaper in the North.

BTW: If I was up that way I'd buy a few bottles of Redbreast..

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭picachu

not too much of a blur a 12 year old scotch for £25 versus €50 down south...

They're not listing deals from Holland or Germany...

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

You're missing my point, listing deals from places that fall under a different tax zone (and country) blurs the lines between what is a deal and what may not be. No one is trying to hide it, everyone knows booze is cheaper in the North.

BTW: If I was up that way I'd buy a few bottles of Redbreast..

Redbreast in Sainsbury's has been posted here because it's a genuine bargain alert. Its normal price in the UK is £41.50 but it's currently retailing in Sainsbury's for £31, a £10.50 saving.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/amazon-price-comparison/Spirits/Redbreast_12_Year_Old_Irish_Whiskey_700ml.html

Posting a deal that's only available in Northern Ireland is no different to posting a deal that's only available in Dublin, Cork, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

why are people posting bargains on booze from NI?

this poster had the best answer for you
    it's only a an hour or so drive for some

I doubt anybody in their right mind is driving to airports, paying parking, queing up, going through security etc just for a few bottles. Most will be stocking up on loads of trays if bothering to go up north, which is going to cost a lot in baggage fees.

Tesco have Jameson box sets with 2 glasses, they were 20 the other day, but 23 now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

SuperValu doing €10 off per 6 bottles of wine on top of the existing discounts they have per bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Jameson Black Barrel from Tesco website

Was 47.79 Now 30.00
    valid from tomorrow (28/11/2018) until 9/12/2018

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Jameson Black Barrel from Tesco website

Was 47.79 Now 30.00
    valid from tomorrow (28/11/2018) until 9/12/2018

Great Value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Bushmills, smirnoff, captain Morgan rum and Baileys all 2 for €28 in lidl. (I think Baileys was 1L and the rest 700ml)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭FlicFlak

Redbreast 12 is €57.50 in Dunnes, throw in a €10 off voucher and thats a great deal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Bailey's 700ml €10 in SuperValu.....

There is a 10 off spend of 50 in todays examiner, indo and star. Valid until 9th dec.

The jameson boxset with 2 glasses is 20euro and my tesco had loads. Plenty of other deals too, guinness 20, grolsch for 20 too. Baileys tenner and in boxes.

EDIT: for tesco!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭sceach16

rubadub wrote: »
    There is a 10 off spend of 50 in todays examiner, indo and star. Valid until 9th dec.

The jameson boxset with 2 glasses is 20euro and my tesco had loads. Plenty of other deals too, guinness 20, grolsch for 20 too. Baileys tenner and in boxes.

For Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

sceach16 wrote: »
    For Where?

Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Bailey's 700ml €10 in SuperValu.....

And Tesco

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Tesco and Sainsburys in the north doing 25% off if you buy 6 bottles of wine. Also applies to port and sherry so you can get some really good bargains if you're looking for a nice bottle to buy for a gift.

• Advertisement

indo/star & daily mail have tesco vouchers again today, 10 off 50. These can be combined for 1 shop too, i.e. spend 100 get 20 off.

Surprised to see heineken & guinness down to 20euro with these vouchers about.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭AhrSkidar

Not sure if it's Nationwide but Tesco Athlone have 70cl bottles of Talisker 10 year single malt for €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Bushmills, smirnoff, captain Morgan rum and Baileys all 2 for €28 in lidl. (I think Baileys was 1L and the rest 700ml)

Anyone know is this still on

AhrSkidar wrote: »
    Not sure if it's Nationwide but Tesco Athlone have 70cl bottles of Talisker 10 year single malt for €30.

There are a number reduced to €30, including Cardhu 12YO, Chivas Regal 12YO, The Glenlivet Founders Reserve, Roe & Co, Bushmills 10YO and Jameson Black Barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,480 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

GY A1 wrote: »
    Anyone know is this still on

Ad in Indo for Lidl it says while stocks last no end date on the 2 for 28 morgans, gordons, smirnoff. No mention of bushmills anymore.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Talisker 10 is 30 also in Galway (white tag on shelf, as opposed to the usual yellow for reductions)
    Seems great value at that price, so picked one up along with a few bits I needed so that I could use a 10 off 45 voucher

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Seems to be a few of the Diageo premium whiskeys oddly cheaply priced - that Talisker for one, Johnny Walker Black for another - in Tesco stores.

L1011 wrote: »
    Seems to be a few of the Diageo premium whiskeys oddly cheaply priced - that Talisker for one, Johnny Walker Black for another - in Tesco stores.

Particularly the Talisker. It's reduced to £30 in Tesco UK. The others reduced to €30 here seem to be reduced to £25 in the UK.

L1011 wrote: »

any offers on Roe & Co?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,480 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

any offers on Roe & Co?

Yep, €30 in Tesco.
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=298936780

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement