Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Roc modern pils by white hag only €1.40 a 330ml can in my local tesco (clare hall). Plenty of stock.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Roc modern pils by white hag only €1.40 a 330ml can in my local tesco (clare hall). Plenty of stock.

Same in my localish. Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Ryath wrote: »
    None in Athlone did manage to get the last case of the Citra though. Would have much preferred the Brewdog though. Sales assistant didn't think they'd get anymore.

Get them delivered online?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Hoboo wrote: »
    Get them delivered online?

I should have but it's not on their site now. Managed to get what I was told was the last case in Athlone yesterday.

Might just take a trip up north to stock up on Elvis Juice that's what I mostly wanted the case for. £1.65 a bottle or 4 for £6 up there. Like punk too but the other two beers in the pack wouldn't be my first choice. Still grand to have though with a curry or bbq.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,245 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Got some Brown Bear DIPA yesterday in Aldi for €1.99/500mL, same price as their IPA but this one is 7.5%! Nice too.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Sierra Nevada California IPA €6.74 for 4 x 355ml cans in my local Tesco (Balbriggan)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kOyao_uatWeRmn0PMIYUlq2RJiQ1shxr

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Titos vodka was €24 in tesco ballybrack, only 1 bottle was left.

Ketel one was €28, fair few bottles

This bacardi was 16 something and was the full 700ml

https://www.thespiritsbusiness.com/2015/05/bacardi-unveils-cinnamon-spiced-rum-spirit-drink/

had loads of bottles.

tanqueray 350ml was 10 something.

Plenty of others were reduced too, like they were doing a big clearout and I would guess it is particular to that shop.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

rubadub wrote: »
    Plenty of others were reduced too, like they were doing a big clearout and I would guess it is particular to that shop.

Similar in the Tesco stores I've been in in the past week. Picked up Plymouth gin for €17.39, Bulleit Bourbon for €25 and Dungarvan blonde ale for €1.65 a 50cl bottle.

Many of these offers appear to be store-specific; I guess different stores are delisting different products.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Wild Turkey Bourbon €20 in Tesco Kilbarrack down from €33, reduced to clear.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭donaghs

Quackster wrote: »
    Similar in the Tesco stores I've been in in the past week. Picked up Plymouth gin for €17.39, Bulleit Bourbon for €25 and Dungarvan blonde ale for €1.65 a 50cl bottle.

Many of these offers appear to be store-specific; I guess different stores are delisting different products.

Random Tesco's seem to be selling off random craft beer cheaply. Are these just stock that isnt shifting?

Not short dated as far as i can see. 8 Degrees 33cl €1.40 in tesco parnell st today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

donaghs wrote: »
    Random Tesco's seem to be selling off random craft beer cheaply. Are these just stock that isnt shifting?

Not short dated as far as i can see. 8 Degrees 33cl €1.40 in tesco parnell st today.

I think they just clear the shelf space for incoming stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Picked up 3 bottles of Boodles Gin in Tesco at €12.80 a bottle down from €35

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

donaghs wrote: »

That's it to the best of my knowledge, they've been doing it on average once a year in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Tesco clarehall have O'Haras dry hopped lager for 1.20 a bottle (500ml). Marked as 1.67 but scans as 1.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭G-Man

Any good 12/24 bottle slab of beer bargains around . Craft or big brew names...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,245 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Walsh's The Irishman Founders Reserve whiskey is €30 in Dunnes - normally €35 but if it was an Irish Distillers product they'd be looking for more than that! This is a seriously good whiskey.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Supervalu - Jameson Crested whiskey is €25 on Thursday 13th and Friday 14th June only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Supervalu - Jameson Crested whiskey is €25 on Thursday 13th and Friday 14th June only.

That’s a quality drop. Currently my favourite of the cheaper jemmies.

likely a fathers day offer, not sure if there is a tradition of that, though you would think it would stretch to sat or sunday. I think I saw baileys cheap near mothers day.

from regular bargain alerts forum
    vicwatson wrote: »
    SUPERVALU - Thurs 13th & Fri 14th Jameson Crested 70cl - €25.00

For rewards customers they've sent a code for €5.00 off €25.00 so the above for €20.00, not sure if code is individual or universal.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    likely a fathers day offer, not sure if there is a tradition of that, though you would think it would stretch to sat or sunday. I think I saw baileys cheap near mothers day.

Last week the gin special was Thursday-Friday only, seems to be a thing with Supervalu now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

AIB Visa Rewards has €5 back in SuperValu if you spend €25 or more. Got my bottle today and paid by card.

LIDL have a mix and match on packs of bottled beers - Carlsberg, Bud, Miller. Seemed to be 40 bottles for €25.

Also, Beaujolais Villages 2018 french red wine for €4.99 down from €8.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Bollinger is reduced from 64e to 52 in dunnes at the moment. Using your tenner off voucher you’ve a fab bottle of champers for 42 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Debub

Aldi - HopHouse13 pack of 18 cans for e20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭donaghs

Debub wrote: »
    Aldi - HopHouse13 pack of 18 cans for e20

I check Aldis a few days after, didnt see it. Havent seen this deal since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

BandMember wrote: »
    I didn't realise that you could order booze from Amazon? Would there not be a customs problem? Anyone here ever have any joy or problems ordering some? :confused:

Always works fine for me using Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Passenger wrote: »
    Always works fine for me using Parcel Motel.

For the love of god stop talking about this! If you have a way of bringing it in then announcing it online isnt the best idea. Itll shut the method down

Advertisement