Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Yep, I use the aux-in the odd time with my iPhone and I have to turn the volume well up on the HU. Then I forget that it's turned up and I put on a CD and it frightens the absolute befvckit out of me!

EDIT: Also, volume is at max on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Where is the best place to get an aerial for a VW Golf and how much would one cost on average? Mine has been stolen unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Bpmull wrote: »
    Why does it play the music very low ?

I use my phone a lot through the aux in (when he radio stations are playing sh*te) I have it at max vol on the phone. Not very low on the radio, can work with the same volume on both :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

I replaced the low beam bulbs all by myself! Doesn't sound like an achievement, but every C30/S40/V50/C70 Volvo owner will understand. They're a pain to replace, since you have to take the headlights out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

dgt wrote: »
    I use my phone a lot through the aux in (when he radio stations are playing sh*te) I have it at max vol on the phone. Not very low on the radio, can work with the same volume on both :)

I won't be using this all the time anyway. Just when the radio stations are playing crap as you said. It is handy to have one. And on a lot of cars a few years old the aux in can be difficult to install as radios were never designed for them. At least ford have most of the work done.

• Advertisement

Bpmull wrote: »
    I won't be using this all the time anyway. Just when the radio stations are playing crap as you said. It is handy to have one. And on a lot of cars a few years old the aux in can be difficult to install as radios were never designed for them. At least ford have most of the work done.

It is indeed very handy to have! :D

I nearly bought one for my old Fiesta, I'd put in a CD6000 from a Transit in it, the cable wasn't dear just the bother of getting it from fleabay....

I tore out the standard 406 radio and use my trusty Pioneer, it has an aux in/rca out, I'm happy out :)

You can however get an amplifier but I'm not sure on the ins and outs of that but conzy installed it in his car.

You can however get an amplifier but I'm not sure on the ins and outs of that but conzy installed it in his car.

And 2 subs, carvans ftw :D

Let's refrain from my vid of it in action at this point :pac:

Not that kind of amp ya hillbilly boyracer!!

I'm talking about something that's much smaller than what you'd hook up subs to...

Not that kind of amp ya hillbilly boyracer!!

I'm talking about something that's much smaller than what you'd hook up subs to...

Erp?! :confused:

Please divulge! :D

I guess I can add hillbilly to my personal profile :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

dgt wrote: »
    Erp?! :confused:

Please divulge! :D

I guess I can add hillbilly to my personal profile :pac:

You should add "ape" too, he's fond of that one :D

..... Tempted to have a peak at the strainer ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Removed and cleaned the starter and refitted it to try and get rid of the annoying grinding noise on start up.

Bit of a spiel here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056905591

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

RoverJames wrote: »
    ..... Tempted to have a peak at the strainer ? :)
    We took the strainer off the Seat this week, well worth doing

Yep, drain oil, sump off etc :)
    Not an overly quick job admittedly, having a peak at it suggests it might be :pac: :o

As Gary said though, well worth doing with anything 1.8T VAG powered, worst case scenario great peace of mind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

We did it on axle stands, in the garage mind so not on a driveway but it's a very worthwhile job especially if it'll get spirited driving from time to time. I wouldn't recommend any flushes or the like until you do it.

You'll need to buy the VW sealer which is about 30notes and then obviously new oil and you might as well do a filter while you're there. I'm not sure how handy it is to get the sump off on the quattro mind

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Did the first proper bit of poking around in the TT:

Topped up washer fluid
    Pumped up tyres to correct pressures
    Removed the numerous radio theft stickers that were on the windows
    Removed the dealership stick on the rear window
    Cleaned out the junk that was in the spare wheel well
    Taped up a loose wire that was annoying me
    Cleaned the interior
    Checked the oil levels -could do with a top-up
    Coolant+Brake fluid levels were OK

Audi TT ??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Washed and cleaned the car today :D

894438_10151569079278384_383224715_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

E46 is out of action for a few days :( FCAB housing shattered into pieces when a replacement was being pressed in. On further inspection it seemed the new bushes were oversized compared to the old ones... But here's the strange part - meyle part numbers match up and spec matches for post-01 e46 (post are 66mm, pre 60mm) . Has me wondering did the same clown that replaced one shock put in pre-01 bushing&housing as one part and not know the difference.

Getting a bit of work done while its off the road anyway, full brake replacement all round, 4 wheel alignment, thermostat and new diesel filter. The only old part of the front suspension will be the ARB bushes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Thats a class photo^^^^

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭shinkansen

Mc Love wrote: »
    Washed and cleaned the car today :D

from the glare you can instantly tell its not taken anywhere near these shores.

MOD NOTE:

Don't quote massive images!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

shinkansen wrote: »
    from the glare you can instantly tell its not taken anywhere near these shores.

MOD NOTE:

Don't quote massive images!

Taken in Limerick just the other day :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭shinkansen

that image is so large i need to wince my eyes ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Got my wheels back from being powdercoated in Radfix in Liosbawn.

Can't wait until friday when i get them on the car, €90 to get them straightened out €270 to get them powdercoated and €530 or so quid for 4x tyres eek.

Gonna be worth it though :)

20130319214143.jpg
    20130319213955.jpg
    20130319214006.jpg

Wow they look great Jim! Now that you have them as they are, apply a few coats of wax to them to protect the finish ;)

Will be doing, gonna be shizering a brick making sure when the tyres are put on they aren't damaged, oh if they are...

whoop-ass.jpg

Also the wheel products you pm'd me about will do the trick ?

The best thing to protect them is 2 coats of CG Wheel Guard followed by 2 coats of Collinite 476s. That will last ages if you use a proper dilution of CG wheel cleaner and not something very acidic.

Either that or for a more permanent solution, get the Gtechniq Wheel Armour on cleancar.ie.

Didn't order any of that yet will see what i can find in halfrauds after work tomorrow

• Advertisement

You won't find any Chemical Guys stuff or the Collinite in Halfrauds. I'm gone off Meguiars waxes now that I've use the Collinite, they're nowhere near as durable as it but if you want something that will protect well and I think you've used it before, is NXT 2.0 wax.

Don't waste your money on Turtle Wax waxes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement