Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Today I tried to remove the back seats for a thorough cleaning... but was foiled by 2 stubborn bolts on the isofix bar. 2002 Renault Clio 1.2 Expression 5dr

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I just got 3m di noc carbon wrap from ebay. Ive done it a good bit before and it always worked out. I just made a balls of the mirror :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,507 ✭✭✭✭vectra

gollywog wrote: »
    Cheers man! It's running 174hp and 290ftLbs of torque now... I'm a very happy boy! Very noticeable difference, loved it before but it's so much better now :) and ya joe seems a sound lad, very easy going
    Yeah, he's chilled out alright. But he seriously knows his stuff. He brought mine from 105 to 155, and from 174ft/lb to 252 ft/lb.

Six months later, cars running just as strong. But I love the way the power is all the way through the (admittedly) short rev range, and that the torque comes all the way through. Not just in one big sudden, short burst.

If you have it got it already, your next mod should be cruise control.

They are some decent gains lads.
    Especially your one Chuck..
    Makes my vRS look tame 167/258...:P

I wonder what could he do with it?
    I am changing this year and will most likely get another, though not until Jan '13..
    Would seriously consider a remap on it though as I intend doint a few mods to it when I get it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

vectra wrote: »
    Cheers man! It's running 174hp and 290ftLbs of torque now... I'm a very happy boy! Very noticeable difference, loved it before but it's so much better now :) and ya joe seems a sound lad, very easy going
    Yeah, he's chilled out alright. But he seriously knows his stuff. He brought mine from 105 to 155, and from 174ft/lb to 252 ft/lb.

Six months later, cars running just as strong. But I love the way the power is all the way through the (admittedly) short rev range, and that the torque comes all the way through. Not just in one big sudden, short burst.

If you have it got it already, your next mod should be cruise control.

They are some decent gains lads.
    Especially your one Chuck..
    Makes my vRS look tame...:P

I wonder what could he do with it?
    I am changing this year and will most likely get another, though not until Jan '13..
    Would seriously consider a remap on it though as I intend doint a few mods to it when I get it..

It's definitely worth thinking about...
    Would keep you going until you change ha!
    It'd nice seeing such an improvement for fairly small money considering!

Ah,
    I wont get this one done,
    I would wait for the new one and get that done.
    No point in giving the benefits to the new owner :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Ah,
    I wont get this one done,
    I would wait for the new one and get that done.
    No point in giving the benefits to the new owner :o

Sorry I took you up wrong,
    Ya that's a fair point!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

So I went to my local AD this evening to get my usual 2 month supply of Wax It Wet only to find they hadn't got it in. A blessing in disguise?

Yes! I was given an alternative - Lucas Slick Mist. My god it's excellent!! It goes on easier than WIW, dries easier and leaves a smoother finish. Unlike WIW, you can use it on wet or dry surfaces, glass etc and it can be used as a quick detailer and lubricant for claying.

Top class product!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Let me know what brand yours was and how it warked out. I plan to do part of the dash and part of the door panels in carbon wrap.

Folia tec make great carbon wrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Managed to get the back of my vader back together with some padding, a heating element and freshly dyed. Looks good but need to test the heating tomorrow and hope no CF strands touched any hog rings.:mad:

So I went to my local AD this evening to get my usual 2 month supply of Wax It Wet only to find they hadn't got it in. A blessing in disguise?

Yes! I was given an alternative - Lucas Slick Mist. My god it's excellent!! It goes on easier than WIW, dries easier and leaves a smoother finish. Unlike WIW, you can use it on wet or dry surfaces, glass etc and it can be used as a quick detailer and lubricant for claying.

Top class product!!

Excellent stuff. But for the love of god do NOT put it on your windscreen :o

I know from experience :P

• Advertisement

I was iffy about letting it near any glass at all so I just did the windows like I normally do them.

Thanks for the tip though ;)

Excellent stuff. But for the love of god do NOT put it on your windscreen :o

I know from experience :P

Well now he has to try it.:rolleyes:

I was iffy about letting it near any glass at all so I just did the windows like I normally do them.

Thanks for the tip though ;)

It is perfect on the side windows and rear screen
    Water flies off them :D

It is perfect on the side windows and rear screen
    Water flies off them :D

Oh right, is it to do with the laminate on the front windscreen that makes it unsuitable?

On another note, did you find it easier to polish, wax and buff the Toledo after doing the paint correction?

Oh right, is it to do with the laminate on the front windscreen that makes it unsuitable?

No but it is like as if there is grease on the window once it rains and you turn on the wipers
    On another note, did you find it easier to polish, wax and buff the Toledo after doing the paint correction?

Corrected the paint and coated it with Wolfs Body Wrap.
    Wipe on / wipe off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Buy one get one free on car cleaning stuff in halfords.. got 2 hd waxes worked out at 30 quid, if anyone wants on PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Fitted the following to the e36 (3 Series Convertible) this evening:
    - new serpentine belt (old one was shagged)
    - new throttle body intake pipe
    - new breather pipe
    - new coolant bleed screw (forgot it last w/e
    - flushed power steering fluid
    Pipes definitely made a difference to running, they were cracked to bits!

Also finished off cleaning down every nook and cranny in engine. It's spotless now. Here's some photos:

1a1f5d5a.jpg

3274c516.jpg

c9b33139.jpg

20d63209.jpg

9db13aaa.jpg

4307093c.jpg

Compton wrote: »
    Buy one get one free on car cleaning stuff in halfords.. got 2 hd waxes worked out at 30 quid, if anyone wants on PM me!

I would if I didn't have a load of expensive wax still to use :o

rebel.ranter - that's a gorgeous engine bay! You must bring that M3 to a meet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Got a chinese ditch finding ding dong for my van today. Not happy in my nappy but it'll do for now.

I'm too ashamed to put a pic of it here (or on FF) :o

Haha no worries, cant wait for good weather to get cracking with the DA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Whereabouts are ya?

Im around Maynooth, leixlip, celbridge and lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Must keep my eye out for ya so.

I would if I didn't have a load of expensive wax still to use :o

rebel.ranter - that's a gorgeous engine bay! You must bring that M3 to a meet!

That's not an M3 afaik. I think M3's have individual throttle boddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Citylink "lost" my tyres from Camskill, 8 days and waiting now. Great!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Oh well :(

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    That's not an M3 afaik. I think M3's have individual throttle boddies.

Does the big "BMW M Power" plastered across the engine not give it away??? :P

It was only with the E46 that they started putting the ///M badge on the engine covers.

I'm valeting the interior of my boss's 3rd company car. It's a 2003 Kia heap of **** Sedona and hasn't ever been touched on the interior.

2 hours in and I've only done the driver's seat, door and footwell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I'm valeting the interior of my boss's 3rd company car. It's a 2003 Kia heap of **** Sedona and hasn't ever been touched on the interior.

2 hours in and I've only done the driver's seat, door and footwell :(

2 hours!??! I always start in the boot and work my way forward... That being said I'm terrible at this car valeting lark...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

continued my carbon wrapping of the gfs car and said id do some on mine too.
    the centre caps were all blistered and white so i said id experiment

2nl6bt4.jpg

said id blend it in with these inwd1k.jpg

the ibizas handbrake and below

2d9rbs9.jpg

the astras handbrake and below
    2exn2na.jpg

2znwccx.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement