Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: Round 08 - European Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭kahf1_01

The ban on engine mapping, as we all know, was an attempt to stop Red Bull from dominating the qualifying sessions, this in turn was an attempt to make more people watch the show, to increase revenue. I'm a huge vettel fan since early 2009. Even with the ban, he still bags another pole, com'on!

Also, I love the finger of victory from vettel, sadly though he's doing less of it, and giving us more of a thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

kahf1_01 wrote: »
    I love the finger of victory from vettel, sadly though he's doing less of it, and giving us more of a thumbs up.

Button took the piss out of him in canada doing his own double finger of victory on the podium

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Anyone know what the music was that played at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Christ just watching the recap of the Canadian grand prix and it had everything in it.

Anyone know what the music was that played at the start?
    The intro music ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yeah, went very well with the footage from Montreal

Deep purple ?

So do we think Lewis will finish the race ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So do we think Lewis will finish the race ?

hopefully not, I want to see more insanity from Louie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Auvers wrote: »
    hopefully not, I want to see more insanity from Louie

Him and Vettel out at the first corner hopefully. :pac:

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    Him and Vettel out at the first corner hopefully. :pac:
    well let's hope we get a good first corner. Interesting glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I hope we have a blinder of a start and maybe a few front runners knock themselves out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Afternoon all, got my hands on an iPad this week:) and I am wondering if any of you use one for f1? I downloaded the live timing (free) and it seems I need to spend €20 to actually get the timing, any pointers as to how to get the most from it will be appreciated,

Thanks,

Bb

Afternoon all, got my hands on an iPad this week:) and I am wondering if any of you use one for f1? I downloaded the live timing (free) and it seems I need to spend €20 to actually get the timing, any pointers as to how to get the most from it will be appreciated,

Thanks,

Bb

i have the iphone app and its free, sends me msgs every few mins and they dont charge me. i'm surprised the ipad charges :confused:

Thanks,

Bb
    why does it charge on the iPad. The iPhone app is free and you get notifications for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Any idea why Martin didn't do the gridwalk? Something was lacking today, Eddie and Jake just not cut out for it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Really hope Webber delivers something today.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    why does it charge on the iPad. The iPhone app is free and you get notifications for free.

I am not very techie but downloaded the free app and it seems that it does not, will see if it changes for race

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

blackdog2 wrote: »
    Any idea why Martin didn't do the gridwalk? Something was lacking today, Eddie and Jake just not cut out for it

The commentary box must be too far away. You are right though. Jake and EJ don't cut it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There have been a few cars sliding around this weekend - I think tyres are going to be an issue, especially when they start getting thin. With all the front runners starting on softer tyres, they're going to want to come in for harder tyres e.g. if there's a safety car for any reason. They need a clean start and first corner ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

Sutil please hit shumacher :D

What a overtake Button just did on Rosberg :D

Autosport wrote: »
    What a overtake Button just did on Rosberg :D

Rosberg was scarily early on the brakes.

Can see a one-stopper being viable in this race, mainly two-stopers for the top 6. Soft tyres have held on just fine so far even with the qualifying being taken out of them yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Alonso looks like he will pass Webber soon

I'm loving Webber/Alonso at the moment :D

Hamilton a few tenths down in each sector the last few laps, imagine he'll be pitting soon.

Vettel only has a 3.5 sec lead, not much for a pitstop

Top 6 all seem to have had their tyres give up pretty much simultaneously, be surprised if they're not all in soon.

amacachi wrote: »
    Top 6 all seem to have had their tyres give up pretty much simultaneously, be surprised if they're not all in soon.

Spoke too soon :D

• Advertisement

Good overtake by Alonso on Webber :(

Advertisement