Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writers' Bloc - Creative Writing Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

The book or the offers? Book is savage. So it goes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

the book

i had decided to buy it, but apparently they managed to sell 300 copies in 1 min
    so that was that...

PM me your address and if I can find my copy of it in one of the (many) boxes at home this weekend I'll send it to you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

aw that's lovely thank you xx

i have 87 euro worth of books in my wishlist on bookdep :(
    2 of the books are for intended xmas pressies though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

bluewolf wrote: »
    i have 87 euro worth of books in my wishlist on bookdep :(
    2 of the books are for intended xmas pressies though

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Blush_01 wrote: »
    PM me your address and if I can find my copy of it in one of the (many) boxes at home this weekend I'll send it to you.

Or get an ebook reader and I'll mail it to you. It's not that good though. The idea wore thin after the first three slaughterhouses I thought.

Or get an ebook reader and I'll mail it to you. It's not that good though. The idea wore thin after the first three slaughterhouses I thought.

:p

himself is trying to talk me into getting a kindle
    i think he might be working for them...

i read snow flower and the secret fan last night, i would not recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

bluewolf wrote: »
    himself is trying to talk me into getting a kindle
    i think he might be working for them...

i read snow flower and the secret fan last night, i would not recommend it

Kindles are awfully good... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Kindles are awfully good... :)

You only say that because of how excellent Kindles are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Antilles wrote: »
    You only say that because of how excellent Kindles are.

I LOVE my Sony Reader - it is the greatest thing since sliced bread in my opinion.

Where can I put poetry up here for a view opinions/comments etc...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Where can I put poetry up here for a view opinions/comments etc...

Post it up on the forum like any other piece of creative writing! :) I'll keep an eye out for it and tear it to shreds later. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

The lack of sticky threads is oddly disorientating...

Where is this magical park full of toasters?

You knew the words were 'toaster' and 'spark'. You knew!!

Now you've ruined my name, thanks. All I can see is a magical animated land full of Brave Little Toasters. Wait a sec...

Where is this magical park full of toasters?

You can't imagine the bitter disappointment I felt when I discovered your surname wasn't Rooney.

Any chance of a full Variations on a Theme in the next wee while?

I don't see why not.
    I just have to remember how they work!

Antilles wrote: »
    You can't imagine the bitter disappointment I felt when I discovered your surname wasn't Rooney.

It isn't? But... but what does it mean then? What does it mean??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Arfan

It means whatever you think it means. We take our death of the author very seriously here on Creative Writing.

*sharpens knives*

• Advertisement

How much are you willing to spend? Many companies run courses in specific editing platforms for example, also consider if you wanted to go to the UK/America there's costs involved, so giving an idea of how much you are willing to part with helps. Saying as little as possible doesn't give much scope for bouncing ideas around.

I know I included camera, sound etc etc in the above points, but I think most people that have done media will have a general idea what's on offer in these areas too, it's nice to open this up into a media wide type thread.

James

I think you got the wrong thread :confused:

How does that happen? Do people have multiple tabs open for every forum and then randomly click a reply box in one? I... I just don't understand how that happens.

Also, in another thread, someone suggested writing a story based on a random Google image. VOAT possibility? Variations on an Image?

reminded me of the ol' LC english exam, where you can write a story based on pictures given

How does that happen? Do people have multiple tabs open for every forum and then randomly click a reply box in one? I... I just don't understand how that happens.

Also, in another thread, someone suggested writing a story based on a random Google image. VOAT possibility? Variations on an Image?

I was disappointed nobody came up with that in the Arena. It would have been my first option. Could be an idea for VOAT, if there's enough interest in a pre-Christmas compo. I thought of having one where only submissions sent at five to midnight on Christmas eve would count but that was too sad and evil.

Or the picture is posted at 1pm on Christmas Day, and you have until 4pm to submit a story. Now THAT'S evil.

OK, this is all go now. Toasterspark, your idea has been adopted. Many thanks.

Thanks. Though, I kinda stole the idea from someone else. So thanks to them!

That picture is... it's definitely not what I'd have expected! I have an idea brewing already, I hope I can free up some thinking time and writing time to enter.

I'm completely stumped!

Waiting for inspiration to strike an hour before the deadline!

I like this drabble idea (just came across it on your blog). We could definitely do a drabble contest at some stage.

• Advertisement

I like this drabble idea (just came across it on your blog). We could definitely do a drabble contest at some stage.

It's not a blog, it's a repository. The clue's right there in the domain name!!! ;)

Advertisement