Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@rcadeCon Fighting Game Tournaments - July 1st-3rd, D4 Hotels Ballsbridge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Might as well try and be a nice guy and say I have a hotel room in the hotel next to the d4 (d4 is completely booked) already 6 or so in the room with 2 double beds and a single but the floor is there for people low on cash or so. I accept all major beer labels ;-)

But really I will only be using it to store **** so it is there for people. I'm there from Friday morning to Sunday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Yeah I can arrange that. If you need a TV I can set that up too, but i'll need help hauling it off the bus and across Dublin :3

That'd be great man - figured you had a car available or something since you mentioned a TV as well, I'm sure just the xbox will be grand (unless someone else here can offer to help transport the TV - I'll be bringing one of the Exchange monitors most likely).

Mu will be unbanned in BlazBlue and the time limit rules will be the defaults and/or tournament standards for the games.

SSBB has been changed to 4 stocks, Final Destination, with bombs as the only item enabled (to make things more hectic).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

To my mind, the tournment rules people make for smash is like MLG-ing the game.
    If ever there was an organisation who can remove the fun from games it's them.

That said, I'm not attacking the changes, you're getting the game towards it's community's standards .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I like that you can turn the dials on Smash's options and make it an absolutely button mashing randomfest of explosions and cameos where 4 non-gamers can have a fantastic time; or make it a pretty serious 1 on 1 fighter.

Because of it's range though in a tournament setting you need to rules-lawyer out a lot of stuff.

A casual tournament without rules would have been fine, but ONLY one life was really strict.

All items would be just as hectic as all bombs. Dem Smash Balls b' kraazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Remember though you're talking about a party game (full of random bull**** by its very nature), the director of which very purposely gave the finger to anyone trying to play it seriously by introducing more random elements that couldn't be disabled, removing the same sorts of ascended glitches that Capcom and Arc have embraced over the years... and making his own favorite character a OP bastard.

How dare people try to find depth and rewarding gameplay in his ****ty button mashing game. :pac:

Remember though you're talking about a party game (full of random bull**** by its very nature), the director of which very purposely gave the finger to anyone trying to play it seriously by introducing more random elements that couldn't be disabled, removing the same sorts of ascended glitches that Capcom and Arc have embraced over the years... and making his own favorite character a OP bastard.

How dare people try to find depth and rewarding gameplay in his ****ty button mashing game. :pac:

well said..... Now off to play pheonix and do x-factor plus mash teleport and punch....

I've been told that the lads running the con weren't able to get their hands on any copies of BlazBlue, so could anyone going who's able to bring copies of that along please do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'll bring BBCS on xbox (1 copy)
    Or BBCS on PS3 (2 Copies)

If any more are needed, I have the following at home

SSF4 + AE DLC (360)
    Tekken 6 (360)
    Battle Fantasia (360)
    BBCT lol (360 PS3)
    KOF 12 (360)

And a couple of others I can't think of.
    Also willing to bring a 360S if anyone needs BBCS2 or another AE.

Edit: I have all Character DLC for BBCS2 aswell.

Anything you can bring would be great Xinkai, especially the BB copies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

No probs, just PM me a specific list of what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Anything you can bring would be great..

Will bring xbox, SSF4 AE, MVC3 + Monitor. I've no VGA cable and I ain't bringing a tele, so if someone has an extra one, can they bring it with them?

Xinkai wrote: »
    No probs, just PM me a specific list of what you want.

Just bring what you can man, if it's no bother for you to bring the xbox, bring that, otherwise just the copies of BB would be great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Make sure you drop into the booth for R.A.G.E. (the retro-games shop).

See if you can arrange a SFII competition or something (since it's 25th anniversary and all).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Isn't BBCS common as muck now?

I'll bring mine just in case, probably have the laptop down with me as well for 3S, Garou, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I can bring a couple of BBCS copies too. I shall lug em along.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I saw copies of BlazBlue for sale yesterday in Stephen's Green Gamestop.

Blazblue CALAMITY TRIGGER.

FOR €45.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I saw Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift in HMV in Blanchardstown.
    They were charging more for CT. :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Blazblue CALAMITY TRIGGER.

FOR €45.
    :rolleyes:
    Naphiel wrote: »
    They were charging more for CT. :pac:

Gamestop's 'trade in three, get one new game for 3 euro' deal only lists BBCT as a possible trade in. CS is not listed.
    For whatever reason these shops seem to have mixed up these games :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Beasted Sairus at Dance Central today :D

Mwahahahahahahhahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

Will be at this tomorrow. What time are people showing up at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Aiming to be in for some time between 11 and 12.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ditto for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Oh, if anyone is driving to this, you have to pay for parking in the hotel. When you're paying though, bring your ticket to reception, ask to pay there and then tell them you were at the con - you'll get a few euro off the cost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I'll be in a little later. Looking to leave my house about 2, be there before 3 to have a snoop around and find where I'm supposed to be at.

Hey, can anyone supply consoles with DLC and updates on them for tomorrow? None of the setups here have AE, DLC characters or even the patches for MvC3, BB and MK. There's also no net connection to remedy this. The guy in charge of the games room has taken one PS3 with him to download patches tonight, but there's no guarantees on whether he'll get all of them.
    Konata wrote: »
    I got footage of Konata and Onion on Dance Central, so I'm totally cool with that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'm bringing mine anyway. Will do for AE and Marvel.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

I can bring a ps3 with all the dlc for bb and ssf4 with Ae on it.
    I thought BB was being run on the xbox? hence why I decided not to attend.

Sf is meant to start at 12 but they will do 1 at the latest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Konata wrote: »

I would crush the two of you at that game.

Advertisement