Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taker's Opponent For WM28

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    On the whole credible threat issue - is anyone actually a credible threat? The streak will never be broken? What we should be looking at is match quality and how much it will get the opponent over despite losing.

So in that regard, we should forget HHH, Lesnar, Foley, Goldberg etc and look at young up and coming main eventers.

For example, if Ziggler/Swagger was made to look good by taker in an epic Mania match, then his future looks all the brighter.

As I said earluier though in reference to Barrett, whoever it is has to start a push now. Not directly with Taker obviously, but a main player push so when Taker does make his return, this guy can step up immediately and not look out of his depth.

Anyone with a bit od sense knows the streak will not be broken now, so as you say nobody is really a credible threat. But whats important is that Taker will only wrestle handful more Manias. Its a special spot on the card that writes its own story, you can't go wroing with it. It IS impostant though to me that the opponent for Taker has decent star power. No amount of good booking in the lead-up to Mania will make the likes of Ziggler or Swager an acceptable opponet in the eyes of the audience. The bar for his opponebts has been set at the HHH/HBK level, guys who've been booked as badly nas those other two won't cut it.

Ziggler/Swagger to be is a massive pile of "meh," it has the look to me of mid-card throwaway effort that would be forgotten as soon as it was over. Lesnar or Sting hs a special feel and one that could be a genuinely epic Wrestlemania moment. WWE's options for historic match ups are dwindling fst as all the big stars slowly fade into retuirement, Taker should be reserved for massive stars, not rubes like Ziggler or Swagger.

Put it this way if its Sting/Lesnar I'll be buying the PPV, if its Ziggler/Swagger I wouldn't even download it. Lesnar woul top a million buys, no doubt in my mind. Ziggler/Taker on the carde would need something extraordinary on the Wrold Title matches to save it from flopping.

Advertisement