Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taker's Opponent For WM28

Options
  • 20-06-2011 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

looking at all the potential wrestler's, there's seems to be nobody worthy of being part of them 20-0

the only thing I saw as a possibility is if he ends up in a triple threat with Cena & The Rock.
    it would get them about 1.5m buys, The Rock wouldnt mind losing once he gets the publicity to plug his movies, and Cena is so over that defeat to Taker wouldnt effect him.
    It could be Taker pinning The Rock so Cena can say he didnt lose, or pinning Taker with the ref knocked out, to say he should have won

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i would have said lesnar was the perfect candidate, but he seems to be in a bad way atm health wise

as it stands i suspect we will see taker vs hhh part 2 (or 3 :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I really want Taker vs Sting. Thats my dream match these days. Two proper legends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I'd love if it was alberto del rio. Just so he could drive out and interupt undertaker in the build up to Wrestlemania, imagine the undertaker goin on about taking souls and killing people and out comes himself then beepin the horn and he have no intention of gettin in the ring. I'd love it. Imagine how unimpressed Undertaker would be with Ricardo Rodriguez, itd be ****in brilliant

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dependant on health, contracts etc idimagine the main rumours again would be that WWE want either Sting or Lesnar vs Taker for 20-0.

imagine the card:

Rock vs Cena
    Austin vs CM Punk
    Taker vs Sting/Lesnar

$$$$$

I would doubt they would touch Cena/Rock so back ups would probably be the remaining heels who could get a rub just from being in with the deadman even if he goes over them for 20-0.The likes of Del Rio, Sheamus, The Miz, Wade Barett etc currently fill this role.

then the final WWE backup plan if they cant get their man/dont trust their man would be HHH going for 3rd time lucky at mania vs the Phenom.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It has to be punk.

Imagine:
    "Punk we want you to reconsider signing with us.."
    "No, i dont want to"
    "We want you to beat taker at mania next year"
    "Where do i sign?"

Of course thats not what happened/will happen.
    But If punk doesnt have austin at mania, then a taker match could be pretty good.

• Advertisement

BH I'm out of the loop but is Austin not totally done with wrestling?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

He is, but in the run up to TE he said that being in the ring with the rookies gave him the want to do a possible match.
    He also said in another interview that if he had to, he would happily go full time for a year or so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

what CMPunked said plus if you missed this it might make you :)

now back to Taker...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Sting would be great match for Taker. The build up alone to it would be awesome, imagine the mind games going back and forth.

Have Taker enter the Rumble, doing well for a while then the lights go off and come back on with Sting in the ring behind Taker ready to smack his head off with the baseball bat. Crack him one over the head, knock him over the top rope eliminating him, lights go off and Sting is gone. The build up over three months would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Why_So_Serious?

well the match wit sting wont happen, since he signs a yearly contract wit TNA and he didn't sign this years one till after mania and being a big taker fan i'm glad it wont happen.....sting has too be carried in most of his matches these days taker would never be able too do that at this stage of his career.....

as for lesnar please dont let that happen either, he doesn't deserve the right too say he wrestled Taker in his last match

i'm going too say it will be either HHH/Del Rio/Barrett/Punk if he signs a new contract and they cant cant get another match out of austin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I reckon this will be Takers last WM so they gotta make it a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I'd like to see David Otunga end the streak. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I'd like to see David Otunga end the streak. :)

Nah Maven makes more sense.If he isn't able for a long match Sting would be a good option,just a 7/8 minute match.The build up could potentially be the real meat of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

GTR63 wrote: »
    Nah Maven makes more sense.If he isn't able for a long match Sting would be a good option,just a 7/8 minute match.The build up could potentially be the real meat of the story.

Yes but with those two you won't get the chance to have Miss Otunga come out and interrupt Taker's entrance with er singing.

I could also be persuaded into having the Bella twins end the streak with a switch aroo after Michelle messes up her interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

As a genuine threat, it should be Cena but he's occupied. I guess Punk if his facing Austin couldn't be arranged. Failing that... Jericho?

Or maybe Orton could get another crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

as for lesnar please dont let that happen either, he doesn't deserve the right too say he wrestled Taker in his last match

wont be takers last match either way, lesnar is biggest draw on ppv this past 2 years so if vince can get him to compete it won't be a matter of who deserves what, it will come down to money

with both lesnar and rock wrestling at mania for the first time in nearly a decade (and bigger names now than when they left) that could beat their mania buyrate record

well the match wit sting wont happen, since he signs a yearly contract wit TNA and he didn't sign this years one till after mania and being a big taker fan i'm glad it wont happen.....sting has too be carried in most of his matches these days taker would never be able too do that at this stage of his career.....

i'm going too say it will be either HHH/Del Rio/Barrett/Punk if he signs a new contract and they cant cant get another match out of austin
    Sting is still a very good wrestler imo. Him and taker could have a very good match. I struggle to think of two bigger stars over the past 3 decades who have never actually wrestled each other, or even been in the ring together. Austin/Hogan maybe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I struggle to think of two bigger stars over the past 3 decades who have never actually wrestled each other, or even been in the ring together. Austin/Hogan maybe.

Big Daddy and the Big Show? :pac:

Big Daddy and the Big Show? :pac:
    lol Show did fight Haystacks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Hercule

The Shockmaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sheamus

If not Sting then Shelton Benjamins momma

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i know this sounds like a stupid match but first thing that popped into my head when reading this was a fatal 4 way match with hhh kane and hbk his most famous wrestlemania opponents all trying to end the streak would be great way to end it but not going to happen i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

I defo think itll be HHH and Tasker again. or at least i tink dats the reserve plan. if not HHH, then Sting.(if hes not in tna)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Perry Saturn makes a shocking return at WM 28 and belts Taker over the head with his mop and Taker flies outta the ring, Taker loses via count out.

Sting is still a very good wrestler imo. Him and taker could have a very good match. I struggle to think of two bigger stars over the past 3 decades who have never actually wrestled each other, or even been in the ring together. Austin/Hogan maybe.

sting is no where near a good wrestler!!!! is and was way over hyped

Ah get out of that! He is not as good as he used to be (World Class!) but he could certainly have a brilliant match with taker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Its generally assumed HHH will be The Undertaker's opponent.

And Punk/Austin won't happen. Even if Austin could be persuaded to wrestle another match, such a massive bout would not be wasted on a mid-carder like Punk.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    wont be takers last match either way, lesnar is biggest draw on ppv this past 2 years so if vince can get him to compete it won't be a matter of who deserves what, it will come down to money

with both lesnar and rock wrestling at mania for the first time in nearly a decade (and bigger names now than when they left) that could beat their mania buyrate record

IMO Taker's last full-time WWE match was against Triple H at Mania, I think he's gonna be a part timer from here on just wrestling at Wrestle Mania,

and why did Lesnar draw big??? mainly because people wanted too see him lose, could hardly be because of his MMA ability since he has none

Ah get out of that! He is not as good as he used to be (World Class!) but he could certainly have a brilliant match with taker.

get out of what?? telling the truth??? He is no where near world class.....he's another Hogan/Flair wont go when the time is right, Sting was meant too retire what 2 or 3 years ago when he faced AJ Styles and lost??? yeah he should have stayed away then.

Him and Taker wouldn't have a good match, Taker's knees are in way too bad a shape and Sting is just a terrible wrestler......I am glad he's under contract too TNA till May or something like that:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Undertaker's Wrestlemania opponent doesn't need to be a good wrestler though, it just needs to be a big name. Sting fits the bill perfectly. Even Undertaker Vs Hulk Hogan would still draw massive numbers in 2012, and Hogan can barely walk.

Advertisement