Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No NGB in Tralee Town yet?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

Yes, I suppose the fact that that outfit is still able to function at all is remarkable.
    I thought that the Singapore group might be a bit more interested in telecom than Ballcock and Brown, but evidently not.
    The fact that the major move has been the appointment of a new public relations team speaks volumes.
    I hope they like their NGN in Wexford, sound man, Brendan!

You might be interested in the latest NGB map for Kerry.
    Listowel remains blue.
    Killarney has run ahead of the posse with a big yellow splodge including the national park, won't the deer be charmed?
    Tralee has lost color coding totally!!
    Makes me wonder when I look at Mayo where every village seems to have been enabled and migrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 roc13x

Called Eircom today to ask about Tralee NGB. Rep told me "not this year". Is this true, or was he guessing by looking at the same map on the public website?

The chap on the forum reckoned it could be this year.
    I thought it odd that the colour coding for Tralee has been removed totally.
    I would love to start a rumour that eircom has given up on this wishy-washy NGB thing for Tralee and gone the whole hog with fibre NGN like that big conurbation, Wexford.
    That is if eircom will still have the resources to do anything this year.
    Isn't asset-stripping great!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

The consistent stalling from Eircom on the matter, together with the complete removal of any NGB would point to the fact that Eircom have no intention in the near future to upgrade any exchange in the Kingdom.

• Advertisement

Well, Killarney seems to be fully migrated, and Listowel has kept it's (out of date) color coding. They haven't given up on us completely!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭AWD

Jeepers !, I am really really fed up with Eircom !. It's just pure 'auld paddywhackery' !. I cannot get an answer as to when my line will be NGB enabled. (Currently I get .5k from a 3MB price package). It's great auld fun though, you can shout away at the numerous automated answering services, and be totally calm by the time you actually get to speak to someone. ( all nice folk with a good sense of humor by the waysmile.gif). Back to the point, which is .... I have come to the conclusion that someone at a senior level is in 'Job Justification mode' and is now at large with the coloring pens. NGB in Tralee ? Well if there is now one in Eircom that can provide even an estimate based on best plans, one can only assume that there are no plans. After three months of trying to get any kind of an answer... I'm all done here.confused.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

AWD wrote: »
    Jeepers !, I am really really fed up with Eircom !. It's just pure 'auld paddywhackery' !. I cannot get an answer as to when my line will be NGB enabled. (Currently I get .5k from a 3MB price package). It's great auld fun though, you can shout away at the numerous automated answering services, and be totally calm by the time you actually get to speak to someone. ( all nice folk with a good sense of humor by the waysmile.gif). Back to the point, which is .... I have come to the conclusion that someone at a senior level is in 'Job Justification mode' and is now at large with the coloring pens. NGB in Tralee ? Well if there is now one in Eircom that can provide even an estimate based on best plans, one can only assume that there are no plans. After three months of trying to get any kind of an answer... I'm all done here.confused.gif

Hi AWD,

Can you PM me with your telephone number so I can look into your query in detail.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Any update on NGB for Tralee?

RevBJ

The feedback I got from Eircom was "June/July timeframe 2012", immediately followed by, " but of course there is no Guarantee that will be achieved". I' ave heard this sort of 'twaddle' many times before. That's what wrong with this country... we will accept any auld sh#$%. Well I have now changed my service provider and the name Eircom is History in my house, and it will remain so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Any update on NGB for Tralee?

RevBJ

Hi RevBJ,

Thank you for your post.

The latest news I have is that Tralee is due to be upgraded this week. I can't say if the NGB upgrade will be up to 24Mb or *8Mb, until the exchange is fully enabled.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Hi Ant...
    This is the Response I had From Mark at Eircom last week....His Words not mine. So, are we now to believe with the passage of one week that the NGB plan has been expedited from June of this Year to Next Week !!

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear AWD,

You have received a new private message at boards.ie from eircom: Mark, entitled "Re: Eircom braodband".

(Originally by eircom: Mark)---

Hi AWD,

I appreciate your frustration as the NGB roll-ot team were hopeful the Tralee exchange in Kerry would be NGB enabled by the end of 2011. However due to unforeseen addition exchange and network works that needed to be carried out, the roll-out team are hopeful that exchange will be NGB enabled by the end of June this year.

I am afraid there is no way we can give an absolute guarantte but that exchange is on track for that time-frame.

I will let you know of any updates regarding Tralee as we get them.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Ant...
    This is the Response I had From Mark at Eircom last week....His Words not mine. So, are we now to believe with the passage of one week that the NGB plan has been expedited from June of this Year to Next Week !!

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear AWD,

You have received a new private message at boards.ie from eircom: Mark, entitled "Re: Eircom braodband".

(Originally by eircom: Mark)---

Hi AWD,

I appreciate your frustration as the NGB roll-ot team were hopeful the Tralee exchange in Kerry would be NGB enabled by the end of 2011. However due to unforeseen addition exchange and network works that needed to be carried out, the roll-out team are hopeful that exchange will be NGB enabled by the end of June this year.

I am afraid there is no way we can give an absolute guarantte but that exchange is on track for that time-frame.

I will let you know of any updates regarding Tralee as we get them.

Thanks, Mark

Hi AWD,

I can confirm Ant is correct.

The Bit stream and NGB roll-out enablement lists are sent out to all the sections each week.

Given past instances where eircom have given dates that had to pushed back as was the case with the
    Tralee exchange in Kerry. The activation dates are not made available until eircom are 100% certain that the exchange will be live for NGB.

We received confirmation over the weekend that yes the Tralee exchange in Kerry is set to be NGB active by the 10/02/12.

I apologise I was not able to confirm this earlier, I hope you appreciate that I did not want to give an indication that may of had to be postponed and cause further frustration.

Apologies again.

Thanks, Mark

Has "boards.ie" been hacked again?
    Hard to believe that this much anticipated rollout is happening on what is left of this week>

The name may be history but they are the ones who provide the bits and pieces for these alternatives to do their thing.

ainiseoir wrote: »
    Has "boards.ie" been hacked again?
    Hard to believe that this much anticipated rollout is happening on what is left of this week>

Hi ainiseoir,

The exchange is set for the end of the week.

The only thing I would advise is that the migrations can take some time, Some lines may need to be tested or if there is a large number of orders that need to be processed. But yes the NGB migration will start at the end of the week.

Thanks, Mark

Hey ! A bunch of Pigs Flew past, must be on their way to Buzz The Tralee Exchange.

Must get myself a Crunchie... Wow Friday this week

Ah Mark ! you spoiled it... your back in advisory mode again !

Ah Mark ! you spoiled it... your back in advisory mode again !

Sorry :p

Just in case you guys wonder why you are not on NGB first thing Monday morning.:)

Mark

The name may be history but they are the ones who provide the bits and pieces for these alternatives to do their thing.

2 True, However, the day approaches when you will have a real alternative.

• Advertisement

Sorry :p

Just in case you guys wonder why you are not on NGB first thing Monday morning.:)

Mark

biggrin.gif I don't get up that early, but I will check late on Friday Night. You know, Just in case :rolleyes:

And all this without even going from "Yalla" to an unfortunate shade of brown on the map!

And all this without even going from "Yalla" to an unfortunate shade of brown on the map!
    :D:D

Might, maybe ... Its a medium / large Exchange - you would have to wonder who the h3ll is managing this?!

Is it all depending if Mick can get of of bed this weekend to patch the cables?

daelight wrote: »
    Might, maybe ... Its a medium / large Exchange - you would have to wonder who the h3ll is managing this?!

Is it all depending if Mick can get of of bed this weekend to patch the cables?

Na! Mick is sound !... sound asleep !.. 'The man from delmonte said 'we must be patient' It's all going to happen on this Monday... flash, bang ! wallop, Yippee.... and we're off in a blinding flash..... of err!, well ? Hmm.., " for customer service... please dial 1." for 1 please dial 2,

Na! Mick is sound !... sound asleep !.. 'The man from delmonte said 'we must be patient' It's all going to happen on this Monday... flash, bang ! wallop, Yippee.... and we're off in a blinding flash..... of err!, well ? Hmm.., " for customer service... please dial 1." for 1 please dial 2,

Hi AWD,

Did you manage to place the order as yet?

Thanks, Mark

Hello Mark.
    I guess we will receive an email when we are switched over right? and I guess that will take some time ?
    Regards
    Michael

Hello Mark.
    I guess we will receive an email when we are switched over right? and I guess that will take some time ?
    Regards
    Michael

Hi,

Yes the standard migration can take a cople of weeks and you will get a e-mail notification.

But if you place the order online or throgh broadband sales 1800 503 303 they can issue the upgrade sooner if you like.

Thanks, Mark

Simple Q coming up.... Has the Tralee Exchange been NGB enabled?

• Advertisement

daelight wrote: »
    Simple Q coming up.... Has the Tralee Exchange been NGB enabled?

Hi daelight,

Yes the Tralee Exchange has been NGB enabled as of last week.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement