Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

bb1234567 wrote: »
    cant see anything behind her:confused:

It's just a plane lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

All i can make out from that picture is that it must be Mary's daughter in those posters they have up............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭pauldry

anyways back on topic a day or two of moist cold air can dump a large amount of snow on us so i dont rule out snow for any of the months even without FI or Formula One as I thought it used to be when I first started out here.

I always wondered why the Formula 1 charts had no McLarens or Ferraris. Well as I was saying on the snow we have got quite a deal of snow from short cold snaps that has taken a long time to melt because of long nights and low but not very low temperatures.

As the farmers were saying before last Christmas around here... its too cold to snow anymore and it didnt. I think weatherwise the air was so still and clear that everything just froze and there were some light showers of dusty snow apart from the East that got the deluge due to moist streamers.

So can I just say that the moist air may be better for snow but I know it will just be the messy stuff and not the dry clean stuff we all like but hey the wet stuff is better for snowballs and gets deeper. Hurray.

So roll on months and months of snowy episodes even if they just last a couple of days. Sure when the novelty wears off a storm will come then frost then rain then snow so lots of weather.:D;):p:):rolleyes::o:mad::(:eek::cool::P:confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Are yas all blind or what? :pac:
    I was referring to the bits of white stuff on the edge of the grass behind her, and on the mound. Looks like hail or snow to me.
    http://i.imgur.com/pbVps.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pangea wrote: »
    I was referring to the bits of white stuff on the edge of the grass behind her, and on the mound. Looks like hail or snow to me.
    They are rocks ?

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    They are rocks ?

You're probably right. It looked like hail to me but rocks is more likely. MTs winter outlook probably has me paranoid :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

oh i thought you meant you see hail falling behing her, ye i see it but i dont think its hail or sleetim guessing rocks too

t|nt|n wrote: »
    It's just a plane lads :D

Yes, she is quite plain. ;)

Some people are seeing "snow" what are they drinking, and can I have some! icon_beer.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Whats the current obsession with thinking there is snow where there can't possibly be? theres been quite a few posts about it. At the moment, at 10p.m. there is only 1 station in single figures and most are at 15. We'll know when conditions are cold enough for chances of snow! I think people are getting delirious from lack of it and seeing things . . .:P

Whats the current obsession with thinking there is snow where there can't possibly be? theres been quite a few posts about it. At the moment, at 10p.m. there is only 1 station in single figures and most are at 15. We'll know when conditions are cold enough for chances of snow! I think people are getting delirious from lack of it and seeing things . . .:P

I was only asking for someone elses opinion on what looked like hail to me, theres no harm in that. Also I wasn't thinking about temperatures. It was white here in one area with hail last week.
    Its not impossible to have snow in October either and forecasters have been caught out in the past. Many times we have had a snow day that no one seen coming.

• Advertisement

Yeas! gargled.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Blizzard 2010

Weather Services International are predicting a Severe Winter for Ireland and the U.K:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭pauldry

what was it in the bible "happy are those who have not seen and yet believe for theirs is the kingdom of snow"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Well I'm doing my Murphys Law bit by refusing to get crampons or snowsocks for the car again this year. If I get them we won't get the snow. You know what they say, "Fail to Prepare, Prepare to....get buried in Snow" :D

Shall I delay getting my slipping clutch fixed so I don't get wheelspin on the ice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I am a little disappointed as I was expecting it to be worse than last year.

I think James Madden raised my expectations a little too high with his report and he may change it within a few weeks.

James Madden- Worse than last year with lots of snow.

M.T. Cranium- Not as bad as last year with some snow.

Brian Gaze- Delayed his winter report because "The 'hints' coming out of Exeter seem to be suggesting they are expecting a milder winter this year."

Joe Bastardi- I think he supports a cold winter.

Everyone is all over the place with year.

The best bet of all it prepare for the worse and hope for the best and whatever happens, happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

anyone know whats the best site to use to figure out your height in relation to sea level in metres ???

what is it they say , it gets 1 degree colder every how many hundred metres you go up ??
    been meaning to check it out with ages , would be interesting to know !!!! :) thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

jaysus Pangea do we really need a close up for her,no type of weather is worth that
    ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

NIALL D wrote: »
    anyone know whats the best site to use to figure out your height in relation to sea level in metres ???

what is it they say , it gets 1 degree colder every how many hundred metres you go up ??
    been meaning to check it out with ages , would be interesting to know !!!! :) thanks..

http://www.earthtools.org/
    enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I was only asking for someone elses opinion on what looked like hail to me, theres no harm in that. Also I wasn't thinking about temperatures. It was white here in one area with hail last week.
    Its not impossible to have snow in October either and forecasters have been caught out in the past. Many times we have had a snow day that no one seen coming.

Sorry,I came across a bit harsh, just I've seen quite a few examples of it lately and I went off on a rant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,355 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

(quote)

Ok MT I just bought snow tires on the strength of this. If it doesn't snow I'm sending you the bill

(/quote)

Money back guarantee void for residents of Cork, Kerry and Wexford. :D

(also Limerick City, certain parts of Clare, Malin Head lighthouse keeper also out of luck, sorry).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

delw wrote: »

They say its about 1 degree celsius every 150m.
    That can vary depending on the air mass overhead though but it usually would be 150m.

thanks delw ;)

(quote)

Ok MT I just bought snow tires on the strength of this. If it doesn't snow I'm sending you the bill

(/quote)

(also Limerick City, certain parts of Clare, Malin Head lighthouse keeper also out of luck, sorry).

wexford seriously ?? there was a foot of snow in parts last year , i remember the brother sayin he couldnt get to work for a few days !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

NIALL D wrote: »
    wexford seriously ?? there was a foot of snow in parts last year , i remember the brother sayin he couldnt get to work for a few days !!!

That wasn't snow, that was apathy :D:p

t|nt|n wrote: »
    That wasn't snow, that was apathy :D:p

haha , o it was pure snow ! seen the pics ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

(quote)

(/quote)

wexford???:confused: my friend has a holiday home in rosslare and went out last christmas and said there was well over a foot of snow, or just as much as dublin there and thats on the coast !!

wexford???:confused: my friend has a holiday home in rosslare and went out last christmas and said there was well over a foot of snow, or just as much as dublin there and thats on the coast !!

he must be referring to this year , thinkin that wexford might not get much snow , or else he is jus taking the peeee :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

(quote)

(/quote)

Cool I don't live in any of those places :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

My virus checker found malware on this website. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement