Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Okay then, south coast of Wexford, I will honour the money back guarantee for anyone within sight of a hill over 300 metres, let's put it that way.

Normally I only offer these to residents of Lake Huron counties of Ontario, and it works out fine. :)

I loved the line about apathy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Okay then, south coast of Wexford, I will honour the money back guarantee for anyone within sight of a hill over 300 metres, let's put it that way.

Normally I only offer these to residents of Lake Huron counties of Ontario, and it works out fine. :)

Normal service returned for Waterford so MT eh? Cold mushy sleet turning to cloudy but windy, to rainy, and back to July where we get the same but in 20 degrees :)

Snowless for us it seems this winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Conor30 wrote: »
    My virus checker found malware on this website. :pac:
    sorry about that but iv used it before & everything fine but hope everyone else checks their computer just incase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

delw wrote: »
    sorry about that but iv used it before & everything fine but hope everyone else checks their computer just incase

I've used it too with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Apathy is a global problem ! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I wonder will we get low temps in the midlands like most years ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Trotter wrote: »

Normal service returned for Waterford so MT eh? Cold mushy sleet turning to cloudy but windy, to rainy, and back to July where we get the same but in 20 degrees :)

Snowless for us it seems this winter!

If we got snow last year then ANYTHING is possible!! Keep the faith Trotter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

leahyl wrote: »
    If we got snow last year then ANYTHING is possible!! Keep the faith Trotter!!

haha.... or ya could just do what im planning on....

Going to Norway to get some DEFINITE snow and hopefully a good display of the northern lights too! :):):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

MT predicts possible snow in Donegal tues ( on the hills)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭stevielenihan

Will Ireland get Snow this monday 17 october 2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

imagine the amount of embarrased faces if this winter turns out mild, the government, so many forecasters and so many newspapers:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

bb1234567 wrote: »
    imagine the amount of embarrased faces if this winter turns out mild, the government, so many forecasters and so many newspapers:p

The government can rightly say they were just being prepared.

The forecasters always allow for error.

The papers will blame the government and the forecasters for getting it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭touts

The government can rightly say they were just being prepared.

The forecasters always allow for error.

The papers will blame the government and the forecasters for getting it wrong.

Irish Daily Mail Headline in April 2012: Millions wasted as mountains of Salt sit unused.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

touts wrote: »
    Irish Daily Mail Headline in April 2012: Millions wasted as mountains of Salt sit unused.

sounds like a usual over the top daily mail new article to me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

touts wrote: »

At least they can point out that the salt will still be around for the year after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

dsmythy wrote: »
    At least they can point out that the salt will still be around for the year after.

They will probably have to give it out as food rations before the next winter the way things are going

• Registered Users Posts: 5 m.kelly

Snowfall in the Glenshane Pass in Co Derry

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1017/weather.html

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭only one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

only one wrote: »

must be , its dated the 18th which is today ... a hell of a lot different to mt's forecast !!!!
    there one sounds quiet boring/typical ireland winter weather ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭touts

NIALL D wrote: »
    must be , its dated the 18th which is today ... a hell of a lot different to mt's forecast !!!!

Well it saves a few hundred on oil/coal/electricity and ~€400 on winter tyres. All in all I'd say the positive weather solutions forecast leaves possibly €800 extra in my pocket at the end of the winter so I know which one I'm crossing my fingers for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

NIALL D wrote: »

and the UKmet are giving it a 40% chance for a mild winter, Hopefully the are wrong:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

and the UKmet are giving it a 40% chance for a mild winter, Hopefully the are wrong:)

So 60% chance it wont be ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

There is not much consensus over this years weather.

James Madden has a different forecast to Peter O'Donnell who has a different forecast to Positive Weather Solutions etc etc

I am expecting a bad winter and it doesn't hurt to prepare for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Lucreto wrote: »

James Madden has a different forecast to Peter O'Donnell who has a different forecast to Positive Weather Solutions etc etc

Me too. I think this years winter sting will be in January and February this time though,unlike the last couple of years. So when people are basking in 13C on Christmas Day, I won't be fooled....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's a guessing game really! One person says one thing, someone else says the other thing....at the end of the day no one knows really, just some are more accurate in their predictions than others!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Lucreto wrote: »

How are you preparing for it? Extra food etc or something more detailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Confab wrote: »
    How are you preparing for it? Extra food etc or something more detailed?

The usual stuff really. Salt for the driveway, some food, shovels, good pair of hiking boots.

I live 10 minutes from work so I can walk there everyday and Tesco is 15 minutes walk from my home. Tesco did a good job keeping stock last year so bread and milk is not a big problem.

Saying that Lidl and Aldi are too far so I will be stocking up on the food stuffs from there at the first sign of any heavy snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Monday 15th of November last year was the date the first real thread appeared regarding the cold that appeared on the charts that was about to sweep over the country:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056090424

Quite a way to go before then, a good 4 to 5 weeks.
    On another thread a week before that, the temperature had reached 18 degrees in London.
    So right now, hard to know what way it will go, other than to say its getting nearer that time every day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement