Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT notes for sale/wanted - post in this thread only

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

Hey all, I've got a set of the five Dummies books I used for sale. They're all in great condition, unwritten in etc. The five books are:

Organic Chemistry I
    Organic Chemistry I Workbook
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics

I used these to get into Graduate Medicine so I definitely recommend them! Looking for 30 euro for the lot for a quick sale.

Picture here: http://i.imgur.com/PEHnG.jpg

I'm in Dublin 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Thinfin

Hi
    I have 3 books for sale:

ACER Practice Test (as new)
    ACER Practice Questions (as new)
    ACER Sample Questions, 2nd edition, 2004 (front cover had water spilt on it, perfect inside)

PM me if you would like to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭paulcummins

Hi, I am interested in buying the MCAT books on verbal reasoning/chem/bio and physics. I am located in dublin and can meet to pay asap. Let me know if anyone is interested in selling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Crowk

Hi everyone!

Got offered RCSI on Thurs so now in the position to sell off all my gamsat material. Basically what I have is:

All ACER gamsat official test material (blue, green, red and purple books)

All 2011 gradmed intensive revision course material- physics, chemistry, organic chemistry and biology notes + simulated section three questions (think there's 5 papers of 55 questions) also Section 1 & 2 notes

MCAT Examcrackers 1001 Questions in Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Physics

MCAT Examcrackers 101 Passages in Verbal Reasoning

OZIMED papers 1-5

other ACER papers e.g. MSAP

Leaving Cert Physics and Chemistry books (Chemistry Live, Physics Today, Less Stress More Success Physics + Chemistry)

other miscellaneous textbooks (e.g. Penguin's Dictionary of Science, Biology for Dummies, 3rd Level Biochemistry and Chemistry books)

LOADS of science notes (from grinds) on physics, chemistry etc..

Have medired book and more Gradmed Section 1 material from a previous year (Electronic copies).. think I have a version of Griffiths Review knocking around too..

Also have a random array of notes, sample test papers (e.g. prepgenie) etc. that I scanned the internet for + essays on various topics that I have written over the last year

Price: 120 euro

Not going to lie, it wasn't my first time doing the gamsat so a lot of the material is marked (not too much though) wasn't exactly thinking about the resale value at the time! But I've a lot of great material that has taken me ages to collect and it would be a real shame if they were not put to use again!

I've been out of the country for the last few months (hence why I can't remember all the stuff I have), but I'll be returning home the week after next so the material will be available to collect from the 15th of August onwards (if anyone needs it for Gamsat UK). I'm also more that happy to meet up and discuss any queries about the exam (have sat it in London and Dublin), and give any gems of knowledge I have acquired over my time studying for gamsat! Please pm me if you are interested. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gradmed123

hi Crowk,

i'll take those notes off your hands if they are still available.
    120 for the lot seems like a great deal to be honest. would be delighted to get them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gamsat4sale

Hey guys,

Just testing the waters here, so get back to me if it sounds in any way interesting. I took the Gradmed course, and just got offered UCD, so I can finally get rid of all this gamsat stuff that I have:

Ozimed Papers 1-10 (€200 approx new) (completely un-marked)
    All the ACER practice/exam papers (3 sets: Green, Purple, Blue; £68 new)

Gradmed full prep course notes and sample questions:

-GAMSAT Organic Chemistry
    -GAMSAT Physical Chemistry
    -GAMSAT Physics
    -GAMSAT Biology
    -GAMSAT Maths for Science
    -Written Communication (A)
    -Written Communication (B)
    -A batch of 30+ Section 2 essays that I did myself. (I got a 76)
    -Simulated GAMSAT Question Papers, Section I (4 papers)
    -Simulated GAMSAT Question Papers, Section III (5 half papers&solutions)
    -All handouts and extra questions from the course (there are quite a lot for each subject)
    -Gradmed Practice Test

I'm a bit of a serial note-taker (as I had no background in science), so I have highly detailed notes from every class of every subject all the way through the 3 month Gradmed course, all very easy to read and follow, with good hand-drawn diagrams (design background!), and all in chronological order throughout the course. They're contained in 3 hard-back A4 notebooks.

Also, and this is probably my USP, I have good quality audio recordings of every class from the Gradmed Courses. Literally every class. So, basically, you'd have the whole Gradmed 'Experience' to work through, in your own time, which helped me a load I have to say. (The course itself costed over 2000euro)

For these reasons, I honestly have no idea what to ask money-wise for this stuff. I honestly don't. I'm not trying to be money-grabber, but if anyone is interested, PM me. The Gradmed course was really good, especially with me not having a science background, so I really recommend it. (If it's ok, I'm not really interested in selling it piece-by-piece, especially the Gradmed stuff.)

Like Crowk said, I'm more than happy to give any advice on the exam also.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭heybert

For sale to ambitious owner:
    Gradmed Biology, Organic Chemistry (partial), Physical Chemistry, Physics
    Gradmed Practice Questions (some marks)
    ACER Practice Test 1 & 2 (some marks)

Accepted first time with no science background. This is an incomplete set of Gradmed course notes but is a great starting point. For this reason I am happy to sell for €50 (the course cost over £2k).
    PM me if interested

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Legal

Have Gamsat materials for sale - Gradmed notes covering all areas for the exam.

PM if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 med87

Hi all,

I have a wealth of GAMSAT preparation material Im looking to pass onto someone!

This collection includes:

1) Gradmed bio, chem, physics, section 1 & 2, maths material, and all associated workbooks / practice questions.
    2) Guru Methods entire package (books and workbooks on each section, extra essay booklets)
    3) MCAT 101 passages in verbal reasoning
    4) ACER sample questions and practice test
    5) Des O'Neills biology (1, 2, 3).
    6) Organic chemistry for Dummies

I did the Gradmed course and the material that accompanies it is excellent! The other materials listed above were also very useful and helped me develop a broader knowledge base for the exam. Using this diverse range of materials was also good for developing a varied approach to the exam.

Anyone interested, let me know and we can arrange a price!

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Hi, Im looking for gradmed notes, compete set if possible. In the dublin area. It would be great if anyone looking to sell theirs could pm me. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 ericm84

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy MCAT Examcrackers 1001 Questions in Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Physics and MCAT Examcrackers 101 Passages in Verbal Reasoning if anyone here is looking to sell them?

Also if anyone is looking to sell OZIMED papers, guru method or Gold standard mcat stuff I'd also be interested.

PM if you're looking to off load them!!

Thanks,
    E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MedStudent84

GAMSAT MATERIAL FOR €300 WORTH €600

(original prices below include postage cos all stuff has to be bought online)

Just got accepted to med so am looking to sell my material asap!
    willing to drive to meet someone to sell books

- 4 ACER GAMSAT BOOKLETS
    2 Gamsat Acer practice tests (green and purple ones).
    Acer practice questions (red book)
    Acer sample questions (blue book): €118

- MCat 101 Exam passages approx €35

- Griffith gamsat review €35

-Med prep Basic study package €388 (web site ishttp://medprepinternational.com/ for more detailed info)

- Organic chem for dummies book
    Organic chem for dummies workbook approx €25 for both
    -Rapid revision physics for leaving cert €10
    Leaving cert Chemistry past papers €8 (good for practice questions)

- Leaving cert Biology book- give for free cos its old but good diagrams and simple explanations included

Ill also include solutions for the Acer science sections for the papers cos they dont give u these unfortunately, its very frustrating as they give you the answer but you are left to figure out yourself how they arrived at the conclusion! Also willing to chat to anyone who wants to buy my stuff, it is the most frustrating exam and I def felt isolated while doing it so Id be happy to help anyone!PM if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 med87

Hi all,

I have a wealth of GAMSAT preparation material Im looking to pass onto someone!

This collection includes:

1) Gradmed bio, chem, physics, section 1 & 2, maths material, and all associated workbooks / practice questions.
    2) Guru Methods entire package (books and workbooks on each section, extra essay booklets)
    3) MCAT 101 passages in verbal reasoning
    4) ACER sample questions and practice test
    5) Des O'Neills biology (1, 2, 3).
    6) Organic chemistry for Dummies

I did the Gradmed course and the material that accompanies it is excellent! The other materials listed above were also very useful and helped me develop a broader knowledge base for the exam. Using this diverse range of materials was also good for developing a varied approach to the exam.

Anyone interested, let me know and we can arrange a price!

Cheers :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MedStudent84

- 4 ACER GAMSAT BOOKLETS for €50
    2 Gamsat Acer practice tests (green and purple ones).
    Acer practice questions (red book)
    Acer sample questions (blue book): Original price €118

I will also give notes that I have containing almost all worked out solutions to science questions. Might be handy cos ACER only give answers to alot of items and dont include actual calculations. Books in very good condition blue one has pencil marks on it however.

Message if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Jim79

I want to but the acer practice test 2 'the purple book'. Anyone got this book for sale without the others???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 swiggle

Ozimed Papers 1-10 (€200 approx new) (completely un-marked)
    All the ACER practice/exam papers (3 sets: Green, Purple, Blue; £68 new)

Gradmed full prep course notes and sample questions:

-GAMSAT Physics
    -GAMSAT Biology
    -A batch of 30+ Section 2 essays that I did myself. (I got a 76)
    -Simulated GAMSAT Question Papers, Section I (4 papers)
    -Simulated GAMSAT Question Papers, Section III (5 half papers&solutions)
    -All handouts and extra questions from the course (there are quite a lot for each subject)
    -Gradmed Practice Test

For these reasons, I honestly have no idea what to ask money-wise for this stuff. I honestly don't. I'm not trying to be money-grabber, but if anyone is interested, PM me. The Gradmed course was really good, especially with me not having a science background, so I really recommend it. (If it's ok, I'm not really interested in selling it piece-by-piece, especially the Gradmed stuff.)

Is the Gradmed package still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Darcy87

For sale used GAMSAT notes
    These notes are in good condition with minor pencil marks. They are fantastic notes which secured me my place in UL medicine. For sale to anyone in the Limerick region.

Gradmed notes:
    - Physical chemistry
    - Organic chemistry
    - Biology
    - Physics
    - Section 3 simulated exam questions
    - Section 2 Written communication A and B
    - Section 1 notes and exam questions
    Des O Neill science notes and exam questions
    MCAT verbal reasoning
    MCAT chemistry and organic chemistry
    ACER sample questions, practice tests, and practice questions
    Ozimed exam papers available also on a key stick.
    Also have very good notes I made on each topic to help in understanding how to do the questions. Anyone interested, let me know and we can arrange a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CeannComhairle

Hi, sat the GAMSAT last year. Want to sell study materials.

Have the entire Gold standard books/dvds/study cards set (bought for 300)
    http://www.gamsat-prep.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23_24=&products_id=13

And 4 ACER practise tests - bought for 150.
    http://gamsatau.acer.edu.au/booklets.php

All as good as new i.e. no marks and bought at xmas 2010/11.
    Will sell total for 300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 oldnews

Hi,

Full pack for the gamsat for sale

Full Set of Gradmed Notes
    Gamsat Biology
    Biology Sample Questions 1 - 16 units with total of 63 questions
    Biology Sample Quesiions 2 - 20 units with total of 81 questions
    Gamsat Physics
    Physics Additional Information Revisions hints and questions - 38 questions
    Mathematics for Science
    Organic Chemistry
    Physical Chemistry
    Chemistry Sample Questions - 45 questions in total
    Question Papers Section 3 Reasoning in Biological and Physical Sciences - 5 papers each with 55 questions, explanations included
    Question Papers Section 1 Reasoning in Humanities and Social Sciences - 4 papers each with 75 questions
    Section 2 Written Communication

MCAT
    1001 Questions in MCAT Organic Chemistry
    1001 Questions in MCAT Chemistry
    1001 Questions in MCAT Physics
    101 Passages in MCAT (verbal reasoning)

Acer Papers – All 4 Acer Papers
    Ozimed papers 1-5

Books
    Physics Today
    Chemistry – An introduction to general, organic and biological chemistry
    Biology for Dummies

€300 for everything. Not sold separately. Pm if interested.
    Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nasher and Basher

Hello,

Does anyone have GAMSAT items to sell, preferably Practice Papers ?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 c_b

Looking for gradmed notes especially. Please post if anyone has any to offer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 c_b

Are they in good condition? i.e no pencil marks with answers on the pages? I can offer you 200 if you're interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sophie.oconnor

Hello,

Does anyone have GAMSAT items to sell, preferably Practice Papers ?

Thanks

I have the 3 ACER papers bought in 2011-practice questions, Practice test 2 and sample questions. I also have the OZIMED practice papers 1 to 10, the GRADMED written communications notes and the GRADMED 'reasoning in humanities and social science' Question papers and the GRADMED physical chemistry notes and Physics notes.

I have the 3 ACER papers bought in 2011-practice questions, Practice test 2 and sample questions. I also have the OZIMED practice papers 1 to 10, the GRADMED written communications notes and the GRADMED 'reasoning in humanities and social science' Question papers and the GRADMED physical chemistry notes and Physics notes.

Sophie

c_b wrote: »
    Are they in good condition? i.e no pencil marks with answers on the pages? I can offer you 200 if you're interested?

If your are talking about the GURU method books they look brand new.
    email me- sophie.oconnor1@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ninjago

looking for GAMSAT prep, notes, practice papers, gradmed papers etc.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CeannComhairle

ninjago wrote: »
    looking for GAMSAT prep, notes, practice papers, gradmed papers etc.
    thanks

Hi ninjago.
    I have complete gold-standard gamsat set of study materials (book, DVDs, study cards) in addition to all 4 acer practise tests.
    Cost me 450 total but i was hoping to recoup 300 if possible. Can discuss further if interested. Condition brand new. Bought jan 2011 and no pencil marks etc.
    Will leave it with you

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Paella

Hi All,
    I have for sale:
    Des O’Neill’s full notes for Biology, Chemistry and Physics (a couple of 100 pages of stuff)
    Des O’Neill’s Gamsatprep Practising MCQs Home Study Course 2010 (Very useful book - definitely the most accurate and helpful thing I’ve come across in terms of providing tough GAMSAT-type questions. Cost approx. 180 euro including shipping from Australia)
    Organic chemistry for Dummies
    Griffith’s gamsat review
    A couple of Ozimed papers
    Gradmed full prep course notes and sample questions (the course itself cost approx 2,000 euro):
    -GAMSAT Physics
    -GAMSAT Biology

These materials helped me get a 71 (71-73-69) in the GAMSAT (which was in the top 1% of people who sat the test for all three sections) and my first choice at UCD. I'd also be happy to meet up and discuss any questions about the exam and give any advice I can on how to maximise your score. If anyone wants the lot I’ve some extra notes I could throw in too.

PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ninjago

hi
    are you notes still for sale. I would be interested in finding out how much you were looking fr them>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 hauliesleap

Hi,
    My wife did the Gamsat exam in March and she is looking to sell 3 Home-study courses and 50 other books related to the gamsat exam. BTW she got a 62 while being almost 7 months pregnant and working fulltime up until the 2nd week in Feb while using the material below.
    She has the following:
    • Medprep complete home-study course (2 booklets and 3 sample papers (marked))
    • Guru Method home-study course (10 booklets, not marked)
    • Des O’Neill complete home-study course (2 booklets and folder) not marked

• Ferdinand Gold Standard Gamsat Book
    • Griffith gamsat review
    • Kaplan mcat practice tests
    • Mcat 101 passages in mcat verbal reasoning
    • 1001 questions in mcat biology
    • 1001 questions in mcat organic chemistry
    • 1001 questions in mcat physics
    • 1001 questions in mcat chemistry
    • 4 Acer practice material booklets (red, green, blue and purple) clean.
    • Organic chemistry 1 and 2 for dummies (2 books)
    • Physics 1 and 2 for dummies (2 books)
    • Poetry for dummies
    • Philosophy for dummies
    • Letts a level exam practice biology
    • Letts revise as and a2 biology
    • Letts a2 in a week biology
    • Letts as in a week biology
    • Letts a level exam practice chemistry
    • Letts revise as and a2 chemistry
    • Letts as in a week chemistry
    • Letts a2 in a week chemistry
    • Longman’s calculations in as/a level chemistry
    • CGP as level chemistry revision guide
    • CGP a2 level chemistry revision guide
    • Letts revise as and a2 physics
    • Letts a level exam practice
    • Letts as in a week physics
    • Letts a2 in a week physics
    • CGP gcse physics revision and practice
    • CGP as level physics revision guide
    • CGP a2 level physics revision guide
    • Nelson calculations for a-level physics
    • Practice in physics
    • Oxford revision guide in as and a level physics
    • Practice tests for diagrammatic and abstract reasoning
    • Pearson longman revision express general studies as and a2
    • Letts a2 in a week psychology
    • Letts as in a week psychology
    • Letts as in a week sociology
    • Letts a2 in a week sociology
    • CGP a2 level sociology revision guide
    • CGP as level sociology revision guide
    • Dell book of logic
    • Philosophy for a2, key themes in philosophy
    • Philosophy for as
    • Philosophy for a2, philosophical problems

I’m selling the lot all together as a package as I don’t have time to individually sell. I’m based in Kerry but could arrange for them to be collected in Limerick or Dublin.

PM me if anyone is interested.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement