Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional fighters you like/dislike the most...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

SDTimeout wrote: »
    You can't change a persons opinion on someone generally.

Where did I try? :confused:

Read topic title , FFS - "Professional fighters you like/dislike the most..." - I named the one I disliked the most.

So what's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Where did I try? :confused:

Read topic title , FFS - "Professional fighters you like/dislike the most..." - I named the one I disliked the most.

So what's your point?

It just came across like you were trying to get people to see why everyone should hate him. You can say how you dislike a fighter in a far less troll-ish way without making him look like sh!t.

I dislike a couple of fighters, you could have just said I don't like his personality and you wouldn't have gotten in trouble.

Fighter i disliked up until a while ago was Silva. Due to his inability to speak English, I believed that if your a champ in the UFC you should at least make the effort to learn English. To be fair his English was very good on the MMAHour a few weeks ago.

I dislike a couple of fighters, you could have just said I don't like his personality and you wouldn't have gotten in trouble.

Eh - I did - I said he was a douche - that's part of his personality - it's not physical is it? I didn't say he had a big nose or anything.
    It just came across like you were trying to get people to see why everyone should hate him.
    Why - because I backed up my opinion with tangible incidents? :confused:

I don't get this: I get warned by cowzerp for not giving enough detail as to why I thought Rampage was a douche; and then someone else says I'm trolling and "trying to change opinions" because I gave too much detail.
    Fighter i disliked up until a while ago was Silva. Due to his inability to speak English, I believed that if your a champ in the UFC you should at least make the effort to learn English.
    Yeah - that's totally not even hinting at prejudice whatsoever... Really good reason to dislike someone - "because they don't speak the same language as me". You're lucky you're part of the clique on here though, or you could have been warned for that comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Rick Story because his mouth is becoming bigger and bigger. He is being very disrespectful aswell.

Jamie Varner because of his comments about Cerrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I see how the "buddy" system works around here.

You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder when it comes to this forum and its been evident in a few threads now.
    All that was basically said was that you need to be careful that you don't cross the line between giving your opinion and fighter bashing. And then you got on the defensive and came back with smart aggressive replies.

To clarify, I think just saying he's a "douche" is fighter bashing. But saying why you think someone is arrogant etc is ok within reason.
    You quoted me as saying Roy Nelsons attitude písses me off. I said that because it does. But I didn't just come out and say he's an asshole.

And its already been discussed about his attitude so people know what I'm talking about. He seems to not want to change his physique and fitness level and just comes across as unprofessional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

One fighter I'm always happy to root for is Urijah Faber. Always interesting to watch, seems like a very nice laid back guy, and deserves alot of respect for fighting till the fifth round against Mike Brown in a genuinely aggressive way despite having broken his right hand and dislocated his left thumb early in the match.

Eh - I did - I said he was a douche - that's part of his personality - it's not physical is it? I didn't say he had a big nose or anything.

Why - because I backed up my opinion with tangible incidents? :confused:

I don't get this: I get warned by cowzerp for not giving enough detail as to why I thought Rampage was a douche; and then someone else says I'm trolling and "trying to change opinions" because I gave too much detail.

Yeah - that's totally not even hinting at prejudice whatsoever... Really good reason to dislike someone - "because they don't speak the same language as me". You're lucky you're part of the clique on here though, or you could have been warned for that comment!

I didn't call you a troll, because that's against the charter ;)

Believe me, the people I've annoyed on here will probably exclude me from this "clique" for life. However i like to think some of them give me a bit of respect due to introducing myself to them at local shows, and putting my name in my profile because i know if i did say something out of line, they would all be the first to call me up on it.

Less of this bad karma, I've still got two exams to do next week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

If I had to pick the 3 fighters I like most (not who I like fighting the most) i'd say

Fedor
    Nog
    Shogun

They all seem to be modest lads

No great fan of
    Bisping
    Daley
    Hughes, chuck or tito

Oddly I like Baroni and Brock as I find them entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If I had to pick the 3 fighters I like most (not who I like fighting the most) i'd say

Fedor
    Nog
    Shogun

They all seem to be modest lads

No great fan of
    Bisping
    Daley
    Hughes, chuck or tito

Oddly I like Baroni and Brock as I find them entertaining

Interesting...care to elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Funnily enough I'm not a big fan of Chuck either, I think he's a bit one dimensional and I don't like his fighting style either. I don't dislike him but I wouldn't scramble and buy a PPV event if he was headlining it.

I also don't like watching Keith Jardine either, I'm not sure if I'm freaked because he looks like an extra from 'The Hills Have Eyes' or that he looks like a simpleton that's going to get smashed (even though he is well capable of fighting) but I really don't like his style of fighting.

Another fighter I cannot warm to is Brian Stann. I can't quite pinpoint it but he just seems to clean cut... too American, which is weird because I don't dislike Americans, I just don't like people who are OTT patriotic or loud and seem to preach - He seems like he would be better suited being a superhero than an MMA star. I know this is completely irrational and I'm not fighter bashing, just expressing an opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

I'm just not a big Fan of his style.

He never really excited me. Probably someone I should like but don't

I met him and he was friendly enough but I would guess he's the sort of guy who would be happy enough sticking his foot through ur skull for pleasure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Seems cowzerp wants me to substantiate my comment so here you go:

I am not Cowzerp, I took offence to the word "douche" and asked you to explain why you thought Rampage was a "douch."

Your response was very comprehensive and I appreciate that but (seemingly) getting wound up and (you could say) accusing me of being part of some clique is something I'm not really impressed by.

But so be it, a thread like this had the potential for somebody to lose the head.

I'll leave it at that :-)

I am not Cowzerp, I took offence to the word "douche" and asked you to explain why you thought Rampage was a "douch."

cowzerp gave me a warning for my "douche" post, so that's what I meant by "cowzerp wants me to substantiate my comment" - see the yellow card under my post. I wasn't replying to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

cowzerp gave me a warning for my "douche" post, so that's what I meant by "cowzerp wants me to substantiate my comment" - see the yellow card under my post. I wasn't replying to you.

Gotcha - you quoted me though so that's why i replied.

So any way back to thread :-) - I don't "dislike" any fighter as they are braver than most of us and entertain us like no other sport but I've always struggled to forgive Koscheck for his behaviour toward Leben all those years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I disliked Shane Carwin up until the other day. Now I don't particularly like him anymore but I have a hell of a lot more respect after his gutsy performance in Vancouver. But my dislike from him mainly stems from the whole steroid controversy which he never addressed.

Apart from that I honestly can't think of a lot of fighters I have an intense dislike for. Sure some of them have abrasive, chauvinistic traits to their personalities but this is kind of what makes it compelling to watch for me, apart from the obvious reasons to watch two men test their skills.

What I do have though is the utmost respect for anyone that trains and fights full time. The sheer dedication and the sacrifices that these guys make never ceases to amaze me. Some of the antics of fighters during fights have sure as hell gotten on my nerves and out made me outright angry at times - Silva/Maia springs to mind. But then I see something that reels me back in again - Silva's crane kick on Machida.

Kenny Florian and GSP because they both annoy me by talking a load of búllshít continually.

I hate fighters with a big mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Richy06 wrote: »
    What I do have though is the utmost respect for anyone that trains and fights full time. The sheer dedication and the sacrifices that these guys make never ceases to amaze me. Some of the antics of fighters during fights have sure as hell gotten on my nerves and out made me outright angry at times - Silva/Maia springs to mind. But then I see something that reels me back in again - Silva's crane kick on Machida.
    Do you mean Silvas front kick on Vitor or Machidas crane-kick on Couture? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

The Chin wrote: »
    Do you mean Silvas front kick on Vitor or Machidas crane-kick on Couture? :confused:

Either way he has Steven Segal to thank. :D

Damn, I meant Silva/Belfort. Brain fart!

unknown13 wrote: »
    Kenny Florian and GSP because they both annoy me by talking a load of búllshít continually.

I hate fighters with a big mouth.

Where are you getting that from for GSP? He tends to be pretty mild mannered.

• Advertisement

Where are you getting that from for GSP? He tends to be pretty mild mannered.

He is mild mannered but the stuff that comes out of his mouth just annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Richy06 wrote: »
    Damn, I meant Silva/Belfort. Brain fart!

Was gonna point that out but didn't want to puke ya. :cool:

Each kick very significant in the perceptions of the fighters, very excited to see a rare Machida knockout, hope he tries to finish fights more often now, instead of fighting to decisions all the time.

unknown13 wrote: »
    He is mild mannered but the stuff that comes out of his mouth just annoys me.

Any examples? Just curious.

I also like Chris Fields but only because he comes out to Jailbreak...

Have to say I like JDS a lot after watching TUF this year seems very genuine for a scary bastard :D
    Also like Machida and Shogun because the way they fight and they don't talk bollocks.

Don't like Bisping at all he always got under my skin and then the spitting incident just sealed the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lakes1985

dont like koscheck, love GSP & Junior Dos Santos both are gentlemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

I used to be a huge fan of Clay Guida. Loved his energy and determination to put on a good show. His fights against Tyson Griffin and Diego Sanchez are legendary in my eyes. However recently it seems he has adopted a new style which pretty much see's him bouncing around for 15 mins. Dos Santos seems like a very likable guy after the ultimate fighter.

For some reason i never liked Matt Serra.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Guida started training with Greg Jackson since those fights.

I'm probably one of the few that like Bisping and Tito. Favourites are BJ, Wandy, Big Nog, Kenny, Rashad. Also like Sots since he was on TUF and have to love Sexiyama.

Don't like GSP, same reasons as have been said on this thread. Rampage is always moaning about something, still want him to KO Jon Jones though.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Sots

Who?

• Advertisement

George Sotiropoulos.

Advertisement